Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creed - Rocky's Back... sort of.

Huh.

The last Rocky movie ended things really well, I thought.

I don't think we need this.

But here it is, in theaters this Nov.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

i could be wrong but i don't think this was Stallone's call. checked imdb and he doesn't even have a writing credit. he gets a "based on characters created by" credit.

cool that he is in it tho. i'll go see it. not a real Rocky movie, in my opinion, tho.

plus, like you said, Rocky Balboa was a good way to end it. pretty sure Stallone thought so too. maybe on the commentary track, or one of the Rocky Balboa special features, he mentioned the run up the stairs of the museum in Philadelphia was different cuz he knew it was going to be the last one. maybe i'll pop that in later to find it.

i do support a movie with Rocky in it and i am looking forward to it. not a real Rocky movie, tho. i don't even think Paulie or Duke are in it.

could be the start of something new and great.

don't think it will come close to topping Rocky

Comment

I stopped watching after Rocky 5, as that was insufferable after the perfection that is Rocky 4. I sure as hell don't need this 20 years to late cashgrab.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Swede..u should watch ROCKY BALBOA great movie and a great way to end the series...I too was a non believer after the horrendius part5..but the last one is good...has more of the Rocky spirit that was in parts 1 and 2..

Comment

Yup, last one is on par with the first.

Comment

With the first yes, but is it on par with Rocky 4? :p

I'll get around to watching it some day though, I am sure.

Comment

Rocky IV is definitely up there in terms of Cannon-like cold war insanity, but I would take Rocky Balboa over it for being "good".

Comment

I really miss the Cold war. The World was so much easier back then.

Comment

Hmmm Rocky 7 or Creed 1!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                    I really miss the Cold war. The World was so much easier back then.
                    Me too....the mileage that companies like the great CANNON got out of the cold war is amazing.the trouble these days is that there is no ONE bad guy / country to paint in a bad light and get those patriotic hearts beating..evil is just so random these days..spoils all the fun

Seems like there might be hope yet...
                    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33469369
                    sukebanboy
                    Last edited by sukebanboy; 07-09-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Creed

Just figured I'd throw this out there...

Saw Creed over the weekend and really enjoyed it but I am worried it may become overrated for people on the peripheral with this. Its a more than solid entry in the Rocky series and has an enjoyable newcomer in Michael B Jordan but it's not the most cinematic movie ever made. I dunno, what do you all think?

:)
                      Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Comment

This'll be a "wait for rental/Netflix" for me...not much interest in seeing it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, though. I like the first Rocky and the last one.

Comment

Saw the trailer and will never see another second of it. Only liked the first ROCKY when it was new and I was 15.
                          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't get the hype for this guy. The B must stand for bland. He lacks "it".
                            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

finally saw this one. liked it. glad my question "where'a Paulie" was answered.

not a Rocky movie but still some great parts in there.

i'd see another one if it happens

Comment

Working...
                              X