Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Force Releasing Joe Sarno's Moonlighting Wives

From their FB page....

"LOST MOVIE ANNOUNCEMENT: Dark Force has uncovered the long lost Joe Sarno 1966 exploitation flick MOONLIGHTING WIVES. We have secured the original uncut 35mm camera negative on this rare drive-in gem. Stay tuned for more information."

Funny that they're marketing it as lost when I've had a copy on DVD forever. Finding the negative is definitely a score though.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Despite being a big Sarno fan this one has eluded me on disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
      Despite being a big Sarno fan this one has eluded me on disc.
      It was never "lost". Surprised you couldn't find it since Alternative Cinema/After Hours put it out 6 years ago and it seems to be still available.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post

It was never "lost". Surprised you couldn't find it since Alternative Cinema/After Hours put it out 6 years ago and it seems to be still available.
        More of an issue of 'oh yeah, I need to check that out' and never getting to it. After Hours releases are also pretty hit and miss quality wise so rarely at the top of my list.

Comment

"BREAKING NEWS!! The #39 SINGLE'S EDITION DARK FORCE HD RELEASE HEADS INTO REPLICATION!!

It's the long lost 1966 drama from legendary cult director Joseph W. Sarno MOONLIGHTING WIVES. Brand new 2k scan from the original 35mm negative with 5 MINUTES OF NEVER-SEEN-BEFORE NUDE SCENES!! Plus this disc is packed with EXCITING EXTRAS TBA!! Sarno really delivers on this one too with great production value and a fun story about a frustrated housewife that starts a very lucrative prostitution ring. Stay tuned for more information on when you will be able to order this Limited Edition release only at the Dark Force Store!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	321244663_678478703613150_8954602567095986885_n.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	406544
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Back in the 1960s, a friend's parents took us kids to see CAT BALLOU at a local drive-in theater. Although CAT BALLOU was a "family" type of film, the theater showed a trailer preview of MOONLIGHTING WIVES. The parents were really pissed. I don't think the trailer was explicit at all, I think it showed curtains being raised or lowered, accompanied by typical "This film is so shocking that we can't show you any scenes from it" hyperbole.

I recall Something Weird Video releasing it on VHS in the 1990s, and it really wasn't that shocking. However, they didn't have the original camera negative, and I don't recall any actual nudity in their print. I will probably buy the Dark Force release, to see the nudity if nothing else.

Comment

Film Movement has a trailer for it on YouTube but it looks like a newly made one rather than an original one.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, that is not the trailer preview that scandalized my friend's parents back in the 60s.

Comment

This is available now.

https://darkforcesuperstore.com/moon...dark-force-39/

Here are the extras:

-Brand New 2K Transfer from the Original 35mm Camera Negative with 5 Minutes of Lost Nude Scenes
                  -Historian Audio Commentary by Joseph Sarno biographer Michael Bowen
                  -On Camera Interview Michael Bowen discusses Joe Sarno's life
                  -Deleted Nude Scene
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X