Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From FB:

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Our "Shocktober" celebration continues with another film to reveal, and this is a rare one: The 1988 prison/slasher film DESTROYER will make its debut on the Blu-ray format in Summer 2015 and will be paired in a double feature with the previously-announced SCARECROWS—another quasi-slasher flick from 1988.

Similar to The Horror Show and Shocker in its execution (pun not intended) DESTROYER sports a pretty wild cast starring former NFL player Lyle Alzado, Deborah Foreman (April Fool's Day, Waxwork), Clayton Rohner (also from April Fool's Day, The Relic) and even “Norman Bates” himself, Anthony Perkins!

No other details to report at this time. We still have a few more surprise reveals between now and Halloween so keep checking back here on the page to be the first to see them.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looking forward to the double feature.
      But what's the deal with the cover art with the added electricity and skullface?
      Never saw that before the Scream Factory announcement, then I read back a few posts and there it is.
      Did they think it looked better than Alzado's out of place cut and paste job head from the original?
      Unless I am forgetting him donning the skull mask, I think it totally misrepresents the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis Sheldon View Post
        Unless I am forgetting him donning the skull mask, I think it totally misrepresents the film.
        Not the first time people have been stung for false and misleading cover art!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          From FB:

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Our "Shocktober" celebration continues with another film to reveal, and this is a rare one: The 1988 prison/slasher film DESTROYER will make its debut on the Blu-ray format in Summer 2015 and will be paired in a double feature with the previously-announced SCARECROWS—another quasi-slasher flick from 1988.

Similar to The Horror Show and Shocker in its execution (pun not intended) DESTROYER sports a pretty wild cast starring former NFL player Lyle Alzado, Deborah Foreman (April Fool's Day, Waxwork), Clayton Rohner (also from April Fool's Day, The Relic) and even “Norman Bates” himself, Anthony Perkins!

No other details to report at this time. We still have a few more surprise reveals between now and Halloween so keep checking back here on the page to be the first to see them.
          People are all up in arms about this being paired up with SCARECROWS. Makes perfect sense to me; alone, this title would not sell as many copies. With SCARECROWS, they're more likely to make more money back to recoup any potential losses associated with THE DESTROYER.

Frankly, I'm just happy to see a dvd release for THE DESTROYER. It's just ok, but worth owning nonetheless. I said this on Facebook as well. Seems I'm one of the only ones finding a silver lining in this cloud!

Comment

Now here's a title I never thought would come out on Blu-Ray.

There was a copy of this on VHS at my local video store under the title Shadow of Death with an awesome blood-dripping cover (that I've been unable to find a scan of on the internet) and a big red R18 sticker. Never got the chance to rent it but I finally tracked down a VHS-rip earlier this year. It's no great shakes but you get Deborah Foreman being cute, Alzado going nutzoid, and Anthony Perkins not giving a single fuck. The one major crime it commits is murdering most of the characters off-screen all at once, could they seriously not budget for a couple more gore scenes?

Comment

This one?

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                This one?

Sadly no, it had the bottom left image from the back cover on the front surrounded with dripping blood. Same image of the doll head on the back though, there's no better way to sell a movie to a 15 year-old than a picture of a decapitated doll head in a jar of blood.

Comment

I never knew Condoleeza Rice was in any exploitation movies.

Comment

Hysteria Lives put up a piece about this one today.

http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hyst...destroyer.html
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1234828_10207177006616848_7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	349600
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's an odd pairing.

Comment