Severin Releasing The Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severin Releasing The Baby

They just tweeted a full size screen cap.

Check this out....

Looks like this transfer will smoke the old release.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That looks great. So do the screen caps of BLOODY BIRTHDAY.

Comment

They've got a pretty amazing roster of upcoming titles.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I love The Baby! Such an odd movie. I have the previous release but got a slim case one (ordered online, otherwise I might not have gotten it) and would be happy to upgrade. Any info on special features?
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Not that I've seen announced anywhere yet.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some more awesome looking screen caps posted here!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Arrow just announced this for UK release.

NEW UK TITLE: The Baby (Amazon channels)

Available now on Amazon Channels! Expect news of a Blu-ray soon…

WHAT GOES ON ON THIS NURSERY ISN'T FOR KIDS!
              Still traumatised by the loss of her husband, well-meaning social worker Ann Gentry (Anjaette Comer, The Loved One) throws herself into her latest assignment: the case of “Baby”, a 21-year-old man with the mind of an infant - who crawls, cries and has yet to make it out of nappies. But Baby's family - the tyrannical “Mama” Wadsworth (Ruth Roman, Strangers on a Train) and her two demented daughters - aren't the only ones with a warped conception of familial relations, and the full horror only begins when Ann sets her sights on liberating the drooling man-child… and in so doing unleashes the wrath of the Wadsworth women.

45 years after its original release, this film remains one of the most bizarre horror movies ever committed to celluloid. Directed by Ted Post (Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Magnum Force) and co-starring Marianna Hill (The Godfather Part II), The Baby is a twisted, psychedelic nightmare of suburban depravity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28168110_1853898841310768_4940573922678137222_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	353716
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I can't sit through this one. Adults pretending to be babies is just wrong! This film genuinely angers me.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I've seen the film once on Turner Classic Movies & thought it was pretty wild as I knew nothing about it but it's not a film I have much desire to see again. Granted, if I ran across a copy really, really cheap or free, or if it's on TCM again, I'd watch it..

Wasn't there an episode of CSI with a murder victim whom liked 'being' a baby? Seems like the 'mother' doses him with LSD & he jumps out of window in his diaper.

Comment

I'm thinking this will be released on disc in a new American Horror Project set.

Comment

That would be wonderful. Hopefully the Gerald Fried soundtrack will be released as well.

Comment

I love this film, manages to be so creepy and perverted without showing all that much compared to other exploitation films of the 70s.

Comment

If I got the Arrow release, I'd be triple-dipping, as I already have the ones from Geneon and Severin.

Like others, I love this movie. I saw it more than once in the 70's when it occasionally ran on Channel 27 out of Worcester, MA (the same station where I first watched NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and numerous Mexican horror flicks). I recall there being two different broadcasts, and if my memory is clear, the one I would see during the daytime was missing a couple of scenes included in the one they showed at night: the "nursing" and the cattle prod torture. Although there were various versions on tape, I think both prints so far on DVD are complete.
                          VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                            I can't sit through this one. Adults pretending to be babies is just wrong! This film genuinely angers me.
                            I take it this won't be at the top of your "must see" list of upcoming releases:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Attack-Adul...te%3A182247031

VHS will never die!

Comment

I don't really need to own The Baby but I could see ordering it. I don't remember too much about it other than the first time, I sort of had an idea of what to expect, but my jaw still hit the floor.

There is an episode of Angie Tribeca that has adult babies & it's pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X