Lyle Alzado Is... The Destroyer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyle Alzado Is... The Destroyer!

OK, so I saw the trailer for this on Colour Correct My Cock the other day and now I'm sort of obsessing over it. I know it got a VHS release, cause you can still find the tape on eBay easily enough. It looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9bZ3BQ8ZUdOZkw~~60_57.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	363168

I'd rather have a DVD than a tape though. Amazon has a very vague listing for one but does it actually exist? I can't find any evidence that it does.

Dig this trailer!

Looks great, right? Anthony Perkins is in this too, for some reason. It's also up on youtube in parts but that's not as fun. And there are bootleg DVD-Rs around too, but blah.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Was that Randy, the hippie from MTV in there?
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

I don't know Randy the hippy.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just the inclusion of the DESTROYER trailer is enough to warrant a purchase of CCMC. I love that trailer.

I watched DESTROYER (a DVD-R of the VHS) a couple years ago and it was a huge disappointment. It ticks the boxes of what you hope to see in a worthwhile slasher flick: interesting setup, imposing killer, decent kills, gratuitous nudity. But the pacing is terrible and dialogue is cringe worthy. Worst of all, while Alzado looks the part his lack of acting chops hold the character back.

I regularly watch and enjoy no-budget slasher flicks. My standards are very low. Unfortunately DESTROYER didn't work for me. That said, if it ever gets a nice widescreen release I'll give it another chance. Because damn that's a cool trailer.

Comment

Funny, I just picked this up on eBay a while ago. It was just ok, despite the wicked over art. I would spring for a DVD release, though, as it warrants enough interest for a DVD purchase. I wonder if this would be a MOD disc? Who has the rights for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            OK, so I saw the trailer for this on Colour Correct My Cock the other day and now I'm sort of obsessing over it. I know it got a VHS release, cause you can still find the tape on eBay easily enough. It looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5625[/ATTACH]

I'd rather have a DVD than a tape though. Amazon has a very vague listing for one but does it actually exist? I can't find any evidence that it does.

Dig this trailer!

Looks great, right? Anthony Perkins is in this too, for some reason. It's also up on youtube in parts but that's not as fun. And there are bootleg DVD-Rs around too, but blah.
            PM me if you want this, Ian. I'd also be willing to part with the VHS!

Btw: does CCMC ship from Canada? They sound like a Canuck outfit, and I'm pretty sure one of the guys that's behind it used to post over at the Canuxploitation forum, back when they still had one.

Comment

I don't know Randy the hippy.
              I got the name wrong - it's Randee of the Redwoods. He was a hippie. In THE DESTROYER he's Rewire.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                I got the name wrong - it's Randee of the Redwoods. He was a hippie. In THE DESTROYER he's Rewire.
                Holy crap, I haven't thought of Randee in forever.

Comment

Oh. I get it now.

Zane, yeah, Vagrant Films are based out of London, Ontario. So I'd imagine if you contacted them they'd ship out of Canada. I got my copy off of Diabolik though.

The trailer rules. I love Lyle Alzado. Even when he has a skullface!

Name:	destroyer.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	342480
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh. I get it now.

Zane, yeah, Vagrant Films are based out of London, Ontario. So I'd imagine if you contacted them they'd ship out of Canada. I got my copy off of Diabolik though.

The trailer rules. I love Lyle Alzado. Even when he has a skullface!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5635[/ATTACH]
                    Cool, Ian, thanks!

That art is cool! It's too bad the movie doesn't live up to the cool art!

Comment

Hey Zane:

You're out west correct?? I believe Vagrant still runs movie fests out in Alberta, Calgary if I'm not mistaken & have heard they also want to bring Shock Stock out to your neck of the woods. If your convention circuit is anything like ours here Shock Stock is a breath of very fresh air, I don't get to the States too often so I can't compare them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kewley View Post
                        Hey Zane:

You're out west correct?? I believe Vagrant still runs movie fests out in Alberta, Calgary if I'm not mistaken & have heard they also want to bring Shock Stock out to your neck of the woods. If your convention circuit is anything like ours here Shock Stock is a breath of very fresh air, I don't get to the States too often so I can't compare them.
                        Hey Chris! Yeah, that would be cool if they came to this neck of the woods! The convention circuit out here is pretty weak. I'd love to one day go to one with some cool guests. I've passed no attending some of the ones that have rolled through because the guest list and convention in general didn't interest me. Hopefully they'll get with the program more.

Comment

My dad got to see Lyle Alzado fight Muhammad Ali at Mile High Stadium. He brought me home a Muhammad Ali candy bar.

Here's the thing about Alzado though...

...He lied.

Comment

Was it a Muhammad Ali Crisp Crunch made with all natural ingredients?

Name:	crisp-crunch.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	342500
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yep. Nowhere near as good as a Reggie bar though.

Name:	c_reggie.jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	342502

Comment

Working...
                              X