Contamination Blu from Arrow coming in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contamination Blu from Arrow coming in June

Arrow's US distributor jumped the gun an posted the specs for their June releases and this is one of them:
    Contamination Blu Ray/DVD
    Luigi Cozzi's Contamination takes the premise of Ridley Scott's classic Alien and peppers it with exploding guts galore
    List Price: $39.95

Branded as a "video nasty" in the UK, director Luigi Cozzi's Contamination takes the premise of Ridley Scott's classic Alien and peppers it with exploding guts galore and a dangerously infectious soundtrack from celebrated Italian prog-rockers Goblin (Deep Red, Suspiria). A cargo ship drifts up the Hudson River. Its crew: all dead, their bodies horribly mutilated, turned inside out by an unknown force. Its freight: boxes upon boxes of glowing, pulsating green eggs. It soon becomes clear that these eggs are not of this planet, and someone intends to cultivate them here on Earth. But who? And to what end? Starring Italian horror veteran Ian McCulloch (Zombie Flesh Eaters), Contamination is an ultra-violent sci-fi epic that really gets under the skin. In space, no one can hear you scream - but on Earth, the terror rings loud and clear!

Bonus Materials
    High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
    Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    2014 Q&A with Cozzi and star Ian McCulloch, recorded at Abertoir Film Festival
    Luigi Cozzi on the Creation of Contamination í¢â‚¬â€œ an archive documentary hosted by the director and including behind-the-scenes footage
    Theatrical Trailer
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
    Collectorí¢â‚¬â„¢s booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Sales Points
    New special features and artwork
    Sci-fi horror ALIEN rip-off
    Worldwide Blu-ray premiere
    Director-approved release
    Director support for PR

Format: BLU-RAY
    SKU: MVD7368BR
    UPC: 760137736899
    Street Date: 06/23/15
    PreBook Date: 05/19/15
    Label: Arrow Video »
    Genre: Horror
    Run Time: 95 mins
    Number of Discs: 2
    Audio: STEREO
    Year of Production: 1980
    Director: Luigi Cozzi
    Actors: Ian McCulloch, Louise Marleau, Marino MasíƒÂ©
    Box Lot: 30
    Territory: US
    Language: English
    Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher
    Last edited by Derrick King; 02-14-2015, 03:33 PM.

This is amazing news!

Comment

Cover art.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is a massive improvement over the BU DVD! I've just finished a (6,000 word - whew!) review with some screengrabs comparing the Blu-ray with BU's DVD: http://www.dvdcompare.net/review.php?rid=3756

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I love any film featuring Alien eggs. I will upgrade this for sure!
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Nice review Paul, those screen grabs show a huge improvement, I'm going to move this release into my wishlist.

Comment

Goblin

Comment

Working...
              X