Russ Meyer's Vintage Bodies Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russ Meyer's Vintage Bodies Set

Looks like RM Films quietly snuck out a new DVD release....

Click image for larger version

Name:	VintageBodies_2-500x500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	363222

I don't want to support RM Films because they're scum BUT.....

" Featuring two full length films and two Short Films on a Two Disc Set:

Erotica (1961) . . . . 65 Minutes

Heavenly Bodies (1963) . . . . 72 Minutes

This is My Body (1960) . . . . 12 Minutes

Skyscrapers & Brassieres (1961) . . . . Short Featurette

These films are the last group of the previously unreleased Russ Meyer film catalog. Russ Meyer did not think these films would ever be available for the home video market. The Russ Meyer Trust recognized that these films are important in the historical narrative of the Russ Meyer legacy, and so the Trust had them digitally restored. Now the Russ Meyer fans can see exactly how Russ began his career. The legendary Diane Webber is featured in the Short Film This is My Body and it has not been seen by the public in over 50 years."

....I think I might need this.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's like trying not to look at a woman breast feeding, but hoping you get a peek at those titties. You might not feel good about it, but you just can't help yourself.

Comment

That's an odd comparison, but I see what you mean. I'll probably buy this and then feel douchy about it.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

If you want that real fresh-douched feeling, you could ask 'em for a review copy...

Comment

Don't know anything about RM films. What's their deal?

Comment

They took advantage of the fact that Russ Meyer was at the final stage of his alzheimer's disease to stole his company by manipulating him...

Wonder if Julio will threaten me again with an internet lawyer

For that reason I will never patronize them whatever materials they could release.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
              They took advantage of the fact that Russ Meyer was at the final stage of his alzheimer's disease to stole his company by manipulating him...
              Good to know. Screw them, then...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post

Wonder if Julio will threaten me again with an internet lawyer

For that reason I will never patronize them whatever materials they could release.
                See, I always learn something important here. Thanks Jimmy.

Comment

It would be very difficult for me to put money into the coffers of the current RM Films regime.

Comment

If you haven't read Big Busoms And Square Jaws you should, it sheds a whole lot of light on what happened. It's also a fascinating read.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fuck these motherfucking pieces of shit. How long have they been sitting on these? Digitally restored? Like that fucking abomination, EUROPE IN THE RAW?

The Trust...I wouldn't trust these ignorant fucks to bag my groceries.
                      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

What Toyboy and Jimmy said. Screw those guys and what they've done to RM's legacy and the people who worked for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          That's an odd comparison, but I see what you mean. I'll probably buy this and then feel douchy about it.
                          Seemed to make sense last night.

Comment

I implore anyone reading this thread to consider holding off on purchasing this new DVD. Believe me - I've wanted to see these films for years, but any money put into this so-called Trust is going to keep better releases from appearing in the future. The people behind RM films are only in this to keep the cash cow they "inherited" up and running until they've milked it dry, at which point these films will be too far gone to properly restore. The sooner they're forced to shut down and liquidate the sooner it will be that the remaining film elements end up in the right hands; hands that will treat them with the care and respect they deserve.

Please think about it.
                            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                              I implore anyone reading this thread to consider holding off on purchasing this new DVD. Believe me - I've wanted to see these films for years, but any money put into this so-called Trust is going to keep better releases from appearing in the future. The people behind RM films are only in this to keep the cash cow they "inherited" up and running until they've milked it dry, at which point these films will be too far gone to properly restore. The sooner they're forced to shut down and liquidate the sooner it will be that the remaining film elements end up in the right hands; hands that will treat them with the care and respect they deserve.

Please think about it.
                              Although I recognize that there are two sides to every story, i've seen the shit that fucking gardener brought to AVM, seen what he's done to people like Erica Gavin, and I did read Big Bosoms and Square Jaws. They won't get a penny of my money, ever. Sucks, because I love so many of his films, but now that I'm more educated on their whole deal, I know that they'll chuck it as soon as it stops being a means to get them out of the manual labour that they'eve earned. Scumbags.

Comment

Working...
                              X