The Code Red DVD Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.mondo-digital.com/butcherbaker.html

I've only seen the film once as a torrent so I'll be buying the bd in a couple of weeks. I was pretty knocked over by the whole thing as I didn't expect anything, really. Figured it would just suck, be a bore, or whatever.

Comment

• Looks like Cry Of A Prostitute is missing a bit of fairly inconsequential dialogue. Doesn't sound like a deal breaker to me. Maybe someone more familiar with the film can chime in.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....8746&page=1657
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christophah Maghen @ blu-ray.com
        Funny thing about this so called sucky thread. Those tough guys over at RockShopPop forums really need to work on their logic.

First, they make the statement "Those bluray.com forums, I mean, they have sooo many rules who would want to be a member on a forum like that"

Then, when the thread starts to get a little crazy they all start posting "that bluray.com code red thread, doesnt that site have moderators"?
        We're famous!

Comment

• Well, logic is tricky...

But "many rules" and "no moderators" is not a contradiction.
          Stephen
          Last edited by Stephen; 07-24-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• This has been going on for a few days, apparently there are some 'fucking douchebags' here. I have tried to point out that we're not the ones constantly provoking each other and acting like children when different opinions are raised, but it doesn't wash over there. Anyway according to their moderator we're insignificant over here (apparently it's all about the numbers game and thus the affiliate dollar) which is fine by me if it means we're spared the likes of some of them.
            agent999
            Last edited by agent999; 07-24-2017, 12:37 PM.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
              Anyway according to their moderator we're insignificant over here (apparently it's all about the numbers game and thus the affiliate dollar) which is fine by me if it means we're spared the likes of some of them.
              Ha, I saw that this morning. Thanks for sticking up, Agent999. There are a lot of good posters over there and plenty of people who really know their stuff. There are also some more interested in debating slipcovers and obsessively watching tracking #'s and what not. What they do over there is different, and that's fine. RSP serves a very different purpose than that site, and I didn't realize it was a competition, but hey, whatever works.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                Anyway according to their moderator we're insignificant over here (apparently it's all about the numbers game and thus the affiliate dollar) which is fine by me if it means we're spared the likes of some of them.
                that guy is a complete idiot, reading worthwhile reviews on r!s!p! maybe finally turned his brain into a sponge.

BTW cry of a prostitute is cut, watch his fanboys @blu-ray.com go full defense mode
                "leave poor bill alone! / he is only a one man operation! / he has no money! / when he personally insults me, he reminds me of my violent alcoholic stepfather".

Comment

• Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post

BTW cry of a prostitute is cut, watch his fanboys @blu-ray.com go full defense mode
                  "leave poor bill alone! / he is only a one man operation! / he has no money! / when he personally insults me, he reminds me of my violent alcoholic stepfather".
                  Ha!
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Looks like Cry Of A Prostitute is missing a bit of fairly inconsequential dialogue. Doesn't sound like a deal breaker to me. Maybe someone more familiar with the film can chime in.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....8746&page=1657
                    I haven't gone through it with a fine-tooth comb yet, but I did notice it was missing a shot of the severed head at the morgue near the beginning. On the Italian DVD, the shot opens with a close-up of the severed head, which the pathologist then takes to the slab and places under the sheet with its body. The Code Red blu opens with him already at the body.

Comment

• One thing that bothers me about bluray.com is that they never review Code Red titles.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Holecheck View Post
                        I haven't gone through it with a fine-tooth comb yet, but I did notice it was missing a shot of the severed head at the morgue near the beginning. On the Italian DVD, the shot opens with a close-up of the severed head, which the pathologist then takes to the slab and places under the sheet with its body. The Code Red blu opens with him already at the body.
                        I remember that severed head shot from the fansubbed dvd-r I watched a few nights ago. So that's two issues that have been found, the missing bit of dialogue & this shot. Sure hope there's not more to come.

I guess it was too much to hope it was complete with no issues...

Comment

• Oh no, the missing dialogue seems pretty trivial, but the one you discovered Bruce Holecheck sounds like a censorship cut.

Comment

• Well my initial elation of Cry of the Prostitute has turned a bit sour hearing that the film is cut. There are so many films that CR has released that are missing footage, some even trimmed to shreds like Night of the 1000 cats. CR should really just stay away from releasing Italian films.

Comment

• I believe much of this has to do with the fact that Bill doesn't seem to know anything about Italian genre films, while he's very knowledgable about American exploitation cinema. He just releases whatever master the license holders provide him with, without checking for instance early VHS releases to see if the source is complete. If you are to believe his internet persona, he just doesn't give a shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                                One thing that bothers me about bluray.com is that they never review Code Red titles.
                                They have done a handful. Bill has a problem sending screeners, he tries to send discs in a paper sleeve,
                                reviewers balk and demand fully completed packages ( which Bill feels they can then re sell easier ). He has ranted extensively on this topic on several occasions when the question comes up.

Well, the bad news about PROSTITUTE should spread like wildfire over there.
                                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X