Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russ Meyer and Albert Zugsmith's FANNY HILL Coming To Blu-ray From Vinegar Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russ Meyer and Albert Zugsmith's FANNY HILL Coming To Blu-ray From Vinegar Syndrome

Just announced...

Click image for larger version

Name:	51zyhCcCtlL._SL500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	363640

"December releases will include Russ Meyer and Albert Zugsmith's FANNY HILL on blu-ray, restored from the negative."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058088/

I know it was mentioned in the general VS thread but this is too big not to split off on its own.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

And, Zugsmith's SEX KITTENS GO TO COLLEGE is coming in the nudie version from Warner Archives on September 17, 2013. Looks like it will be a good season for Zugsmith. Can MOVIE STAR, AMERICAN STYLE and INCREDIBLE SEX REVOLUTION be far behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobla View Post
      Can MOVIE STAR, AMERICAN STYLE and INCREDIBLE SEX REVOLUTION be far behind?
      We'll be doing them in time.

Comment

Awesome news. All of this. Awesome.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Tom Jones was kidnapped and forced into prostitution? Huh.

Seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing this. I have read the book many times, and never seen a single film adaptation.

Comment

Oh how I wish that all things Russ Meyer would fall into the hands of Vinegar Syndrome.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	VS-024_web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	344434

Acclaimed producer Albert Zugsmith (TOUCH OF EVIL, THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN) crafted some of the strangest and most unlikely exploitation films of the 60s. Vinegar Syndrome presents the blu-ray debut of two of his rarest works:

Cult filmmaker Russ Meyer takes on directorial duties in Zugsmith's adaptation of the notorious erotic classic Fanny Hill. Set in pre-Victorian London, young Fanny finds herself taken in by a madame at one of the city's most elite brothels. A strange mix of Zugsmith's surreal slapstick and Meyer's trademark buxom beauties and thoughtful satire, FANNY HILL is an over-the-top saga of low-rent thrills in high-brow settings.

Zugsmith's mind-numbing blend of surrealism and slapstick comedy done as a self-aware parody of westerns stars Troy Donohue as Phil P. Phillips, fresh out of divinity school and living in the frontier town of Yucca Flats. When a gang of seven criminals take the town hostage, it's up to Phil to save the village, or die trying, again and again…

Both films have been restored from their original negatives and are being offered on DVD and Blu-ray fully uncut for the first time!

FANNY HILL: Directed by Russ Meyer
              1964 | B&W | 105min | AR 1.85:1

THE PHANTOM GUNSLINGER: Directed by Albert Zugsmith
              1967 | Color | 100min | AR 1.85:1

Bonus Features:
              + 3 Disc Combo (1 Blu-ray (BD-50) & 2 DVDs) | Region Free | 1.85:1 AR | DTS-HD Master Audio
              + Restored in 2K from 35mm original camera negative
              + “The Zugsmith Connection” featurette with FANNY HILL star Ulli Lomell
              + Interview with film historian Eric Schaefer + Reversible cover art for THE PHANTOM GUNSLINGER
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I normally only watch hardcore sex flicks, but I reckon I'll pick this up.

Comment

Working...
                X