X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you bring it!

Comment

If the movie doesn't look good I'm not watching it
      This is pretty much what people need to do. Not really much point whining, pointing out shit theyve messed up and saying they havent done the original justice (alrhough it IS fun to vent!!)...In the end just ignoring the shit is the only way to stay sane..These things will continue to be made...I just read Bay is doing Transformers 5 with Marky Mark again....That last one was the biggest heap of shit I have seen in a while...but still they are making another one...this Ghostbusters revoot cannot possibly be as bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
        All movies with women, dressed, are terrible.
        Seems like a bad case of internalized misogyny.

Paul Feig's infantile temper tantrums regarding the heavy criticism facing the film has been amusing:

“Geek culture is home to some of the biggest assholes”: “Ghostbusters” Paul Feig director lashes out at Internet

“I live or die on what things are funny and whether or not people will be entertained by them.”

He added that the film's putative star, McCarthy, “is just this hilarious woman who is so funny. I don't care what she looks like. As long as she's funny and is a professional. She's hilarious.”
        Well then I think you might want to change professions. Its fitting though that Feig is acting like such a cry-baby as it reflects the mindset of the targeted audience for this film.
        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
          Seems like a bad case of internalized misogyny.
          Must be.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
            Must be.
            Nothing wrong with a bit of misogyny every now and again...
            I do feel that in the case of Ghostbusters McCarthy naked might deter enjoyment away from the rest of the movie...

As for Feig's comments..he must be sick of the negative coments from fans...but thats surely like whining that people arenalways bugging you for photos and autographs when you are famous....goes with the territory...part of the job..especially if u decide to remake a film like Ghostbusters...

As for his comments about McCarthy being funny....humor is kinda subjective...and he IS little biased I think....but one thing is for sure Bill Murray was awesome in Ghostbusters....Melissa cannot even dream of being as good or iconic in this....

Comment

yeah, yeah, but- You gotta admit that the level of vitriol being spewed at this film is disproportionate to the quality of the trailers so far.* I'm not getting a lot of laughs out of those trailers but they are the most disliked youtube trailers in history. This in a world where Adam Sandler makes movies at will. Then you look at the reaction to the new Star Wars films with all the Mary Sue (is it Mary Sue?) abuse because they feature young heroines who can do everything better than everyone else despite no training. You know like Luke in the ones everyone loves.

In theory I actually kind of like the idea. If you're going to bring something back Ghostbusters would be high on my list. I don't want to see the original cast bought back for a geriatric version (age-ism!) and I don't want to see them replaced with young males because you'd just be comparing and the original had Bill Murray so obviously they'll win. An all female cast? Makes your remake different before you've done anything.

Colour me vaguely interested (I imagine that as a kind of mauve) and I will see it when I can see it cheaply.

*the original trailer was not exactly brimming with laughs either.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Any publicity is good publicity in terms of box office...

As always it WILL probably make a load of money as it is not really aimed at the fan boys who love the first movie...The people who buy tickets to make these things earn a load of money are regular joes...and young people who probably watched the first one recently and though 'That was shit.....and old!!!"..McCarthys films make money and attract a certain demographic..and this is different from what she usually makes.
                Just saw Adam Sandler has a new film out...I might watch that one before Ghostbusters just to make it seem that much better...

Comment

What's especially hilarious is despite the film being made to please the PC/SJW crowd, there were complaints of racism leveled at it from the very people they were trying to appeal too because of Leslie Jones apparently playing a stereotypical "token black" role.

James Rolfe, better know as The Angry Video Game Nerd posted this video the other day giving his thoughts on the matter:

Of course this caused a collective triggering amongst the special snowflake community who immediately screamed "SEXIST!"
                  LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

You really just can't win these days....

Comment

I've seen that video being bandied about though I haven't watched it as I've always been on my phone when it's popped up. This is what I'm talking about when I say isn't the criticism massively disproportionate to the trailer? Now I haven't seen this guy before so maybe he does 7 minutes videos titled " no review, I refuse " for every trailer he doesn't like but I assume he doesn't. It such a waste of time as to be barely believable. And how do you get a 7 minute rant s worth of material out of a trailer anyway? I guess the very root of geek culture is blowing shit that doesn't matter up to unreal proportions but it still seems odd.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Thats the beauty of the internet...

Everyone has an opinion...Everyones opinion in more valid than yours. Everyone has a voice without pesky censorship or having the need for editing.
                        Everyone can make their view available across the world as soon as they click 'submit'.
                        Everyone is eager to becone the next person with their 15 mins of youtube fame...
                        Everyone else has to be ambushed with this shit everytime they switch on the computer..

I preferred the old days when i had to write 'letter to the editor' to complain....and they had the right to not print it and throw it in the garbage where it belongs...

Watch the film if you want. ...or dont..up to you.
                        Simple as that.

Comment

For some reason I haven't even watched the trailer, despite loving the original (I even like number 2!), and have no intention to do so. I've seen 'em rape too many good franchises to smithereens in recent years. Will probably watch it when it's on Netflix or something. I must say though, I do find your discussion very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                            I've seen that video being bandied about though I haven't watched it as I've always been on my phone when it's popped up. This is what I'm talking about when I say isn't the criticism massively disproportionate to the trailer? Now I haven't seen this guy before so maybe he does 7 minutes videos titled " no review, I refuse " for every trailer he doesn't like but I assume he doesn't. It such a waste of time as to be barely believable. And how do you get a 7 minute rant s worth of material out of a trailer anyway? I guess the very root of geek culture is blowing shit that doesn't matter up to unreal proportions but it still seems odd.
                            James Rolf is known for doing comedic game reviews under the persona "The Angry Video Game Nerd" where he reviews shitty games. He's a very nice guy, he doesn't make drama videos or clickbait shit, he's one of the most liked internet personalities and really created the idea of a review of something being a comedy sketch.

The reason why he made the video is that he is a Ghostbusters fan and pretty extensively covered the terrible games. Plus he knows that his fans would be asking him constantly about his thoughts on the remake.

NSFW because of language.

Sorry for the link spam but you kinda' need to see all 3. At the very least, check out the first one. He's a favorite in the Ghostbusters fan community too and made a cameo appearance in at least one or two fan films. I'm a fan of the guy and I also had the NES Ghostbusters game as a kid and it was a horrible piece of shit. Easily one of the very worst games on the console.
                            Alex K.
                            Last edited by Alex K.; 05-20-2016, 12:27 AM.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I still have extremely vivid memories of the joy I felt as a child in the theatre, when the 'Busters used a NES Advantage to control the Statue of Liberty in part 2. Later in my childhood I myself got to control the Statue of Liberty with a NES Advantage joystick, in Ghostbuster 2 the video game. It must have been a monumental experience at the time, seeing as I still remember exactly how my friend's room looked like back then, as well as the season of the year and even what time of day it was. Still, it sucked ass. It was damn near uncontrollable, Advantage or not.

Comment

This movie looks like a biggest piece of shit ever. I hope it tanks at box office and stops this new PC/SJW/feminist trend that's been going on in Hollywood. Remaking movie just to appease idiots from Salon.com will get you nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X