Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOODY PIT OF HORROR coming to Blu-ray from Severin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BLOODY PIT OF HORROR coming to Blu-ray from Severin

    Transferred from the Italian original camera negative, with an audio commentary track. This will mark the NTSC debut of the Italian version, and will have both English and Italian audio tracks.

  • #2
    Fuck yeah!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Fantastic, fingers crossed they nail it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Severin uploaded the following interview that wasn't completed in time for the disc

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for posting this.

          Comment


          • #6
            No problem.

            Seems to be a few special features creators missing their deadlines. (Well this and the Dune doc that was dropped from the Arrow release.)

            Comment


            • #7
              The bookshelf creeper in me wished for a little deeper depth of field, but yeah, that was good. The included footage looks good too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                No problem.

                Seems to be a few special features creators missing their deadlines. (Well this and the Dune doc that was dropped from the Arrow release.)
                Yeah, that Dune doc was half baked even in its final version. It really needed more time on production and post production.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                  Yeah, that Dune doc was half baked even in its final version. It really needed more time on production and post production.
                  I hate to be negative, but I have to admit that I generally do not care for Ballyhoo Motion Pictures' special features. Just about the only special features that I find are usually worth watching these days are the in-house Severin special features, the in-house Criterion stuff, and Red Shirt's stuff.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                    The bookshelf creeper in me wished for a little deeper depth of field, but yeah, that was good. The included footage looks good too.
                    You can get a clearer look at Roberto Curti's mighty bookshelves on the special features for the Camera Obscura/Arrow Eurocrime releases, and 'Katarsis'/'Challenge the Devil' from Severin's Christopher Lee box set, amongst others..... feels as if I've spent a good deal of time gazin' at 'em recently in fact.

                    But yeah, wonderful to see the 'Bloody Pit..' footage looking so good - can't wait!

                    Interesting to learn that the US version (which is the one I believe I've probably watched in the past) was missing nine minutes of wandering around/dialogue footage, compared to the Italian cut. So, I'm guessing that the Severin release will feature one of the those annoying "English audio reverts to Italian for the bits which weren't dubbed" kind of scenarios...?
                    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                      You can get a clearer look at Roberto Curti's mighty bookshelves on the special features for the Camera Obscura/Arrow Eurocrime releases, and 'Katarsis'/'Challenge the Devil' from Severin's Christopher Lee box set, amongst others.....
                      Haha, perfect, thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                        No problem.

                        Seems to be a few special features creators missing their deadlines. (Well this and the Dune doc that was dropped from the Arrow release.)
                        man, I wish troy howarth and dr. waddell would miss some of their deadlines.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X