Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of 'The Reincarnation of Isabel' (1973) - Renato Polselli.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of 'The Reincarnation of Isabel' (1973) - Renato Polselli.

The wonderfully untamed, wickedly-wild, outrageously far-out filmmaking oeuvre of roguish exploitation impresario Renato 'Delirium' Polselli is perhaps best illustrated in his hysterically-hallucinogenic, rampantly-risqué, disreputably demonic, frequently incomprehensible, 'Black Magic Rites' (1973) aka 'The Reincarnation of Isabel', which is the most fiendishly-fabulous, deliriously-disturbing, orgiastically occult oddity, any disreputable, sensation seeking, horror hell-cat could ever hope to see! And, while, perhaps, 'Black Magic Rites' remains the least regarded of Italy's multitudinous, artfully reproduced sleaze-fests all too rapidly fashioned in the crudely satanic, luridly cheap-jack likeness of William Friedkin's immortally popular, box office bonanza, 'The Exorcist', it is arguably the most delectably notorious!

Flesh-flaying, bourgeoisie-baiting Director Renato Polselli's riotous, sinfully-sleazy, blithely blasphemous, gloriously unrepentant, exquisitely surreal assault on the salivating senses isn't merely a bravura, 'bish-bash-boshed-together' B-Movie classic, but a veritable 'B-very bad for your eternal soul movie!', and I frequently enjoy every deliciously depraved, dirty-minded, blood-soaked second of muck-maestro Renato Polselli's ferociously furtive, noggin-twisting, persistently pervy, teat-tormenting, continuity-defying terror film! Is it art? Ah!!! That is altogether down to the individuals trash-loving, B-Movie beholding eye, mayte! Does it make sense? Happily, it does not, but it is imperfectly prurient, disgracefully mad, blissfully bad, frequently absurd nonsense, and therefore all the better for you, and your loved one's erotic edification! Do take care, for when you overindulge in these macabre 'Black Magic Rites', you'll never think of cinema in quite the same way again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1. 'Black Magic Rites'.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	952.9 KB
ID:	393285

Name:	Black2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	393286

Name:	blackmagic4big.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	393288

Name:	black-magic-rites-3.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	393289

Name:	black-magic-rites-1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	393290

Name:	Black-Magic-Rites-Stefania-Fassio-2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	393291

Name:	Black-Magic-Rites-Stefania-Fassio-11.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	393292

Name:	c49a1cf8410f0791f8b935179b254a73ec3e528be581e7be1345dff75828b4cb._RI_V_TTW_.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	760.2 KB
ID:	393293

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	393294

Name:	black-magic-rites-4.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	393295

Name:	tumblr_inline_nx1tueVX4F1qfdc84_400.jpg
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	393296

Name:	Black-Magic-Rites-Stefania-Fassio-5.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	393297
    Attached Files

This is available to watch free on the Kinocult site.

Comment

I am truly ensorcelled by this film.

Comment

My favorite Polselli film. Rita Calderoni was a stunner. Love the Fu Manchu t-shirt too!
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
        X