No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Rebane posted a hilarious threat about Blood Harvest on Facebook. Apparently he thinks that a Facebook post counts as a legal Cease and Desist notice and calls VS an organized crime operation.
    Darcy Parker
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 09-15-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• VS in turn have made a Facebook post detailing where their license comes from, how that company acquired the rights, and why Bill is full of shit. I imagine they want to quell any speculation that their release will get pulled at the last minute.

Threats and false copyright claims are probably really annoying if you're the one who has to deal with them, but I'll be damned if it isn't fun to gawk at from the sidelines.

Comment

• Is it safe to say that Bill won't be participating in the extras for this release?

Comment

• Safest bet in the world.

Comment

• Comment

• Vinegar Syndrome has completed a restoration for the 1975 Canuxploitation film Sudden Fury that's debuting at Fantastic Fest.

https://fantasticfest.com/films/sudden-fury/

Click image for larger version

Name:	DnTfxCYWsAA0237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	354910
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ^^Blu-ray please VS.

Comment

• Being a big fan of Ray Dennis Steckler I picked up THE SEXORCIST/DEVIATES IN LOVE Peekarama double bill. Nice presentation of both films but am I correct in thinking DEVIATES is a cut version? It has the torture/inquisition opening missing from some prints, but the last scene builds up the woman's dark fetish in the narration but there appears to be a jarring cut towards the end...after which they are soaking wet. Online reviews on IMDb mention some water sports which would account for this but are completely absent and thus the narrators foreboding narration (complete with ominous storm on the soundtrack) build up leads to...a normal sex scene.
                  Someone Weird
                  Last edited by Someone Weird; 09-26-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone Weird View Post
                    Being a big fan of Ray Dennis Steckler I picked up THE SEXORCIST/DEVIATES IN LOVE Peekarama double bill. Nice presentation of both films but am I correct in thinking DEVIATES is a cut version? It has the torture/inquisition opening missing from some prints, but the last scene builds up the woman's dark fetish in the narration but there appears to be a jarring cut towards the end...after which they are soaking wet. Online reviews on IMDb mention some water sports which would account for this but are completely absent and thus the narrators foreboding narration (complete with ominous storm on the soundtrack) build up leads to...a normal sex scene.
                    There was a fair bit of discussion about this in the VS Fan Group on FB. Bottom line is that a couple of different variants of the film circulated over the years and yeah, the print VS released is missing the big water sports moment at the end. The general speculation was that Steckler made the edit himself when re-releasing the film in the '80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone Weird View Post
                      Being a big fan of Ray Dennis Steckler I picked up THE SEXORCIST/DEVIATES IN LOVE Peekarama double bill. Nice presentation of both films but am I correct in thinking DEVIATES is a cut version? It has the torture/inquisition opening missing from some prints, but the last scene builds up the woman's dark fetish in the narration but there appears to be a jarring cut towards the end...after which they are soaking wet. Online reviews on IMDb mention some water sports which would account for this but are completely absent and thus the narrators foreboding narration (complete with ominous storm on the soundtrack) build up leads to...a normal sex scene.
                      Only thing I would like to add is that I too recently watched these two obscure films and the came to the realization that the only thing that makes RDS adult films or any of his nom-de-plume films interesting is the damn good and sometimes creepy narration. Without it at least adding something to the story these films would be total turds. The are not good films per say but I found them compelling enough to watch through the 60 min run times each one has.

Comment

• Does anyone else have a problem with receiving rattlers? Every VS disc I've received recently has had one of the discs loose (usually the Blu Ray). Luckily no playback problems so far. Not sure if it's because they're coming all the way to the UK and thus prone to more handling, but those cases they use look pretty flimsy, the disc just sits there with nothing to clasp it in place properly. Maybe it's just me?

I only order from VS direct when there's an exclusive I want or during a sale as I need to negate the postage costs, so I've not seen their new packaging which may help, but using different cases in the first place would surely be better for everyone?

Anyway, rant over. I still love you VS!
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          Does anyone else have a problem with receiving rattlers? Every VS disc I've received recently has had one of the discs loose (usually the Blu Ray). Luckily no playback problems so far. Not sure if it's because they're coming all the way to the UK and thus prone to more handling, but those cases they use look pretty flimsy, the disc just sits there with nothing to clasp it in place properly. Maybe it's just me?

I only order from VS direct when there's an exclusive I want or during a sale as I need to negate the postage costs, so I've not seen their new packaging which may help, but using different cases in the first place would surely be better for everyone?

Anyway, rant over. I still love you VS!
                          It's not just you, though I'm not sure it's just VS either. I don't order much from overseas these days but the proportion of 'rattlers' is quite high when I do. As you say, I imagine they get thrown around every step of the way.
                          https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• have not had any loose discs arrive when ordering from VS.

have had an issue with pita chips i buy tho. open the bag and mostly broken chips. seems like someone is going around playing kickball with them. hard using broken chips for stuff.

frustrating

Comment

• Any updates on Last House on Dead End Street ? There's a new release of the movie on dvd from a different company so what's the story ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Consigliere View Post
                                Any updates on Last House on Dead End Street ? There's a new release of the movie on dvd from a different company so what's the story ?
                                The new release is from Films Around the World who licensed the film to VS. All the FATW releases are DVD-R's. Actually I've never understood why companies that buy the rights to their films allow them to continue to release DVD-R's of the same film. Always struck me as harming sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X