The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    I guess now that VS is releasing HOBGOBLINS they have now officially "jumped the shark".

I suppose this means the VICE ACADEMY films are coming soon. (Oh, the horrors! the horrors!)
    What a weird comment. VS has always released bizarre and unexpected films from the beginning. Why is releasing HOBGOBLINS "jumping the shark"? It's certainly not the first "bad" film they've released.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      What a weird comment. VS has always released bizarre and unexpected films from the beginning. Why is releasing HOBGOBLINS "jumping the shark"? It's certainly not the first "bad" film they've released.
      Well, I wasn't being totally serious but really HOBGOBLINS? It's really a bad GREMLINS knock-off and I wouldn't consider it to be bizarre in the least (I've seen it twice now; when if first came out on video and when Retromedia released it on dvd and that's punishment enough).

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this actually turns out to be one of VS's best sellers since it should go over well with the more mainstream consumers. I just expect odder films from VS.

Comment

• if it's so terrible why did you watch it twice? lol if something is punishment to watch I wouldn't get it on TWO different formats lol

Comment

• Think about it like this...sometimes, in order to offset the expense of doing a triple feature of rare Alex deRenzy films, we gotta keep the cash flowing...

Comment

• Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
            Think about it like this...sometimes, in order to offset the expense of doing a triple feature of rare Alex deRenzy films, we gotta keep the cash flowing...
            What's with all this HOBGOBLINS shame? It can't possibly be worse than PUNK VACATION, haha.

Comment

• I rarely see a film I don't like, I am easily entertained haha, I mean really, I even liked Plan 9 From Outer Space and it was picked the worst movie ever made. I maybe have something wrong with my brain, but I am easily entertained by movies, I like even stupid acting and stories, I like every Jess Franco film I've seen, and I've read everyone else say oh these movies by Jess Franco are good, and these are god awful, well I love the awful ones too, I don't know if I just have a high pain tolerance for movies or what, but I am maybe too much of a movie fan or what lol.

Comment

• I find that the older I get and the more movies I see, the more I appreciate them. I watch upwards of 600 films a year and I'd say maybe only 10%-15% of them are films I absolutely hate. I can usually find something to enjoy in just about everything I watch, even if it's one memorable scene, a good score or whatever. Alot of it has to do with the fact that I only watch the films I want to see and I rarely settle for "whatever's on right now". I was way more critical of films when I was a teenager/early 20s. I remember a period when I wouldn't watch anything that was rated PG! It was R, X or unrated only. How ridiculous!

Comment

• you didn't watch anything rated G or PG? Wow that rules out a lot of good films, some of my favorite films ever at rated PG like the Pink Panther films with Peter Sellers, and well just many many other films, all the classics from the teens through the 1960's were basically G or PG. I'm glad you like them now though :)l I sometimes think that horror films now days that purposely cut stuff to get a PG rating hurt themselves though. I mean if a director makes a film, and he is happy with it, but then he is told he must cut it that's not good. I like that they usually will release the unrated version now days too though.

Comment

• Sex in the comics is more funnier and weirder than I remembered it, how the hell did Duke Mitchell get involved with something like this is beyond me.

Here is a shot of him and his creepy-ass make-up.
                    Mark C.
                    Last edited by Mark C.; 09-05-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Wtf. I need to see this.

Comment

• Looks like the October lineup is going to be:

Nightmare Sisters
                        Murder Weapon / Deadly Embrace Double Feature
                        Deathrow Gameshow
                        Hobgoblins
                        and the 2nd installment of the great Storefront Theatre series

Click image for larger version

Name:	14183786_10154597833293530_3379028398621172575_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	351193
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Murder Weapon & Deadly Embrace (Vinegar Syndrome) (DVD / Blu-Ray All Region Combo)

Name:	d89500ba8d545c762de67d296d325250.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	351194

The beautiful Linnea Quigley stars in two erotic thrillers from filmmaker David DeCoteau.

First, in MURDER WEAPON, two women, who have just been released from an asylum hold a party to reunite with their old boyfriends. Soon though a mysterious black clad killer begins murdering the boys in increasingly gruesome ways. Can the murderer be unmasked before it's too late?

Then, in DEADLY EMBRACE, a lonely and under-sexed housewife hires a studly houseman, only to begin an affair with him. But when his actress girlfriend (Linnea Quigley) comes to visit, as well as her wealthy husband (Jan-Michael Vincent), things start happening that no one would have expected...

Never released theatrically, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to have restored these nudity and blood filled direct to video classics from their long lost 16mm camera negatives and bring them to Blu-ray for the first time.

English
                          Widescreen 1.85:1
                          DTS-HD Master Audio MONO

• All extras on both disc formats
                          • Region free Blu-ray and DVD combo pack
                          • Scanned, restored & preserved in 2k from 16mm original camera negatives
                          • Commentary track with director David DeCoteau & actress Linnea Quigley on both films
                          • Director introduction for both films
                          • Video trailer for MURDER WEAPON
                          • Outtakes for DEADLY EMBRACE
                          • Reversible cover artwork
                          • English SDH Subtitles
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Nightmare Sisters (Vinegar Syndrome) (DVD / Blu-Ray All Region Combo)

Name:	7386f9f89cde0f1a0890c5c6d5f945b6.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	351195

Three plain looking sorority sisters (Linnea Quigley, Brinke Stevens, Michelle Bauer) decide to host a séance and invite their nerdy boyfriends to enjoy the fun. But when Omar (Dukey Flyswatter), a mystical shaman, suddenly appears in their crystal ball and tricks the girls into touching him, they're suddenly transformed into ravishing succubi, determined to suck more than just souls. Will the guys be able to stop the madness before it's too late?

Director David DeCoteau's sexy horror comedy, NIGHTMARE SISTERS, is a non-stop thrill ride of outrageous 80s trash, starring three of the biggest names in scream queen history. Vinegar Syndrome is proud to bring NIGHTMARE SISTERS to Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world, newly restored from its original 35mm camera negative!

English
                            DTS-HD Master Audio MONO

• Region free Blu-ray and DVD combo pack.
                            • Scanned, restored & preserved in 2k from 35mm original camera negative
                            • Commentary track with director David DeCoteau & actress Linnea Quigley
                            • Director introduction
                            • Alternate feature length TV version
                            • Interview with writer / associate producer Kenneth J. Hall
                            • Bloopers / outtakes
                            • English SDH Subtitles
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Deathrow Gameshow (Vinegar Syndrome) (DVD / Blu-Ray All Region Combo)

Name:	a5dc79e907dd9c3795f7acf0e254d4da.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	351196

Chuck Toedan hosts the most controversial show on TV: Live or Die, where deathrow inmates compete against each other for a chance to beat the executioner.

However, when he accidentally kills a mob boss of the most feared mafia in the city, a hit man tries to put an end to him and his show once and for all. As a battle of wits and survival ensues, Chuck is forced to engage in the very tactics he uses on his contestants, or die trying.

From acclaimed independent filmmaker Mark Pirro, DEATHROW GAMESHOW is a playful assault against good taste, featuring outrageous kills and non-stop screwball comedy. Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present this under seen piece of late 80s camp newly restored in 2K and on Blu-ray for the first time.

English
                              DTS-HD Master Audio MONO

• Commentary track with director Mark Pirro, John McCafferty (actor) & Robyn Blythe (actress)
                              • “Revisiting Deathrow Gameshow” - 32 minute making-of documentary
                              • 2015 director's cut of DEATHROW GAMESHOW
                              • Multiple director introductions
                              • “Buns” 1978 (short film directed by Mark Pirro)
                              • “The Spy Who Did it Better” 1979 (short film directed by Mark Pirro)
                              • Original theatrical trailer
                              • TV spot
                              • Image gallery
                              • Director bio
                              • English SDH Subtitles
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Hobgoblins (Vinegar Syndrome) (DVD / Blu-Ray All Region Combo)

Name:	1d344d1b7c48b68bf424db98a17cece1.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	351197

Kevin just got hired to be the assistant night watchman at an old film vault. Warned to stay out of one mysterious chamber, the rookie guard can't help but satisfy his curiosity and unwittingly unleashes a group of hobgoblins: furry aliens who grant people wishes only to kill them in the process. As the body count starts to rise, Kevin, with the help of his friends, decide to track down the deadly creatures before they wreak havoc on the city.

Director Rick Sloane's cult classic and Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan favorite is a sleazy, low rent tribute to creature features and drive-in fare. Long available only in tape-sourced editions, Vinegar Syndrome presents HOBGOBLINS on Blu-ray newly restored from its original 35mm camera negative.

English
                                DTS-HD Master Audio MONO

• Archival commentary track with director Rick Sloane
                                • “Hobgoblins Revisited” brand new making-of featurette
                                • Brand new interview with hobgoblin creature fabricator, Kenneth J. Hall
                                • “Hobgoblins: The Making of a Disasterpiece” featurette
                                • “Hobgoblins Invade Comic-Con” featurette
                                • Trailer
                                • English SDH Subtitles
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X