Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official DEEP THROAT Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    As long as this blu ray is no worse than the arrow did I will be okay with it. I am slowly trying to get back some of the classics I lost. I am glad to hear it's region A as I may not debut region free blu ray player this time there are more region A blu rays than I can ever hope to buy.

    Comment


    • #62
      The Intimate Film release is the best release so far in my opinion. I've seen all of the releases except for the short-lived VCX DVD. Do bear in mind, the DVD is in PAL format.

      Comment


      • #63
        Does anyone have the website for the company that released the blu ray.of Deep Throat?

        Comment


        • #64
          I got mine today. I'm not going to beat a dead horse. As others have stated, the blu ray is actually 720p upscaled to 1080p from the negative, which results in jagged edges. It is what it is. The details and colors are still very good. I seriously doubt any other company will be releasing it on blu ray.
          Rakesh R.
          Senior Member
          Last edited by Rakesh R.; 11-15-2017, 06:02 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            The WMV that was included on this disc is available at Vintage Erotica Forums. It has a resolution 1280 x 720 and looks really nice.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DeepThroatHighDefRCover.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	353380

            Comment


            • #66
              Makes me wonder why they bothered upscaling it for the Blu Ray, other than them trying to pretend it is 1080. Whatever they did ballsed it up, I've seen plenty of upscales from SD that don't have such obvious problems with edges as this.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                Makes me wonder why they bothered upscaling it for the Blu Ray, other than them trying to pretend it is 1080. Whatever they did ballsed it up, I've seen plenty of upscales from SD that don't have such obvious problems with edges as this.
                I have to admit the second time I watched the blu ray, I was a bit distracted by the jaggies. I decided to run the PAL dvd through my powerdvd on my laptop and the video results were better and smoother for me. Lines looked solid.
                Rakesh R.
                Senior Member
                Last edited by Rakesh R.; 11-18-2017, 02:14 AM.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Why does every release have to be fucked up they could easily.have released a 720p blu ray that is a standard blu ray resolution and would have made for a much better relsase

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I watched my blu ray of deep throat for the first time last night and I don't know what everyone is talking about I thought it looked beautiful. They did a great job. Glad I bought it.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Fundi View Post
                      I watched my blu ray of deep throat for the first time last night and I don't know what everyone is talking about I thought it looked beautiful. They did a great job. Glad I bought it.
                      At least that's one other person who agrees with me

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I've not posted here in a while, but I like that in the interim, I "started" "The Official DEEP THROAT Thread". I guess I know what to talk about here.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Linda Lovelace Meets The Rock Stars
                          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            By way of the Rialto Report:

                            "A Melbourne cinema's operators have cancelled a screening of controversial 1970s film Deep Throat amid complaints from a women's rights group.

                            Gerard Damiano's pornographic film was scheduled for a rare public screening at The Astor in St Kilda on March 19."

                            http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...10-p4yzwp.html
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I wonder which version they were planning on screening? My understanding is the hardcore version would still be banned in Melbourne. Bold move by The Astor in the first place. It's the last remaining single screen 20s style picture theatre in the state and everything they do attracts attention so they couldn't have been expecting to fly under the radar.
                              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                                I wonder which version they were planning on screening? My understanding is the hardcore version would still be banned in Melbourne. Bold move by The Astor in the first place. It's the last remaining single screen 20s style picture theatre in the state and everything they do attracts attention so they couldn't have been expecting to fly under the radar.
                                A little off topic, I saw a double-bill of Suspiria and Zombie there last month.
                                https://carnalcinema.blog

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X