No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold Masters (Jim Hutton) is a mild-mannered man who obsesses over his mother, but finds himself implicated in a murder he didn't commit, and is sent to an asylum. While incarcerated, a fellow patient teaches him the techniques of Astral Projection, also known as the Kirlian Effect, which is the ability to use his mind to control objects at will. When the real killer is found and Arnold is released, only to find that during his time in the asylum his mother has died, he vows vengeance against those responsible for setting him up and begins to use his powers to exact a bloody revenge.

Directed by character actor Ray Danton (Crypt of the Living Dead) and co-starring Julie Adams, Neville Brand, Aldo Ray, and Mary Wilcox, THE PSYCHIC KILLER is a mid 70s Drive-In classic that, despite frequent gore and a blood and nudity filled shower death scene, somehow received a PG rating from the MPAA and is presented here fully uncut and newly restored in 2K from its original 35mm camera negative.

Directed by: Ray Danton
    1975 / 90 minutes / Color / 1.85:1
    Actors: Jim Hutton, Julie Adams, Greydon Clark, Paul Burke, Neville Brand, Mary Wilcox

Features Include:

• Region free Blu-ray and DVD combo pack.
    • All extras on both formats.
    • Scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm original camera negative.
    • “The Danton Force” featurette with Mitchell & Steve Danton, co-star Julie Adams and 1st Assistant Director Ronald G. Smith.
    • “The Psychic Killer Inside Me” featurette w/ Greydon Clark.
    • “The Aura of Horror” featurette w/ Mardi Rustam.
    • Mutiple TV Spots
    • Original theatrical trailer
    • Reversible cover artwork
    • English SDH Subtitles

Click image for larger version

Name:	VS-120_web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	350354
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I watched Pigs tonight. Great little movie. Strange atmosphere. I seldom watch bonus features (too little time) but based on someone's recommendation in this very thread, I checked out the alternate opening and end sequences. The Love Exorcism one: WOW!!

Comment

• Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
        I watched Pigs tonight. Great little movie. Strange atmosphere. I seldom watch bonus features (too little time) but based on someone's recommendation in this very thread, I checked out the alternate opening and end sequences. The Love Exorcism one: WOW!!
        I agree with you 110%! Can't even emphasize how amazing this release is. Not trying to overhype, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my favorite VS release thus far. Also, everyone has to swoop on their Luther the Geek release, adore it more now than ever since it's truly a new viewing experience given the treatment VS was gracious enough to bestow upon it.

Comment

• I was wondering if VS can release their films for individual sale on their website, like the films in the upcoming Po No boxset in 2K downloads. I mean it really defeats the purpose of doing 2K scans of the films only to release them in 480P DVD's. I don't want to join a website and have to do streaming, but they could offer 2K downloads in H.265 codec, and the file size would not be gigantic, and it would play back on media centers. I just was wondering if VS has considered this. I just wish I could see these films in 2K, and 4K scans, but so far nothing has been released in anything higher than 1080P on blu ray, but if they were in 2K and 4K, I would go out and buy me a 4K TV today, nothing makes me update technology like seeing Rene Bond's beaver in 4K haha

Comment

• Loving VS's covers lately. Is Psychic Killer a good film?

Comment

Loving VS's covers lately. Is Psychic Killer a good film?
              I liked this film and this Blu also has Mary Wilcox on the cover. If you like The X-Files episode called "The Walk", then you will enjoy this film.

Comment

I would say so if you like oddball movies from the 70's. It's got a great cast, Neville Brand, and Aldo Ray. I'm always used to see Ray Danton as an actor in some pretty cool films, but here he directs and later went on to direct a shit ton of TV shows.

Comment

Its definitely a worthwhile drive-in / exploitation film. Ill probably upgrade, given VS blu's don't cost the earth.

Comment

• Massacre Video has been putting out some of the recent VS stuff on VHS- available here: http://massacrevideo.com/site/?product_cat=vhs

Recent additions include Corruption and Dolemite.

Me? I'd rather have the Blu-rays, but I know there are people out there who dig this and collect this stuff.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Vinegar Syndrome delving into more Spanish horror territory with Paul Naschy's COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE slated for Blu in the near future.
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• From the FB group:

"I'm currently on my way to record the very first ever interview with one of the most incredible and important women in the history of X rated films, for an upcoming release of course."

Click image for larger version

Name:	13055366_10207246588975405_3684118312553869898_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	350382

Anyone know who that is in that semi-blurry picture?
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I got this month's VS blu ray package today. I didn't get around to seeing "Dolemite" yet, but I did see "Trashy Lady". Man, VS keeps hitting home runs with their transfers. Another beautiful, film like presentation with Ginger Lynn looking absolutely drop dead stunning in HD! By the way, along with both blu rays, there was a small black envelope containing the "Candy" double feature blu ray. IF YOU RECEIVED IT, DO NOT DISCARD THIS! It is the fixed version( the initial pressing of the "Candy" double feature blu ray had a small glitch on it). If you still have the first pressing and didn't order directly from VS, contact them with your receipt and current shipping address and let them know that you want the fixed version.
                          Rakesh R.
                          Last edited by Rakesh R.; 04-20-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Anyone know who that is in that semi-blurry picture?
                            It's been confirmed that it's Helene Terrie.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I was rewatching my DVD of Taboo tonight, and now I can't wait for the blu ray of it, something tells me Kay Parker's boobs in HD is what HD was designed for, forget about the Fifth Element blu ray and all that other stuff people say is demo material, I say Kay Parker popping her boobs out in HD is the sole purpose of blu ray. Taboo 4 is where Jamie Gillis is the psychiatrist I think, I have seen him play a doctor more than once, and I am pretty sure Jamie Gillis should never have been issued a license to practice as a doctor haha, but he's great in any part, how many times was he credited as "rapist"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                From the FB group:

"I'm currently on my way to record the very first ever interview with one of the most incredible and important women in the history of X rated films, for an upcoming release of course."
                                Would that be "A Taste of Sugar" by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X