The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jobla View Post
    I'm sorry to read that, as I prefer 60's and 70's films. I suppose that THE KILLING KIND will be the exception.
    Also HORROR HIGH, if they can get past the problems with the elements.

Comment

• VS said on BR.com that there are 4 horror movies coming out in Oct. 3 in Nov. and then 1 in Dec.

"We've got two slashers in the most traditional sense but also another 3 that have supernatural aspects despite adhering to formal slasher structure. I'll add that the two traditional slashers have never been issued on disc in this country in their uncut versions. And that our editions will be new, camera negative sourced restorations while all previous versions were tape sourced."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Dunno who this guy is but he's recording a commentary track for an October release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	40767805_10214045213176761_1273384604136374272_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	354865
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• John Savage for THE KILLING KIND? Actually, I don't think that THE KILLING KIND has been announced for October.

Comment

• I don't think anything has been officially announced for October yet... we're probably another 7-10 days off.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              VS said on BR.com that there are 4 horror movies coming out in Oct. 3 in Nov. and then 1 in Dec.

"We've got two slashers in the most traditional sense but also another 3 that have supernatural aspects despite adhering to formal slasher structure. I'll add that the two traditional slashers have never been issued on disc in this country in their uncut versions. And that our editions will be new, camera negative sourced restorations while all previous versions were tape sourced."
              So excited! It could be anything.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I expect that THE KILLING KIND will be one of the traditional slashers.

Comment

I expect that THE KILLING KIND will be one of the traditional slashers.
                  The main 'traditional' slasher for October is BLOOD HARVEST. However, all four October Plus have slasher qualities, some more explicitly than others.

Comment

• I'll probably pass on BLOOD HARVEST. I've only seen the edited Retromedia DVD, but I don't think a little restored nudity and gore could save this one.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      I'll probably pass on BLOOD HARVEST. I've only seen the edited Retromedia DVD, but I don't think a little restored nudity and gore could save this one.
                      It's A LOT of nudity and gore.

Comment

• I gave Blood Harvest a chance and didn't like it. It was just like the glut of shitty late 80's slashers of its time like Berserker or Memorial Valley Massacre.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• I love Blood Harvest despite it's many and obvious shortcomings.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            I'll probably pass on BLOOD HARVEST. I've only seen the edited Retromedia DVD, but I don't think a little restored nudity and gore could save this one.
                            It made the difference for me. It's a bizzarre film and the exploitation elements give it quite the kick. Both the gore and and nudity are plentiful and well done.

Comment

John Savage for THE KILLING KIND? Actually, I don't think that THE KILLING KIND has been announced for October.
                              FB chatter says you're right. Guess we'll get confirmation soon.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I expect THE KILLING KIND in October, but reportedly John Savage won't be involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X