No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK DVD of WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR is not uncut, nor is the Sinister Cinema version. We really need a truly uncut version of this sleaze classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobla View Post
      The UK DVD of WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR is not uncut, nor is the Sinister Cinema version. We really need a truly uncut version of this sleaze classic.
      I was unaware the UK version was cut. Mondo Digital gave the impression it was intact. Oh well, another one for the pile of 'cool films that desperately need proper releases'. Looking forward to Vinegar Syndrome whittling down the pile a bit.

Comment

Hey John, what about Waterpower?
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Hey John, what about Waterpower?
          All the film elements that we've uncovered, thanks to Shaun's diligent searching, have been unusable.

However, everyone owes a big thanks to Mr. Costello for the HGL release because it was thanks to him that I was able to contact the person in possession of the negatives.

Comment

Awesome. So will VS be handling a Waterpower release at some point or will that happen with another label? Or is it too soon to say...
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Awesome. So will VS be handling a Waterpower release at some point or will that happen with another label? Or is it too soon to say...
              No WP plans from anyone right now. If good materials ever surface, Distribpix will do the honors.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
                No WP plans from anyone right now. If good materials ever surface, Distribpix will do the honors.
                That's too bad, but completely understandable. Even though the Alpha France dvd was edited and was not Mr. Costello's preferred version, I guess that's our best option for now. John, I remember you mentioning restoration work you did from a film print of "Memories Within Miss Aggie" a couple of years ago. Is that movie still in limbo as far as the rightful owner is concerned? I would love to see it released.
                Rakesh R.
                Last edited by Rakesh R.; 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Arrows owns the rights or believe they own them... the rights probably goes back to the film producers, but fighting a company like Arrow is probably way too costly for a new label.

Of course John will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Rakesh, I did that restoration from THE NEGATIVE!

As for rights, yeah, it's tricky.

Inish Kea Ltd., the on-screen copyright claimant was a partnership between Damiano and other financial partners. Not sure if the mobsters who ended up creating Arrow ever had anything but a video licensing deal. They didn't handle theatrical distribution on MEMORIES or virtually any of the other 70's titles currently in distribution by Arrow so my guess is that Arrow is using an old video license deal as justification for the release. Of course, I could always be wrong...

But the only 70's titles I know they have a definite legit claim to are DEEP THROAT and the handful of Pacific Coast productions they release, such as CANDY STRIPERS as PCF was a west coast company started by the same mobsters who started Arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
                      Rakesh, I did that restoration from THE NEGATIVE!

As for rights, yeah, it's tricky.

Inish Kea Ltd., the on-screen copyright claimant was a partnership between Damiano and other financial partners. Not sure if the mobsters who ended up creating Arrow ever had anything but a video licensing deal. They didn't handle theatrical distribution on MEMORIES or virtually any of the other 70's titles currently in distribution by Arrow so my guess is that Arrow is using an old video license deal as justification for the release. Of course, I could always be wrong...

But the only 70's titles I know they have a definite legit claim to are DEEP THROAT and the handful of Pacific Coast productions they release, such as CANDY STRIPERS as PCF was a west coast company started by the same mobsters who started Arrow.
                      Thank you so much for the information John. It's a shame when legal BS gets in the way of releasing quality adult films. I totally understand taking the safe approach with regards to certain titles.

Comment

Not sure if you guys have 'liked' the VS facebook page or not, so in case you haven't, these were just posted (I've compressed them a bit).

Click image for larger version

Name:	560958_506129666081900_795371889_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	339746

Name:	47158_506129566081910_2007961880_n.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	339747

Name:	156132_506129612748572_1930112955_n.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	339748

Name:	298474_506129652748568_582152345_n.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	339749
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Speaking of rights issues, how do you deal with issues around music rights? I know that AHC does a lot of soundtrack editing and music replacement (going so far as to create a totally new soundtrack for Wet Wilderness if I recall), and the issue of copyrighted music does come up with quite a few XXX films from the '70s.

How would you go about releasing something like Waterpower which is filled with music lifted from other films, particularly given how important the music is to the atmosphere of the film?

(Oh, and I already mentioned over on another forum but those shots from Massage Parlor Murders have me really excited. I'm assuming it's slated for a Blu-Ray release?)
                          Ignatius
                          Last edited by Ignatius; 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Holy cow, those screen grabs look amazing!

Here's something I found last year on MASSAGE PARLOR MURDERS:
                            http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/show...l=1#post902096
                            www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Bougie View Post
                              Holy cow, those screen grabs look amazing!
                              Don't they though?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
                                Speaking of rights issues, how do you deal with issues around music rights? I know that AHC does a lot of soundtrack editing and music replacement (going so far as to create a totally new soundtrack for Wet Wilderness if I recall), and the issue of copyrighted music does come up with quite a few XXX films from the '70s.

How would you go about releasing something like Waterpower which is filled with music lifted from other films, particularly given how important the music is to the atmosphere of the film?

(Oh, and I already mentioned over on another forum but those shots from Massage Parlor Murders have me really excited. I'm assuming it's slated for a Blu-Ray release?)
                                Luckily, that hasn't come up yet. All of the films we have slated for release have either original scores or licensed library music.

Music issues are tricky and, at this point, I'm just holing off on working with films that illegally use copyrighted music. Too bad as I'd love to do something with my HD (though print sourced) CLIMAX OF BLUE POWER transfer but I don't think the Barry White estate would be too pleased.

And MPM wikl be DVD/Blu

Comment

Working...
                                X