Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R L Frost/Bob Cresse Boxset (Severin)

From Blu-ray forum:

Lisa from SWV (always a gem) revealed that Severin own and are working on most of the Lee Frost/Bob Cresse films for a set, however are still looking for better materials than those in the SW vault which she admitted were quite rough.

The amount of major sets Severin must be working on at any time is staggering.

Al Adamson and Andy Milligan were in the works for years, and Black Emanuelle is still in the works. As well, we’ve gotten the Folk Horror set, and we now know that they are working on more Frost/Cresse films for either a set or individual releases

I believe that Severin is also working on a Ray Dennis Steckler box set at present.

Comment

Frost is one of my favourite exploitation directors so this is great news.

Comment

Randy, what would you say are some key titles?

Comment

The Defilers is essential and looks great in B&W, Love Camp 7 (more for historical importance although also amusingly sleazy) and the xxx Climax of Blue Power.

I'm a fan of The Animal and The Pick-up but it has been a long time since I've rewatched them. I recall Slaves in Cages being memorably sleazy and Black Gestapo is a fascinatingly tasteless, zero budget anti-Panthers film that is lacking a decent release.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobla View Post
            I believe that Severin is also working on a Ray Dennis Steckler box set at present.
            I thoought it was the same company who released BOTH those Steckler DVD Boxsets.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

I thoought it was the same company who released BOTH those Steckler DVD Boxsets.
              If you're referring to Media Blasters, there was a photo last year that showed a crate that was being mailed from MB to Severin. The crate appeared to have Ray Dennis Steckler prints and perhaps camera negatives as well. Severn has dropped hints that might suggest Steckler, but hasn't formally announced this release yet.

Comment

Steckler is one of those direcrors, Milligan comes to mind as well, where their sexploitation films are far better imo than their horror films so hopefully if there is a set it has a healthy selection of his xxx work.

Comment

Great news. Hopefully these will be followed by Ron Ormond and Armando Bo/Isabel Sarli boxsets.

Comment

I don't think that Media Blasters released Steckler's XXX films, so they're probably not included in the large crate. The Severin podcast mentioned that the director's box set would consist of something like 15 titles, which sounds to me like Steckler's earlier output. He did many more XXX films than horror or exploitation.

Comment

Working...
                    X