No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much happier with the 1.85 framing and overall PP3 fayres much better on Bluray

Comment

• I agree with you lalala76, the whole Pretty Peaches trilogy looked great on Blu Ray. I'm anxious for some more Alex De Renzy blu ray releases. I know he made some features in the early 90's, Slave To Love, and Two Women, that are considered classics I read, I have never seen them, but I would love to see them released on blu ray if possible, I think they were shot on film, but I can not say for certain, but I have read they are great films. Maybe someone here has seen them and can comment? As they are more recent De Renzy films, maybe better elements exist for them for a transfer to blu ray?

Comment

• Two Women is an excellent movie, well deserved of classic status even though shot in 1992. I think it was shot on video, but there is a good copy out there. Have not seen Slave to Love.

Comment

• When it comes to De Renzy I would think something like Babyface would be a priority over the few 90s features he did, plus the rights to those may be owned by some other company who doesn't want to give them up either.

Comment

• De Renzy"s last feature was VIRGIN DREAMS with TWO WOMEN and SLAVE TO LOVE a few years earlier. They were all shot on video. VIRGIN DREAMS was released by Evil Angel but De Renzy would own it since Evil Angel only bought first U.S. rights. TWO WOMEN and SLAVE TO LOVE may be owned by Rosebud but may not be. De Renzy was a partner at Rosebud but left to do his own label at Evil Angel, then went back to Rosebud just before he passed away, so I'm not sure who would own them. Of course De Renzy did all the "Rex Brosky" videos and there's something like 130 of those he did from 1993 to his death.
            Thomas Wood
            Last edited by Thomas Wood; 02-28-2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Any future plans to release THE LOVE-THRILL MURDERS on disc? Does Troma still own the rights?
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Apart from the Pretty Peaches II/III and Erotic Adventures Of Candy/Candy Goes To Hollywood discs, what are the Top 10 or so Peekarama double features in order? I'm assuming they are all pretty great, but are there certain ones that stand out as being really exceptional?

Comment

• I liked the Cassanova 1 and 2 one with John Holmes

Comment

• Baby Rosemary is a unique film and is paired with a cute comedy.

Comment

• Besides the ones mentioned, I'm most proud of the CRY FOR CINDY/TOUCH NE/ACT OF CONFESSION triple,

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions. Baby Rosemary/Hot Lunch looks really interesting. I take it the Hyapatia Lee double feature (The Young Like It Hot/Sweet Young Foxes) is a high point? And so much Tobalina - is there a suggested place to start other than Casanova?

Comment

• As far as Tobalina goes I reckon the best place to start is one of the standalone releases - either Jungle Blue or Marilyn and the Senator. They're probably the most entertaining and they give you a good idea of his style.

I second the recommendation for Baby Rosemary as well. It's striking, to say the least.

Comment

• I think the Alex De Renzy double feature with Little Sisters is another bizarre gem. Like a Clay S. Wilson comic come to life.

Comment

• just save yourself some time and buy all the vinegar syndrome adult releases that's what I did :)

Comment

• I was wondering if VS has a film of A Dirty Western and might be able to release that on DVD? The old DVD I have of it the video quality is horrendous. It would definitely deserve a updated DVD. It's a great film, being one of only 3 films I think with Barbara Bourbon. I was just thinking how many classics are never going to get a good release because there is basically only Vinegar Syndrome working on restoring these classics for DVD and Blu ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X