Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severin Releasing Blood & Flesh: The Reel life & Ghastly Death Of Al Adamson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    So, how y'all enjoyin' those Al Adamson movies? First one I watched was HALF WAY TO HELL, which was mercifully brief. It was fun seeing Al on-camera in this one.

    Comment


    • #62
      Nobody?!

      Next thing I watched was the documentary. Pretty solid, I thought. Didn't get lost in the weeds, maintained interest.

      Comment


      • #63
        Starting today, and going until Sunday, the boxed set is being covered on the main page. I don't know why I do this to myself sometimes.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Starting today, and going until Sunday, the boxed set is being covered on the main page. I don't know why I do this to myself sometimes.
          Because it feels soo good when you stop?

          My hat is off to you as I sure couldn't sit through all of those films.
          "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

          Comment


          • #65
            By the time all 7 parts are done this is going to be more of a small book than a review. It's going to hit 40 pages of single-spaced text and probably have about 600 or so screen caps.

            I'm on reduced hours at work right now so I guess this is a good use of my time?
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Starting today, and going until Sunday, the boxed set is being covered on the main page. I don't know why I do this to myself sometimes.
              Thanks. I am stuck on my phone for another week, and it defaults right to the forums, so I was unaware.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                By the time all 7 parts are done this is going to be more of a small book than a review. It's going to hit 40 pages of single-spaced text and probably have about 600 or so screen caps.

                I'm on reduced hours at work right now so I guess this is a good use of my time?
                Thanks for the effort, Ian! We appreciate it.

                It'll probably be another couple of weeks until I get my copy, so your reviews are tiding me over until then. I salute you for your commitment to doing this within a week's time. It will probably take me 6-9 months to get through it all!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Thanks Chris! I just got a replacement disc for the defective disc 8, so that'll get covered tomorrow.

                  This is definitely the biggest review project I've ever undertaken - but the end is in sight!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Need a spot the KFC thread.

                    I'm glad this set is so expensive otherwise I'd end up buying it and hating myself.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Boy, this is a handsomely produced set. Sturdy, nicely designed -- on par with something from Arrow. What a true labor of love.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Agree`
                        It's a beauty and I am impressed & so happy I picked it up.

                        Wow some of these movies are bad and no fun at all though,
                        the contrast between content & presentation is high at times.
                        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          On sale next week...

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	al.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	358404
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Oh Jesus, I'm probably going to buy this set now. Some people get their kicks from nailing their dick to a board. How I envy them...
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Oh Jesus, I'm probably going to buy this set now. Some people get their kicks from nailing their dick to a board. How I envy them...
                              There's still time to save yourself
                              Breathe slowly, listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLhvMgucWns
                              and softly repeat over and over "I love myself, I am a sane person, I don't need to buy this"

                              PS: I've thought about buying the set myself. Maybe I'll take my own advice and do the above.
                              George Barry
                              Senior Member
                              Last edited by George Barry; 06-09-2020, 09:45 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by George Barry View Post
                                There's still time to save yourself
                                Breathe slowly, listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLhvMgucWns
                                and softly repeat over and over "I love myself, I am a sane person, I don't need to buy this"

                                PS: I've thought about buying the set myself. Maybe I'll take my own advice and do the above.
                                Ah, Ron's brother!

                                Actually, this may be the last month for a while when I can make frivolous purchases so it would be a great way to go out.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X