The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    Wow, MURDER ON THE EMERALD SEAS seems to only be available in the pre-pack. That really, REALLY sucks, as it is the only one of the bunch I am interested in. And I am very interested. But I'll be damned if I'll pay $52 for it. I hope this turns up through Diabolik or something, or VS reconsiders this tactic.
    I feel the same way. I really want MURDER ON THE EMERALD SEAS but not for $52.

Comment

• I can't wait to get Pretty Peaches on Blu, and really looking forward to more blu ray stuff from Vinegar Syndrome. I would love to see some Dark Brothers movies released by you too, Gregory Dark's films are some of the best stuff of the 80's. New Wave Hookers is one of my all time favorites, and I'd love to see some of his films that have been edited for no reason restored. I realize some of his films were edited because of Traci Lords and those can never be restored, but the others that were edited by VCA for no apparent reason for DVD release I would love to see restored if possible.
      Last edited by Fundi; 10-14-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• I would like to see something like Pandora's Mirror on blu. I'm loving Vinegar Syndrome at the moment. I've been very impressed with the titles I have purchased so far, and a very much looking forward to Pretty peaches on blu and other potential xxx titles next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fundi View Post
          I can't wait to get Pretty Peaches on Blu, and really looking forward to more blu ray stuff from Vinegar Syndrome. I would love to see some Dark Brothers movies released by you too, Gregory Dark's films are some of the best stuff of the 80's. New Wave Hookers is one of my all time favorites, and I'd love to see some of his films that have been edited for no reason restored. I realize some of his films were edited because of Traci Lords and those can never be restored, but the others that were edited by VCA for no apparent reason for DVD release I would love to see restored if possible.
          There was a good reason for the films to be edited. People were being charged with obscenity charges with the government trying (and in a few cases succeeding) in putting them in jail. So anything with content that was considered questionable was cut. Now VCA did tend to go overboard with their definition of questionable, but there were good reasons at the time to do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
            There was a good reason for the films to be edited. People were being charged with obscenity charges with the government trying (and in a few cases succeeding) in putting them in jail. So anything with content that was considered questionable was cut. Now VCA did tend to go overboard with their definition of questionable, but there were good reasons at the time to do this.
            were any of the Dark Brothers films ever prosecuted?
            Last edited by Fundi; 10-14-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fundi View Post
              were any of the Dark Brothers films ever prosecuted?
              I can't remember any of the Dark Brothers films being prosecuted. Russ Hampshire, the then owner of VCA was (for bootlegging tapes but was related to his being a adult video owner). Strangely enough another VCA title BODY AND SOUL was, an early 90's video by Michael Craig. This was an okay video but was pretty vanilla as far as the sex was concerned. But, it shows you that almost anything could be prosecuted and why they wanted to minimize the risks.

Comment

• FB update....

"After much speculation, email queries and online rumors, here's the official word on our highlight releases in the first half of 2015:

January will bring a limited-edition blu-ray of SEX WORLD, two Hyapatia Lee films RIBALD TALES OF CANTERBURY & TASTY and a couple of our most requested Tobalina titles.

In February we'll be releasing our final Wakefield Poole disc, a loaded 2-DVD set of his two San Francisco films, TAKE ONE and MOVING, along with a crazy assortment of extras.

Then in March, Jim Bryan's cult classic, DON'T GO IN THE WOODS will be making its blu-ray debut, in a new 2K restoration from the 35mm interpositive (expect more awesome weirdness from the mind of Mr. Bryan later in the year). Also another Cirio Santiago film THE MUTHERS!

In April, DEMONOID will finally be hitting the streets for its first official release since the 1980s! We're including both cuts of the film as well as some other cool extra features.

Finally, in May, one of our most requested titles, MADMAN, will be coming to blu-ray in a beautiful new 4K scan and restoration from the 35mm camera negative!

Also be on the lookout for rarities from Alex deRenzy, Bob Chinn, and much more."
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Schwing!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Excited for DEMONOID. Can't say I'm all that crazy about total rubbish like DON'T GO IN THE WOODS ALONE getting the luxe treatment when there are a million more deserving titles out there.

MADMAN is a lousy film too but I do understand its place in the slasher movie pantheon. DGITWA is just amateur hour garbage.

Comment

• I love Jim's work and he's a cool guy, so I'm excited to be doing a blu of one of his films.
                      Sure, he made weirder stuff (some of which we will release), but DGITW is a lot of fun, as long as it's your thing.
                      Since it didn't make the announcement, we're also doing Norman T Vane's Frightmare later this year.

Comment

• The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Not everything is to everyone's taste John. But DGITWA does have a following so you'll probably do well with it.

When it comes to weird cinema I'm just more of a RAW FORCE/GRADUATION DAY kinda guy. 😄

Comment

• More crackers! Would love to see more Bryan. Not sure how many are aware, but Bryan also "spiced up" the 1971 film Treasure of Jamaica Reef - the debut of Cheryl Stoppelmoor aka Cheryl Ladd.

This was re-released in 1976 as Evil in the Deep. with added scenes of violence and an older Stephen Boyd shoe-horned in. Not sure if Bryan shot these extra scenes (they do have the Bryan style), but he did do the re-edit.

Would make an interesting double-bill.
                          Martin Brooks
                          Last edited by Martin Brooks; 11-06-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• 2015 is looking great for Vinegar Syndrome. I can't wait for "Sex World" and "Madman". Also, more Alex de Renzy titles is cool:).

Comment

• I'm still hoping to see MOVIE STAR AMERICAN STYLE/INCREDIBLE SEX REVOLUTION and the two versions of THE NAKED ZOO released someday.

Comment

• I'd happily shell out for a limited Blu-Ray of Bryan's THE DIRTIEST GAME IN THE WORLD if it were financially feasible to put one out. That one wiped the floor with me the first time I saw it. Even if it were DVD only it'd be nice to see something so twisted back in circulation.

Great initial lineup for 2015, can't wait to see what the rest of the year will bring.

Comment

Working...
                                X