No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTE: Pre-orders will begin in March for this release.

Two early exploitation gems which prove that even before the golden age of the grindhouse, cinematic sleaze could still pack a nasty wallop.

Anatomy of a Psycho (1960)
    In this early exploitation classic, the brother of a convicted murder set to be executed
    takes revenge against the people he believes were responsible for his brother's demise.
    Director: Boris Petroff
    80 minutes / Black & White / AR: 1.37:1

The Lonely Sex (1959)
    In an odd blending of psychodrama, thriller and light sexploitation, a lonely outcast kidnaps a young woman and holds her hostage in a rural shack while a violent peeping tom goes about his daily routine.
    Director: Richard Hillard
    57 minutes / Black & White / AR: 1.37:1

Features Include:
    + Dual Layer DVD-9 | Region Free | 4:3 Standard | 1.37:1 AR | MONO
    + 2k scan from 35mm theatrical prints

Click image for larger version

Name:	vs2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	342549

Same deal, you can see screen caps and a preview video here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ^^Sold!

Comment

• Considering you'll release The Love Garden can I keep my fingers crossed for a future release of a double features with The All-American Girl and The All-American Woman?

Even if your materials isn't that good as you told me previously this isn't a problem in my book

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
          can I keep my fingers crossed for a future release of a double features with The All-American Girl and The All-American Woman?
          *fingers crossed* for a positive response. that be awesome.

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Just saw your review Ian and I hope they will send the pre-order soon. I know it's for later in march, but maybe if they have already the disc on their hands

Comment

• The Love Garden is a cool little movie.
                www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

• I just posted this on the VS facebook page. Figured I'd cut and paste it here and elsewhere to spread the word.

"Well, it's time for some bad news...
                  We've just learned that the source from which we licensed SAVAGE WATER did not have proper rights to it. However, in a weird mixed blessing sort of way, we are finally in touch with director Paul Kener. Paul has shared with us his plans for the film and they're quite exciting. However, releasing it in its current form is not what Paul wants and obviously we're going to honor his wishes. So, with that said, the disc has been cancelled and everyone who purchased off the VS site will be receiving a FULL REFUND by the end of the week.
                  It sucks for now but the silver lining is that Paul fully intends to get the film out there, but sourced from the negative, which he thankfully still has.
                  This is hardly the last the world will here of SAVAGE WATER!"

Comment

• Bad luck happen... at least it wasn't one that I did pre-order.

No need to answer if you don't want to, what happen when money is spent for a release (pressing cost, DVD art, extra features, ...)? Trial or something is preview for that in the "licensing" contract?

Comment

• Well, we just take the loss. Thankfully, this was a nominal investment. No money upfront.
                      However, we obviously won't be doing any future deals with the entity in question.

Comment

• Rats. That's a real shame, John. Please send me mine anyway. :)

Comment

• Damn. Bad luck having this happen to one of your very first releases. It's good to know you're not having to swallow too much in terms of losses. At least there's another release in the pipeline (from the negative, no less!). In terms of preservation and accessibility the film will still get its due, and that's the most important thing in the end.

Thanks for being so upfront and communicative about everything. I'm keen to see what Death By Invitation finally gets paired up with down the line.

Comment

• And now, MASSAGE PARLOR MURDERS is up for preorder.

Comment

• Are you sure? It was always listed as coming soon when I checked at 1h42 at the VS website... I guess it's a question of days.

Comment

• MASSAGE PARLOR MURDERS is up for preorder at Amazon.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X