No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hint at one of the upcoming Black Friday exclusives...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DpAvhG6WsAAnEKY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	354994
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Source.

"There are TWO surprise Blus and THREE regular blus in November, and probably also a DVD."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        A hint at one of the upcoming Black Friday exclusives...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21021[/ATTACH]
        "Waterpower"? Just a guess...the face kind of looks like Jamie Gillis. Another guess would be "9 Lives of a Wet Pussy".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post
          "Waterpower"? Just a guess...the face kind of looks like Jamie Gillis. Another guess would be "9 Lives of a Wet Pussy".
          It's an 80s slasher.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
            It's an 80s slasher.
            Thanks for the info. I love 80s slasher films. I'm going to try to find out what it might be.

Comment

• Looks like it is Cutting Class.

From the latest email newsletter:

"CUTTING CLASS is coming to Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome!We are finally ready to announce what is probably our best kept secret in some time; that we've completed a new 4k restoration of Rospo Pallenberg's star studded 1988 slasher, CUTTING CLASS, and will be issuing its 30th anniversary Blu-ray debut on Black Friday. What's more is that, unlike the old DVD which purported to be 'unrated,' but was in fact the much tamer MPAA 'R' version, our Blu is totally uncut.

To further commemorate the excitement of being able to watch sleaze-era Brad Pitt in HD, we've asked five of our favorite artists (Jay Shaw, Earl Kessler Jr., Derek Gabryszak, Chris Garofalo and Cody Brown) to each design a slipcover based upon their favorite kill in the film. Hence the 'Killer Covers of CUTTING CLASS' package.

As we did last year, we'll be having a flash preorder at VinegarSyndrome.com for the CUTTING CLASS slipcover package as well as our two Black Friday limited edition surprise horror Blu-rays. During the flash preorder event, you'll have the ability to order 'The Killer Covers of CUTTING CLASS' package with or without the two surprise horror releases. The stress-free flash preorder will take place over the weekend of October 19th-21st.

The 'Killer Covers' package will only be available during our flash preorder event: October 19th-21st. Individual slipcovers will be available for purchase during our Black Friday sale (complicated, huh?).

It's worth mentioning that any CUTTING CLASS slips left over after our Black Friday sale will be shredded (if there are any left to shred); this is a 100% Black Friday sale exclusive and no slipcover editions will be sold at conventions or by any other retailer.

Also, to be completely clear, the 'Killer Covers of CUTTING CLASS' package consists of:
              (1) Blu-ray and (5) Slipcovers

Name:	362954_BlackFriday2019_facebook1.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	355007

Visit VinegarSyndrome.com October 19th-21st (EST) to place your preorder."

And also, this!

"Also in November...
              We continue our international excursions with two forgotten gems of 70's cinema. First, Brian Damude's masterful Toronto shot Hitchcockian thriller (and some would say Coen Brothers influencing) thriller, SUDDEN FURY, in its Blu-ray and disc in general debut, newly restored from its original camera negative!

Then, from the crazed mind behind Corruption (the Cushing one), comes Brian Hartford Davis' assault on Christian fundamentalism meets proto-slasher, BEWARE MY BRETHREN, a post-mod suspenser sure to scare you away from your church going relatives. What's more is that while previous editions of BRETHREN have been the heavily cut UK cinema version, our new camera negative sourced Blu is the fully uncut International edit."

Name:	363002_VS_254_slip_front.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	355008
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm looking forward to Beware My Brethren. I'm pretty sure I had the dvd from Redemption(?) under the title, The Fiend. I didn't know it was cut at the time. The only thing I remember from the film is the use of reel-to-reel tape players, which, I thought was cool. Also, I like Patrick Magee.

I'm way behind on VS releases so if I have the dough, I'll order a handful of releases on Black Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                  I'm looking forward to Beware My Brethren.
                  I'm pretty sure I had the dvd from Redemption(?) under the title, The Fiend.

I didn't know it was cut at the time.
                  It is uncut. Bit of hyperbole on VS's part in that release.
                  Film was cut for UK cinema and VHS, but US VHS was uncut.

As were the Image DVD and a later Odeon DVD.

I like this movie and was hoping it might appear in a box of Robert Hartford-Davis films with SMASHING BIRD I USED TO KNOW aka SCHOOL OF UNCLAIMED GIRLS, BLOOD SUCKERS and 1 or 2 others. CORRUPTION is out, thsi guy's work si screaming for re appraisal.

LOL @ VS calling the director Brian Hartdford Davis in that press release, screenwriter was Brian Comfort, director of the other release is Brian as well.... someone got confused.
                  https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                    It is uncut. Bit of hyperbole on VS's part in that release.
                    Film was cut for UK cinema and VHS, but US VHS was uncut.

As were the Image DVD and a later Odeon DVD.
                    I was under the impression the 2005 US DVD release from Image/Redemption contained the cut UK version, John. The 2010 UK DVD release from Odeon featured an uncut version of the film.

Either way, it's a good film with an excellent performance from Magee. I like it a lot.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I just put in my order for Memories Within Kiss Aggie I know I'm a bit late but can't wait to see it. I only saw it once on vhs and it looked like shit. It is a great movie though. I hope maybe VS do a surprise black Friday release of another Gerard Damiano movie. I'd love to see Skinflicks or Satisfiers of Alpha Blue get a release. Or maybe something good with Jamie Gillis like Amanda By Night

Comment

• VS confirmed on Facebook that 1988's The Uninvited is in the works.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Damn, I just recently bought the Cheezy Flicks DVD. At least I can check it out before a potential upgrade.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            Damn, I just recently bought the Cheezy Flicks DVD. At least I can check it out before a potential upgrade.
                            That's a shitty, tape sourced bootleg, as opposed to a 4K camera negative sourced restoration.

Comment

• First hint for the 2 secret Black Friday sale items.

Name:	Dp4AtPHXcAA-UBD.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	355044
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Not much to work off of there, haha.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X