No announcement yet.

Kickstart BLOODY FRIDAY - Restoration campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, is the version on the single disc edition of Bloody Friday the longer cut? And are the only things missing from the multi disc version, the alternate cuts of the film? Oh, and is the single disc edition English friendly? The older releases in the Deutsche vita series only had English options for the more expensive special editions.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
      Hey, is the version on the single disc edition of Bloody Friday the longer cut? And are the only things missing from the multi disc version, the alternate cuts of the film? Oh, and is the single disc edition English friendly?
      Yes, yes, and yes. It's the same disc as in the multi version.
      You'll miss actually nothing except for the alternate cuts and a few little fragments from the Italian release print.
      Each of them contains alternate material you won't find on the single disc with the Extended Cut.

The older releases in the Deutsche vita series only had English options for the more expensive special editions.
      Not exactly. The first three numbers had English options in the special editions, the singles came from other distributors.
      From #4 on, all the single discs are the same discs as in the EDV series, just without the Digipak, the liner notes and the DVD

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, mr. Klett! Will definetly grab this next time I order from D&T.

Comment

Looks like this go reissued.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...o-region-free/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Unbelievable that Diabolik still has 7 copies of this in stock; if things were normal this would've sold out in 20 minutes.

I'm too worried about ordering anything from the States right now, or else I'd be all over this (and about 5 other titles that they added yesterday, including a region-free BD of KING OF THE KICKBOXERS)
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Finally got around to watching the extended cut of this. Nearly spat my drink out when Heinz rapes the lesbian woman and we get a graphic few shots of lesbian sex whist she tries to masque the act. It's a violent film, but those close up shots just seemed really out of place and caught me totally off guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                Finally got around to watching the extended cut of this. Nearly spat my drink out when Heinz rapes the lesbian woman and we get a graphic few shots of lesbian sex whist she tries to masque the act. It's a violent film, but those close up shots just seemed really out of place and caught me totally off guard.
                This one is going out of print, once the copies that are out there are gone, that's it (as per Subkulture).
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Kickstarter Edition in that cool bag holds a prime display spot on the bookshelf in my den. One of my favorite releases of all time.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Finally got off my arse and ordered this.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Excitingly shot against the undeniably picturesque backdrop of Bavaria, Germany, Rolf Olsen's schnapps-sharp 70s shoot 'em up, 'Blutiger Freitag (1972) (aka) 'Bloody Friday' is a bullet-shredded, blazingly brutal, Euro-crime classic! This bona fide, bloody-knuckled German icon of cult Grindhouse cinema benefits greatly from red-headed rapscallion, Raimund Harmstorf's super-masculine charisma, its appealing Munich exteriors, and suitably energized score. Olsen's grimy, full-throttle exploitation epic,'Blutiger Freitag' is certainly no less skull-rattling an experience than equally flint-edged poliziotteschi classics, 'Bloody Payroll', 'Violent Naples', 'Almost Human', and Michael Apted's vastly underappreciated Brit-crime masterpiece, 'The Squeeze'.

With its unleavened thuggery, exhilaratingly cavalier vehicular carnage,
                      close quarters douchbaggery, and an unfiltered, genuinely terrifying performance from the muscular, enigmatic actor, Raimund Harmstorf; a force of corrupted nature, his bellicose, hugely misogynist misfit, Klett frequently indulges in bloody bouts of splenetic, bone-breaking violence; all the while cutting a darkly erotic dash in bespoke grungy, 1970s turtleneck sweater'd, leather-jacketed chic! 'Blutiger Freitag' is one of those rare 70s actioners that more than lives up to the fanboy hype, all its destructive Alpha energies resolutely undimmed! Throw in a sinuous crime-funk score from the estimable composer, Francesco 'New York Ripper' De Masi, and you have an all-time, Top Ten-list making, gun-happy Goliath of German grindhouse madness that deliriously delivers bravura, hard-boiled 70s skulduggery unlike any other German film from then, or now. Prost!!!!

'Twisted Alpha Dog, Raimund Harmstorf's hateful heist-merchant, Heinz Klett, is one psychotically sour Kraut!!!' - Weirdlingwolf.

'This meaty, Bratwurst-bursting bacchanal of Bavarian B-Movie mayhem will have you coming back for more!' - Tor Bronson - Heroic Blood Shed.

Attached Files

Comment

• Matt H.
                        Matt H.
                        Matt H. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did Mondo Macabro put this out on Blu, or did I just dream that? I'd love to see someone put out a Rolf Olsen boxset. I've read reviews of his films INN OF THE GRUESOME DOLLS and TRIP WITH THE DEVIL in Shock Cinema and they both sound incredible.

Merging this with the existing thread...
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Matt, I think MM just distributed the Subkultur version in the US.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          Matt, I think MM just distributed the Subkultur version in the US.
                          That's exactly what happened.

The Subkultur release is awesome, btw. The movie really holds up too. Seems like it should be better known than it is.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

INN OF THE GRUESOME DOLLS will get a release from Subkultur in their ongoing "EDV" series soon, probably early next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X