No announcement yet.

The Official DEEP THROAT Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the he'll did they screw this up so bad the blu ray looks worse than the dvd did that should be technically impossible to do.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I don't know what you guys are watching but to me the blu ray looks really good compared to the old dvd. I posted screencaps earlier in the thread. Oh well each to their own. I'm glad I own it.
        Lalala76
        Last edited by Lalala76; 11-10-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Those weren't screen caps from the Blu Ray. Even the shots in the booklet display the same effect.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            Those weren't screen caps from the Blu Ray. Even the shots in the booklet display the same effect.
            No but I saw no issues when watching the Blu-ray in motion and hence I personally wasn't distracted (That zoomed comparison you posted makes it look like the Blu-ray is unwatchable and it's not). You have to bear in mind that this is an adult film and years ago these all looked like dogshit. I'm just grateful for these films looking so good, and I stand by that with this too. Sometimes one can look too hard at the negatives without truly appreciating the positives.
            Lalala76
            Last edited by Lalala76; 11-10-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

My copy arrived today. No the film is not unwatchable. The colors are vibrant. The issue with the film is that it looks like they upscaled the 720p master that Arrow made in 2005 to 1080p for this release causing edge lines to be jagged.

Comment

Ok I accept that you guys say the lines are jagged (something that I will have to rewatch and examine more closely), which would indicate an upscale. My point is that I didn't notice this on viewing, and this still a much more aesthetically pleasing presentation to my eyes. In the absence of this appearing anywhere else then I am really pleased to own this. By the way, This is supposed to be a new restoration.
                Lalala76
                Last edited by Lalala76; 11-10-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, this is the best release of Deep Throat that I am aware of. The VCA DVD was incomplete. The Arrow DVD was taken from a film print. The High Def DVD was taken from the negative but is in non-anamorphic widescreen. Intimate's appears to be from the negative as well, I just suspect it is the same digital master as the High Def DVD.

Comment

You've just said something crucial there. I wasn't aware of a High def dvd. I thought maybe the high def dvd was the one that was cancelled from Wildside and hence never made it to retail. So, in this instance it probably is an upscale. All my comments were in relation to the older standard def dvd in which this Blu-ray is most definitely an upgrade. But I am glad you acknowledged that this is the best its ever looked. Like I said focus on the positives. I say its worth it (maybe overpriced but then again its the only uncut Blu-ray available)

Unless of course you are referring to Intimates High def dvd that comes with the blu. Even so, that's also an upgrade
                    Lalala76
                    Last edited by Lalala76; 11-10-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Nope I am referring to the DVD released under the company name High Def DVD.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DeepThroatHighDefRCover.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	353342

Comment

I never knew that dvd existed.

Anyway between you, you have put doubts in my head, I decided to revisit the Blu-ray and even though on occasion I can see what you are referring to I still think that you are being overly harsh. I've never seen this film looking so good. I think that's my last word on it (potentially)

Comment

That is okay. I'm an adult movie critic. I'm supposed to be picky over the video quality. :)

Comment

I will post my thoughts on this blu ray when I get it and view it. I have a 32 inch tv so I do not know how much of an issue jagged edges will be. I am glad to have it in the original aspect ratio and I hope it does look good

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                              Nope I am referring to the DVD released under the company name High Def DVD.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19246[/ATTACH]
                              That's the disc I have as well.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Fundi View Post
                                The original music was used for the vac did the music was changed on the arrow dvd for the very first song that plays over the credits. Then when Linda walks in on dolly Sharp getting head the original song is bubbles but it was changed on the arrow dvd Nd another song was changed somewhere but I can't remember where without watching the movie.
                                Didn't know. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                                X