The Code Red DVD Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for posting that video ^_^
    Was most interesting. He seems much less of a dick than he is on the web.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
      . He seems much less of a dick than he is on the web.
      Haha...dont we all????

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
        Thanks for posting that video ^_^
        Was most interesting. He seems much less of a dick than he is on the web.
        I think the video gave him a positive spin, and people on facebook seem to have lightened up a bit seeing the man talk in person.

Comment

• He doesn't seem to be terribly passionate about the business or releasing exploitation movies (big surprise). I don't think he came off that great. He comes off as very "Yeah, this is just for the money. I get what I can... Whatever."

Compare this to Bob Murawksi or Don May who are huge fans of these movies and have that infectious love of these movies and want to go above and beyond to release the movies in the right way.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Bill does care about what he releases, but his enthusiasm has diminished due to the cut-throat nature of the home video business.

Comment

• Well when you're doing an interview you have to show enthusiasm, otherwise why do it?
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• P
                Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                He doesn't seem to be terribly passionate about the business or releasing exploitation movies (big surprise). I don't think he came off that great. He comes off as very "Yeah, this is just for the money. I get what I can... Whatever."

Compare this to Bob Murawksi or Don May who are huge fans of these movies and have that infectious love of these movies and want to go above and beyond to release the movies in the right way.
                This video confirms for me that the online persona of Bill is just that - a persona. I've long thought this whole, "Wildman owner of a label" was used for creating drama and helping to keep sales moving. Now I'm sure of it. Still doesn't excuse his behaviour towards customers, but it's clear now that he's more clever than I thought. Well played, Bill, well played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                  Well when you're doing an interview you have to show enthusiasm, otherwise why do it?
                  This interview should be played back to back with the Barry Prima interview on the Mondo Macabro THE DEVIL'S SWORD disc. You want unenthusiastic, look no further than 'ol Barry. He makes Bill look like Jim Carrey by comparison.

Comment

• But VS and Synapse don't press anywhere near that many. Their print runs are in fact similar to his. Pity he won't work with the other labels, imagine VS doing the lab work for Code Red.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loversnacks View Post
                      Bill does care about what he releases, but his enthusiasm has diminished due to the cut-throat nature of the home video business.
                      I think Bill made it pretty clear that he doesn't care for the movies he releases and that he would like to be "working with the majors". I've heard the same sentiments in some of his commentary tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                        I think Bill made it pretty clear that he doesn't care for the movies he releases and that he would like to be "working with the majors". I've heard the same sentiments in some of his commentary tracks.
                        Every independent label wishes they could be working with the majors...there are no exceptions. ( ;

People that actually believe Bill doesn't care about the films that he releases just don't understand his style, which after all of these years, his love for cinema should be obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loversnacks View Post
                          Every independent label wishes they could be working with the majors...there are no exceptions. ( ;

People that actually believe Bill doesn't care about the films that he releases just don't understand his style, which after all of these years, his love for cinema should be obvious.
                          No, he flat out says he's in it to make a living (and there's nothing wrong with that). I've never heard him speak well about any of the titles he's released. He talks about all of his releases as if the films are garbage. He acts as if he can't comprehend why anyone would like the films he gets. He doesn't say it in an endearing way. It's not just his"style". He's a no no nonsense businessman that has found a niche he can serve. His disdain for the films he releases is obvious in everything he does. And that is "obvious".

On the other hand, Walt often speaks well of his releases. It sounds like some of his releases are "bucket list" material.
                          Jason C
                          Last edited by Jason C; 07-24-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Ha! This was nice to see on the Blu-ray.com forum....

Click image for larger version

Name:	code-red-br.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	348668

I'm not sure if I know either of those guys or not but it's nice that they wrote that and feel that way.

And for the record, no, CR doesn't send us anything. If they did, we'd cover it.

I emailed Bill when the site first started but never heard back and figure he knows how to get ahold of me if he wants to.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Jesus christ, you guys thought he came off good in that interview?

You must have had pretty low expectations.
                              www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

• I thought thought he came across as very bitter. Still, I can't fault his enthusiasm for Cornel Wilde's SHARK'S TREASURE.

Comment

Working...
                                X