No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The video interview with De Renzy is great - definitely make sure you find the time to watch it, Rakesh.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      The video interview with De Renzy is great - definitely make sure you find the time to watch it, Rakesh.
      Thanks Ian. I actually just finished watching the interview a few minutes ago and it was excellent. The trailers were also entertaining.

Comment

• Chomping at the bit here waiting for my order to arrive. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow but I can hardly wait. Feels like Christmas :)

Anthony

Comment

• Looking forward to receiving it, although mine has only just been shipped. Patience is a virtue apparently.

Comment

• Pretty Peaches managed to get a review on Blu-Ray.com, though clearly they don't have anyone on staff even vaguely qualified to handle something so explicit. The review boils down to "it's well shot and directed but there's rape and enemas and I don't know 3 stars I guess". And judging by the concluding paragraph he's certainly never heard of Waterpower before.

Can't wait to get my hands on the damn disc though, the caps look fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
              Pretty Peaches managed to get a review on Blu-Ray.com, though clearly they don't have anyone on staff even vaguely qualified to handle something so explicit. The review boils down to "it's well shot and directed but there's rape and enemas and I don't know 3 stars I guess". And judging by the concluding paragraph he's certainly never heard of Waterpower before.

Can't wait to get my hands on the damn disc though, the caps look fantastic.
              I don't agree with the reviewer's take on the movie, but at least he gives the video/audio solid marks. Here's the link to the review with screenshots-

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pretty...114040/#Review

Comment

• ^ A majestic shot of PT!

Comment

• The trailer in HD on the Blu-ray makes me really want Pretty Peaches II (and the third film, for that matter) on Blu-ray. Any chance of the upgrade as a Limited Edition run?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean G. View Post
                    The trailer in HD on the Blu-ray makes me really want Pretty Peaches II (and the third film, for that matter) on Blu-ray. Any chance of the upgrade as a Limited Edition run?
                    Sean, I had asked earlier in the Vinegar Syndrome thread about "Pretty Peaches 2/Pretty Peaches 3" possibly making it to blu ray and it won't happen because they simply don't have the financial resources to put out many of their adult titles on blu ray. We will see a few more adult titles on blu ray from VS in the future, but they will be very selective as to which ones make it to blu ray. "Pretty Peaches" and "Sex World" are a great start though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post
                      Sean, I had asked earlier in the Vinegar Syndrome thread about "Pretty Peaches 2/Pretty Peaches 3" possibly making it to blu ray and it won't happen because they simply don't have the financial resources to put out many of their adult titles on blu ray.
                      I hate that Pretty Peaches 2 and Pretty Peaches 3 won't be making it to Blu-ray but I'm sure the DVD release looks fantastic like the rest of the VS releases. I was holding out on purchasing until I knew for sure if there would be an upgrade to Blu-ray so I guess I'll order the DVD soon :)

I watched Pretty Peaches Friday afternoon and it was well worth the wait. Awesome movie. Very funny. Beautiful restoration! Fantastic interviews. Loved the trailers too.

Is there going to be a Femmes de Sade release from VS? Even though I have the amazing Alpha France DVD I'm sure I would pick up the VS release too! Love that movie!

Anthony
                      Anthony A
                      Last edited by Anthony A; 11-17-2014, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony A View Post
                        I hate that Pretty Peaches 2 and Pretty Peaches 3 won't be making it to Blu-ray but I'm sure the DVD release looks fantastic like the rest of the VS releases. I was holding out on purchasing until I knew for sure if there would be an upgrade to Blu-ray so I guess I'll order the DVD soon :)

I watched Pretty Peaches Friday afternoon and it was well worth the wait. Awesome movie. Very funny. Beautiful restoration! Fantastic interviews. Loved the trailers too.

Is there going to be a Femmes de Sade release from VS? Even though I have the amazing Alpha France DVD I'm sure I would pick up the VS release too! Love that movie!

Anthony
                        Actually, "Pretty Peaches 2/Pretty Peaches 3" on dvd looks pretty nice if you upscale it to HD. Regarding "Femmes de Sade"( as well as "Babyface"), they are still looking in the vaults for quality source material. I don't mind waiting because I want the best looking editions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post
                          Actually, "Pretty Peaches 2/Pretty Peaches 3" on dvd looks pretty nice if you upscale it to HD. Regarding "Femmes de Sade"( as well as "Babyface"), they are still looking in the vaults for quality source material. I don't mind waiting because I want the best looking editions.
                          You talked me in to it... I just ordered parts 2&3. I'm sure I won't be disappointed :)

Anthony
                          Anthony A
                          Last edited by Anthony A; 11-18-2014, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• One Happy chappy. Pretty peaches BD arrived this morning. :)

You talked me in to it... I just ordered parts 2&3. I'm sure I won't be disappointed
                            I think Ian has done a review of these in RSP. I loved pretty peaches 2, but found the third disappointing. The transfer on 2 is really good. 3 is less so (but even less so is still pretty damn good). Btw I highly recommend the Candy double. IMO Both films are really funny and entertaining and both transfers look excellent even on dvd. I still say that the Candy double is my favourite VS adult release so far, alongside Hot n saucy Pizza girls, having not watched the PP blu-ray yet.
                            Lalala76
                            Last edited by Lalala76; 11-18-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Just finished watching the Bd of Pretty Peaches. That sureley has to be the best transfer so far onto blu-ray of any US adult feature from the golden age, and that's saying something considering Barbara broadcast and Misty Beethoven were and still are beyond excellent. Its almost flawless....More like this please :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                                Btw I highly recommend the Candy double. IMO Both films are really funny and entertaining and both transfers look excellent even on dvd. I still say that the Candy double is my favourite VS adult release so far, alongside Hot n saucy Pizza girls, having not watched the PP blu-ray yet.
                                Thanks for the tip! I don't have the Candy double feature but it sounds great and I'll pick it up soon!

I have Hot & Saucy Pizza Girls but I haven't watched it yet. I've spot checked the disc though and it looks fantastic!

Anthony

Comment

Working...
                                X