No announcement yet.

The Vinegar Syndrome Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope it's Devil's Nightmare, that movie needs a better release than that old Redemption non anamorphic release, and plus I read also the Redemption release is missing 2 minutes of lesbo action. It's one of the best early 70's Euro horror films ever in my opinion, I would love to see this one get a blu ray update.

Comment

• It took me a while to get to Infrasexum, mainly because I think you need to be in the right frame of mind for a Tobalina movie, but man, what a nutty-ass movie. I've got a full review done to post this week but in short, the whole thing is a weird mix of softcore bumping and grinding, B-grade crime highjinks and oddly personal drama about coming to terms with erectile dysfunction. Tobalina co-stars and I guess sort of plays himself? Anyone else check this out yet? This movie deserves a wider audience, it's full of WTF moments and while it doesn't make a whole lot of sense by the time it's all over and done with, getting to that nonsensical finale is pretty fun.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Is it on Exploitation.tv yet? Sounds up my alley. Tobalina is one of the 'almost good' directors.

Comment

• I don't know if it's there or not, can't check from work.

When the subject of Al Adamson came up on the VS FB group, 'Lee Jones' said:

"Severin is currently working on an Al Adamson related project. We have licensed a few of his films."
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• 'On the scanner' at VS HQ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	12974289_10153407429426922_8844190455092832598_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	350302
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              'On the scanner' at VS HQ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15150[/ATTACH]
              "The Candy Tangerine Man"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post

YYYYYYYEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Comment

• Confirmed on FB that VS has Al Adamson's Nurse Sherri.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    It took me a while to get to Infrasexum, mainly because I think you need to be in the right frame of mind for a Tobalina movie, but man, what a nutty-ass movie. I've got a full review done to post this week but in short, the whole thing is a weird mix of softcore bumping and grinding, B-grade crime highjinks and oddly personal drama about coming to terms with erectile dysfunction. Tobalina co-stars and I guess sort of plays himself? Anyone else check this out yet? This movie deserves a wider audience, it's full of WTF moments and while it doesn't make a whole lot of sense by the time it's all over and done with, getting to that nonsensical finale is pretty fun.
                    Yeah I loved it, Tobalina gets a lot of flack for being a poor director, but everything I've seen of his so far has been enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post
                      Is it really, I thought all copies of this films were lost or in rough shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                        Yeah I loved it, Tobalina gets a lot of flack for being a poor director, but everything I've seen of his so far has been enjoyable.
                        I like the Tobaline films I've seen released by VS too, they are enjoyable films, they aren't at the level of the top adult films, but they are fun, and definitely not bad films. I am glad to have them on DVD. I wanted to let VS know I loved their release of The 13th Pig, very good blu ray release. I had previously read about it in Nightmare USA by Stephen Thrower, and had never seen it before, but he said it was great, so I picked it up and really loved it.

Comment

• "Look for four more Blu-ray/DVD combo releases in the Vinegar Syndrome Blaxploitation series, coming soon, including: Moore's The Human Tornado (1976), the sequel to Dolemite, being released May 31; Petey Wheatstraw (1977), out June 28; and, finally, his absurdist classic, Disco Godfather (1979), available July 26.

Also, a don't-miss double-feature (together in one release) with Matt Cimber's The Candy Tangerine Man (1975), reportedly Samuel L. Jackson's all-time favorite Blaxploitation film, and Lady Cocoa (1975), out June 28. "
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• John Daniels and Lola Falana together again for the first time! Hopefully some extras on this Matt Cimber d/f.

Comment

• May release info is up...

Richard Mailer was a prolific and talented, though perpetually obscure, director who helmed nearly 100 films over his career. Presented here are two of his later efforts.

PHYSICAL ATTRACTION:
                              A young hooker is tired of her involvement in the sex trade and her pushy pimp. Her true passion is running and after meeting an enthusiastic coach who sees potential in her athletic abilities, she finds herself in training with the hope of making it to the Olympics.
                              D: Richard Mailer / 1984 / 87 min / Color / 1.85:1

CLASSICAL ROMANCE:
                              Paul Thomas stars as Eric, a frustrated musician who performs nightly at a piano bar. An encounter with a beautiful woman leads him on a journey of erotic self-discovery during which he must decide whether he will follow his heart or carnal pleasures.
                              D: Richard Mailer / 1984 / 86 min / Color / 1.85:1

Features Include:

• DVD | Region Free | 1.85:1 OAR
                              • Scanned and restored in 2k from 16mm original camera negative
                              • Original trailer for CLASSICAL ROMANCE

Name:	VS-118_web.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	350352
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Following the unprecedented success of his 1970 film Mona, director Howard Ziehm quickly established himself as a one-man filmmaking machine, directing dozens of boundary pushing sex films. Presented here are two of his most unique and important early works.

HARLOT:
                                Mary and Melody are best friends, though Melody is uncomfortable around Mary's sexual openness. After finally being coaxed into sexual experimentation, Melody begins to discover her erotic self and indulges in a series of sexual adventures, each wilder than the last. One of the most transgressive early X rated films, HARLOT is an avant-garde influenced, anti-establishment oddity, presented fully uncut for the first time on DVD.
                                D: Howard Ziehm / 1970 / 64 min / Color / 1.33:1

TIJUANA BLUE:
                                After discovering that his girlfriend is pregnant, a man named Jamie agrees to assist on a drug run from Tijuana back to LA so that he can raise the money necessary for an abortion. However upon his arrival in Mexico, he soon discovers that there may be more to the operation than drugs…
                                D: Howard Ziehm / 1971 / 92 min / Color / 1.33:1

Features Include:

• DVD | Region Free | 1.33:1 OAR
                                • Scanned and restored in 2k from 16mm vault elements
                                • Commentary track by director Howard Ziehm for HARLOT

Name:	VS-119_web.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	350353
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X