Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
    Alright everyone, we've settled on one of our first 'drive-in' doubles:

Ken Friedman's DEATH BY INVITATION (1971) + Paul Kener's SAVAGE WATER (1979)
    Both are being sourced from decent 35mm prints (some scratches and dirt is to be expected, but for two ultra cheap and grimy 16mm blow-ups, they look quite nice) and are being presented in their proper 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratios for the first time ever on video.

For the initial batch of double features, we're also planning a double feature of two (not all that obscure) early 60's B & W thrillers which have never been released on video in this country from 35mm transfers. Also planned is a softcore double feature and an XXX double feature. Once titles are finalized, I'll post them.

Thoughts?
    Looks like you guys are off to one hell of a start! Death by Invitation looks like it might be right up my alley, and Savage Water seems like it might be pretty cool as well. Will definitely pick up that release.

Can't wait to hear what softcore and XXX double features you have in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
      Yes you should do, from what I've heard they sell many films that doesn't belong to them and not just the DVD-R... Satan Children being just one exemple.
      SATAN'S CHILDREN wasn't one of the films Bob produced but I'd love to be able to fully restore it. I fear the neg is lost though.

Comment

DEATH BY INVITATION interests me, as do the early sixties B&W flicks.

To me, it's the films themselves that are important. I'm not worried about format, DVD, Blu, and MOD are all fine to me. I'm not worried about single vs. double features, or whether or not there is a host. The films themselves are what I buy, regardlesss of the related issues.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
          All MOD titles will still be available for download at $4-5 a title in 720p.
          Is it US only or will I be able to use it from Poland?

Comment

Originally posted by edkrak View Post
            Is it US only or will I be able to use it from Poland?
            As long as you have a good internet connection, you should be able to access them anywhere in the world.

Comment

Although I don't worry about Blu, MOD, or DVD, I do vastly prefer physical media. I don't download, Facebook, text, or twitter.

John, any hints about the early sixties B&W features? I have some in mind, but don't want to simply stab in the dark.

These aren't guesses, but simply titles that would fit that criteria:

WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR
              MOVIE STAR AMERICAN STYLE, OR LSD I HATE YOU
              RAT FINK
              THE STREET IS MY BEAT
              PARTY GIRLS FOR THE CANDIDATE (aka THE CANDIDATE)
              MME. OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR (probably lost)
              and other films of that ilk.
              Jobla
              Last edited by Jobla; 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM. Reason: extra stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Jobla View Post
                MME. OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR (probably lost)
                Probably, but what a coupe that would be. We can keep dreaming!
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm sorry to say that none of the above listed titles are in the works right now. But not all are out of the question...

Comment

I'm looking forward to whatever you do release. I'd also love to see superior versions of:

THE GLASS CAGE (1964)
                    ANGELS FLIGHT (1965)

Comment

Some quality early Simon Nuchtern stuff maybe...

Cowards (1970) and Love-in 1973 (1971). I know they are supposed to be the same film edited differently.

If someone can confirm this to me this is certainly you John : Are Simon Nuchtern and Sidney Knight the same person? I almost feel they are...

Comment

Some quality early Simon Nuchtern stuff maybe...

Cowards (1970) and Love-in 1973 (1971). I know they are supposed to be the same film edited differently.

If someone can confirm this to me this is certainly you John : Are Simon Nuchtern and Sidney Knight the same person? I almost feel they are...
                        Mr. Nuchtern directed COWARDS and Mr. Knight directed LOVE-IN. Funny...

Comment

That's a not so cryptic way of saying 'yes.'

Comment

Thanks! I was 99.9% sure they were one and the same :up:

In the "I'm sure they are the same person" category again : Gerri Sedley (Teenage Hitchhikers) and Claude Goddard (Winter Heat)?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobla View Post
                              These aren't guesses, but simply titles that would fit that criteria:

WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR
                              Jobla, Teddy Bear is available on DVD from Network in the UK. Nice edition and region free. It's 4x3 but open matte so there's no information missing. If you're not prohibited by import costs or problems playing PAL content I'd highly recommend it.

Comment

Thanks! I was 99.9% sure they were one and the same :up:

In the "I'm sure they are the same person" category again : Gerri Sedley (Teenage Hitchhikers) and Claude Goddard (Winter Heat)?
                                Pretty sure I did get confirmation a while back from a trusted source that Gerri and Claude were the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X