The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    I was under the impression the 2005 US DVD release from Image/Redemption contained the cut UK version, John. The 2010 UK DVD release from Odeon featured an uncut version of the film.

Either way, it's a good film with an excellent performance from Magee. I like it a lot.
    100% correct Paul.
    I am clearly getting stoopid, and lazy :)

Just looked at the original DVD Drive in review and I am credited with sending in info that the Image was cut.

D'oh!

thanks!
    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The first clue looks like Cemetery Man...

Comment

• If true that would easily be their biggest title. I'd be nice to have a director's commentary.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• When is that sale again? As a Canadian I have no fucking clue when Black Friday is, next week?

Comment

• According to the various clues scattered around newsletters and Facebook posts: both of the mystery titles are from the US, both were released in the early '80s (though one was shot in '79), and both have received poor quality cut DVD releases. And while they've been described using terms like 'prime grade gore' and 'top shelf killfests' neither has been explicitly labeled as a slasher film.

So no chance of Cemetery Man then, at least for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
              When is that sale again? As a Canadian I have no fucking clue when Black Friday is, next week?
              Nov. 23rd so you have a whole month to obsess over the two mystery titles.

Comment

• I pre-ordered the two surprise titles, but I skipped CUTTING CLASS. What are you supposed to do with all of those slipcovers anyways?
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I am looking forward to seeing what VS has in store for 2019 regarding adult blu rays. I know that there will only be a few released, but I was curious what we might actually see. Hopefully, another de Renzy and/or Damiano title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    I pre-ordered the two surprise titles, but I skipped CUTTING CLASS. What are you supposed to do with all of those slipcovers anyways?
                    Same, there is no way I'm paying $34.99 plus shipping for a film that's pretty mediocre at best. It will also be the first release I don't buy at all, breaking my tradition of owning the full catalog of films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      I pre-ordered the two surprise titles, but I skipped CUTTING CLASS. What are you supposed to do with all of those slipcovers anyways?
                      Just in time, they will make perfect Christmas tree ornaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
                        According to the various clues scattered around newsletters and Facebook posts: both of the mystery titles are from the US, both were released in the early '80s (though one was shot in '79), and both have received poor quality cut DVD releases. And while they've been described using terms like 'prime grade gore' and 'top shelf killfests' neither has been explicitly labeled as a slasher film.

So no chance of Cemetery Man then, at least for now.
                        A lot of people are guessing The Children will be one of them.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Any news on 9 Lives of a Wet Pussy?
                          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                            Any news on 9 Lives of a Wet Pussy?
                            Can you imagine if they got Ferrara to do a commentaty?! I'm glad to say that now he's clean his commentaries have lost none of their edge. I'd pay almost anything to hear the self loathing as he watches himself get blown, you wouldn't need five slipcases to get me to buy that one.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Can you imagine if they got Ferrara to do a commentaty?! I'm glad to say that now he's clean his commentaries have lost none of their edge. I'd pay almost anything to hear the self loathing as he watches himself get blown, you wouldn't need five slipcases to get me to buy that one.
                              It would be both hilarious and fascinating to hear his thoughts on it now. I think his girlfriend at the time plays the lead so he'd get to relive watching her fuck other guys while relaying his thoughts to that as well. There's gold in them thar hills.
                              "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Lee Frost's( AKA F.C. Perl's) "A Climax of Blue Power"(1975), an intense and disturbing cult adult film, has been confirmed as a future release by Vinegar Syndrome on their fan group page on facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X