• Show
Clear All

• Troma Releasing The Sexy Box

Coming to Blu-ray 1/18 from Troma

The Sexy Box:
    Waitress (1981)
    The First Turn-On! (1983)
    Stuck On You (1982)

Before conceiving the phenomenal *TOXIC AVENGER* franchise, exploitation moguls Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz produced and directed three raunchy, ensemble teen sex comedies which launched the famed Troma dynasty. Predating *PORKY'S* and *SCREWBALLS*, these outrageous, horny romps celebrate the best of 80s teen life -- wet t-shirt contests, summer camp debauchery, recreational pharmaceuticals, bodacious ta-tas and bulging jean-shorts!

Click image for larger version

Name:	241840253_1505254799817734_7908607894745716257_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	371727
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wish they'd release THE LOVE-THRILL MURDERS, which they once released on VHS back in the day. Perhaps their rights to it expired at some point? I thought they might release it when Tarantino's ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobla View Post
      I wish they'd release THE LOVE-THRILL MURDERS, which they once released on VHS back in the day.
      That is such an underrated flick. I'm happy to have the VHS version, but I'd love to see VS or Troma release it on Blu one of these days. I actually requested it at the VS website, but that was a long time ago.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

It's been so long since Troma released THE LOVE-THRILL MURDERS that I have to imagine that they no longer have the rights. However, Lloyd Kaufman is a bit player in the cast, so who knows?

Another cast oddity is Renay Granville, the daughter of golden age actress Bonita Granville. Renay's only other film appearance was in PATTY, another counter-culture crime film.
        Jobla
        Last edited by Jobla; 09-12-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Diabolik has this in stock. Who's gonna take one for the team?

Comment

Also available on Amazon in Canada. I'm interested just not sure how interested. Likely the print quality is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
              Also available on Amazon in Canada. I'm interested just not sure how interested. Likely the print quality is terrible.
              Sweet. I ordered it, because Troma stuff is sometimes hard to get once the initial stock runs out.

Comment

Well, to absolutely no one's surprise, this box set is fucked up. The box itself is sort of flimsy cardboard, but I was happy to see that each movie gets it's own case with original artwork. So far, so good. I decided to watch WAITRESS! first and right away I was impressed with the solid transfer (presented around 1.85:1) buuuuuut.... there's a weird video glitch about 2 minutes in and the audio goes out-of-sync. Badly. I only watched it for another 25 minutes or so, just to see if the audio would ever match the lips and it sort of starts to, but it's still off a bit and, as you can imagine, it's pretty distracting. I haven't checked the other two films yet, but I'll report back when I do.

Comment

Will be interested to hear how the rest of the box set is.

Comment

I checked out THE FIRST TURN-ON!! this afternoon and there are no issues to report. Solid transfer, no audio-sync issues and 1.85:1 widescreen. It's easily the best it's ever looked.

Comment

Hmm...good to hear about the transfers but that glitch...I suspect these are all going to show up on Tubi eventually. Should I take the plunge? Completely unrelated: how much T&A do these films feature so far?

Comment

The First Turn-On is now getting a standalone release on 6/3.

Digitally Remastered Feature Presentation
                        Red Hot Lloyd Kaufman Introduction
                        The Naked Truth About Troma! Flashbacks With Troma's Early Stars
                        Steamy Director's Commentary
                        No Regional Coding Fore-Playable Worldwide!
                        Sheila Kennedy New 2019 Interview
                        Classic Troma Trailers

Click image for larger version

Name:	273303014_1605055473170999_1045261854482255760_n.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	386942
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Replacement program in place for The Waitress.

https://www.tromadirect.com/waitress-replacement/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Supposedly the replacement disc has exactly the same fault as the original disc. That's easily the funniest thing Troma have ever done.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                            X