No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lyons you underestimate yourself, Vinegar Syndrome has put out some Criterion like releases, I'm talking about your recent release of Taboo, and I don't have your new releases of the Linnea Quigley stuff, but I'm really excited about those on blu ray and DVD finally, oh and I agree with Jobla Beverly Hills Girls would make a great release, I saw it once on TV a long time ago, really liked it, I think Michelle Bauer was in it too. when I was in high school, I was renting Linnea Quigley, and Brinke Stevens films every weekend it seems like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
      seems like everyone is in a desperate rush to grab cash these days, this is driving me out of the market to be honest. too much not-so-classic stuff being released and re-released within a couple of years, and marketed as being important films.
      If you don't dig the films no one is forcing you to buy them. I don't see how that could drive you out of the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
        If you don't dig the films no one is forcing you to buy them. I don't see how that could drive you out of the market.
        I know, i know. Just a touch of burn out going on at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
          I know, i know. Just a touch of burn out going on at the moment.
          I feel ya man, I feel the same way sometimes.

Comment

• VS confirmed that their upcoming Blu-ray double feature of Blood Mania and Point Of Terror will be restored from the negatives and also include the alternate TV edits.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Reason enough to purchase! That and the POT title sequence!

Comment

• It's been confirmed on FB that VS are working on a Blu-ray release of Kevin Tenney's Witchtrap.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  It's been confirmed on FB that VS are working on a Blu-ray release of Kevin Tenney's Witchtrap.
                  Hopefully it's the uncut version. The German blu was the R-rated version and the cuts are jarring. Not a good film, but it has some laughs (and Linnea Quigley).
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• FIRST EVER 35MM THEATRICAL SCREENING!

Director Michael Cooney & star Scott MacDonald in person with props from the film!

Co-presented by Vinegar Syndrome, Alamo Drafthouse Los Angeles, & It Came From The VCR

JACK FROST
                    1997, Vinegar Syndrome, 89 minutes, dir.: Michael Cooney

On his way to his execution, serial killer Jack Frost's prison bus crashes into a tankard full of chemicals that mutates him into a giant killer snowman. Now as a super powered psychotic Frosty, Jack goes on a new killing spree in one of the most outrageous holiday horror films from the VCR era.

Cinematic Void
                    6712 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90028
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Some more details on Jack Frost (pre-order link):

On his way to be executed, the vehicle containing notorious serial killer Jack Frost collides with a hazardous chemical truck, turning Jack into a snow covered mutant and unleashing him on the unsuspecting town of Snomonton, 'The Snowman Capitol of the Midwest'. Jack immediately takes advantage of his newfound freedom and blizzardy abilities to seek revenge on the bungling Sheriff, played by Christopher Allport (TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A.), that accidentally ended his cross-country killing spree. On his way to the Sheriff, Jack terrorizes the snow-man themed town and murders its residents in a variety of winterized ways. Can the residents of Snomonton fight back against the psychopath snowman from Hell or will they all end up in a snow-covered grave?

Co-starring the beautiful Shannon Elizabeth (AMERICAN PIE) in one of her most infamous and revealing roles, and featuring colorful cinematography by Dean Lent (BORDER RADIO), director Michael Cooney's staple of video stores and late night TV, is a gleefully gory horror comedy and is coming to Blu-ray for the first time, fully restored in 2k from Vinegar Syndrome.

Bonus Features:
                      1. Scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm vault elements
                      2. Commentary track with Director Michael Cooney
                      3. Video introduction from Director Michael Cooney
                      4. Video interview with Lead Actor Scott MacDonald
                      5. Video interview with Director of Photography Dean Lent
                      6. 5.1 DTS-HD Surround Sound
                      7. Cover artwork by Chris Garofalo
                      8. Reversible cover art
                      9. English SHD Subtitles
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So I went to the mall to pick up NIGHTMARE SISTERS and the son of a bitch at Cinema 1 was selling it for $47.99! Naturally, I told him to suck balls.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• New VS newsletter is teasing the upcoming Black Friday and January 2017 releases.

This year, in addition to our incredible price discounts and 2017 yearly package deals, we have two (yes 2!) surprise Blu-rays planned! One is an all-but-lost late 80s slasher which we've restored to its longest cut ever. The other is a 60s sexploitation classic by one of the genre's most acclaimed auteurs. Both are coming to Blu-ray for the first time and will ONLY be for sale on the VS site (and eventually other places, if there's any left).
                          Also available for pre-order on Black Friday will be our January 2017 titles. We have 4 more Crown titles in the works (all Blu), including a much-requested slasher, a sexploitation masterpiece, and a Blu-ray double feature of two psychotic vanity pieces. We will also have our first hardcore Blu of the year (which also happens to be one of the best hardcore features of the 80s), along with another hardcore DVD.

Comment

• This sale is next Friday? the 18th?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                              This sale is next Friday? the 18th?
                              Weekend after. 25th-28th.

Comment

• I am wondering what this sexploitation film coming to blu ray could be, I wonder if it could be a Joe Sarno film maybe? I will have to wait to see I guess, hope it's something I want :) I expect I will make a big order this black Friday. I didn't order in October anticipating the black Friday sale, I see they are offering the preorders for January, I thought VS was putting out releases this December though? That late 80's slasher, well that I will never guess it could be anything, there were literally a thousand late 80's slashers. I wanted to ask VS, will there be a Taboo 4 and 5 double feature? I know you said Taboo 6 there wasn't good materials for a release for, which is too bad because Nina Hartley's ass is so damn hot in that movie :)

Comment

Working...
                                X