• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    Originally posted by Fundi View Post
    It would be a good idea if Steven did a boxset of the Henry Paris blu rays. I don't know if he's considering that or not, but, that would be one bad ass boxset :)
    Yes, that would be cool if he did that and completed the rest of the Metzger/Paris titles for blu ray:). They are great movies that really deserve a blu ray upgrade and killer packaging.
    Rakesh R.
    Last edited by Rakesh R.; 05-10-2016, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fundi
    replied
    It would be a good idea if Steven did a boxset of the Henry Paris blu rays. I don't know if he's considering that or not, but, that would be one bad ass boxset :)

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    Just to let everyone know, Steven has recently posted a response on April 30, 2016 on the Distribpix blog. When asked about the Howard titles and the rest of the Metzger/Paris films( i.e."Naked Came the Stranger", The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann", and "Maraschino Cherry") on blu ray, his response was "Yes, all are in the pipe, for sure, Scoundrels first. The others will follow quick". I honestly don't know if Steven meant just the Howard titles for blu ray or the Howard titles plus the rest of the Metzger/Paris titles on blu ray. Regardless, like I mentioned a while ago, we have to be patient and ultimately we will get rewarded with all his hard work.
    Rakesh R.
    Last edited by Rakesh R.; 05-10-2016, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    Originally posted by Keith H View Post
    Any date for "Blue Sunshine"?
    No definitive date yet until Steven posts on his Distribpix blog or his facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Keith H

• Keith H
    replied
    Any date for "Blue Sunshine"?

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    Originally posted by Fundi View Post
    and it's almost March, wasn't Scoundrels supposed to be out shortly after New Years? And nary a word of it in months. Not that I expected it to be released when they said it would be.
    I think Steven wants to finish up "Blue Sunshine" first.

Leave a comment:

• Fundi
    replied
    and it's almost March, wasn't Scoundrels supposed to be out shortly after New Years? And nary a word of it in months. Not that I expected it to be released when they said it would be.

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    I'm a friend of Steven Morowitz on facebook and trust me guys, he is hard at work. In fact, he has not posted anything on facebook in a long time due to him being busy on so many company related projects. The issue is he, like Don May Jr. of Synapse Films, wants to release quality products and that often means that it might take some time to finish. Also, keep in mind, Steven, like Don( yes, I know he has a partner at Synapse Films), is practically a lone wolf when it comes to running the company. We will eventually get excellent blu ray versions of "Blue Sunshine" and the Cecil Howard titles. A little patience is needed.

Leave a comment:

• Fundi
    replied
    I think the reason Barbara Broadcast on blu ray might have not sold as well as Misty Beethoven is that Distribpix kind of cheaped out on the blu ray, they didn't release all the content on the Barbara Broadcast dvd's on the blu ray version like they did with Misty Beethoven. The Barbara Broadcast blu ray was a BD25 and didn't have all the content of the DVD's, whereas the Misty Beethoven blu ray was a BD50 and contained all the content on the DVD's. I mean that's just my opinion. There's no reason all the content on the Barbara Broadcast DVD's couldn't have fit on a BD50 disc, like they did with Misty Beethoven. But I hope for some good stuff in the future with Blu ray release from Distribpix. I really don't put too much faith in them to release the things they promise though, I mean over the years they just issue these "updates" about all these things they say they will release, but then years go by and nothing ever gets released. I mean it's great that Distribpix has this museum full of films, but if they aren't going to share them with the world, what's the point of having them, and teasing us with some possible release at some undefined point in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Lalala76

• Lalala76
    replied
    There was a time when Distribpix could do no wrong. Those remastered Henry Paris titles amongst others were awesome. The Misty Beethoven Blu-ray was immense at the time, and was shortly followed by the equally amazing edition of Barbara Broadcast. it looked like great things were to follow. I was singing high praises that Steven had put so much time and effort into releasing these (after all he is a one man army isn't he).
    I get the impression that he was severely burned out after that, considering the Barbara Broadcast Blu-ray didn't sell that well in relation to production costs. I know they have released a few titles to dvd since then, but I feel that since then Vinegar syndrome have really taken up the challenge and have grown to an extent where they are becoming very difficult to beat. I sincerely hope Distribpix once more rise from the flames and produce some really great packages once more. The announcement of Blue Sunshine hasn't really wetted my appetite, but I know one day some awesome things will come. At least I hope.

I also get the impression, a bit like Don at Synapse, that Steven really takes his time and is in no hurry, but the end product usually is excellent.
    Lalala76
    Last edited by Lalala76; 02-08-2016, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fundi
    replied
    yeah I know what you mean Sean G. I was kind of disappointed that Distribpix got the rights to the Cecil Howard films, because I knew it would mean we would probably never get them released before the blu ray format becomes obsolete in the next 25 years lol.

Leave a comment:

• Sean G.

• Sean G.
    replied
    I certainly wish Distribxpix would hurry things up just a bit in general. I know these things take time, but their output in the last few years has been very small, so getting this Blu-ray announcement months ago, it's fairly disappointing that it still has yet to materialize.

Leave a comment:

• Fundi
    replied
    Just wondering if anyone's read anything about the release of Scoundrels or anything else coming from Distribpix anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• Fundi
    replied
    It's getting close to January, any release date been announced yet for Scoundrels? Also anyone know if Roommates will ever be released? I am glad to see these upcoming Command Cinema releases, but I hope it doesn't mean Distribpix, will ignore the films they already owned, and were planning to put out, as many of their own films are as good or better than Command Cinemas films, films such as Roommates, Through the Looking Glass, Tigresses, etc.

Leave a comment:

• zach

• zach
    replied
    no problem, glad i could help!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X