Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Anyone see this? Amazing documentary on this insane cult. Fascinating and scary. A must watch.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Was just going to start a thread on this, I saw it last night. As you said, amazing. 2 hours of essentially what is talking heads, and not boring for a moment. It's mind-blowing to see what a fuckin lunatic LR Hubbard was, and how many people have flocked to it. The tax-exemption and the resulting billions of dollars in acquisitions is not only indicative of how religions take advantage of the tax system, but how strength in numbers and influence can result in bad people getting away with bad things. Miscavige, Tom Cruise....they look like slimy car salesmen.

I'm not a big fan of religions in general, but Scientology and the wingnuts who follow it and harass those who they feel threaten them make my blood boil. They're despicable scumbags.

Comment

Not yet, but I love documentaries on this subject so I'll be seeing it sooner or later.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I'll still probably watch Mission Impossible 5 though.

Comment

I enjoyed James Spader going off on L. Ron Hubbard in a BOSTON LEGAL episode the other night, and this sounds like almost as much fun.

Comment

I'd like to check out the book because it goes into even more detail like the mysterious death of Hubbard's son:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Hubbard
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Saw this tonight, as it was aired on public service here. Took a while to get going, but once it got rolling, my god. 2 hours of documentary and I didn't want it to end. These people are so fucked up it scares me. And as said above: L. Ron, those old films of him.... what a fucking lunatic. And the scary part is the people who succeeded him are even worse!
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
              X