Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Laid An Egg

A fairly cryptic FB posting says:

"Weiter geht es mit den sensationellen Ankí¼ndigungen fí¼r 2015: Laut dem User mondomedia auf dirty-pictures.de, erscheinen die beiden Gialli DIE FALLE [La morte ha fatto l'uovo] (1968) und DIE MíœHLE DER JUNGFRAUEN [Yellow: le cugine] (1969) im kommenden Jahr in deutschsprachigen Raum auf Blu-ray. Beide mit Neuabtastungen vom Negativ bzw. Positiv. Man darf gespannt sein!"

Bing tells me that means this:

"It continues with the sensational announcements for 2015: the two producer appear the case according to the user mondomedia on dirty-pictures.de, [La morte ha fatto l ' uovo] (1968) and the mill of VIRGINS [yellow: le cugine] (1969) in the coming year in the German-speaking world on Blu-ray. Both with new samples of the negative or positive. It should be interesting!"

So basically it's getting a German Blu-ray release. Will it be English friendly? Doesn't seem we know just yet. Fingers crossed....

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hopefully it'll be uncut too.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I didn't think much of the film. Very trippy, swinging 60's aesthetic but it didn't offer much beyond that for me. Lizard in a Woman's Skin and even Torso (parts of Torso for sure) not only captured that period but also were just better stories.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I really like it, to be honest. It's a 'Marmite' film though, I'll freely admit :)
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          I didn't think much of the film. Very trippy, swinging 60's aesthetic but it didn't offer much beyond that for me.
          same here. I'd say I'm not a big fan of most of the pre-argento gialli ... except for fulci and bava of course!

Comment

Terrific news...what's not to like?
            Headless & wingless chickens? Ewa Aulin?
            What else can you double feature with DEADLY SWEET?
            Def. not in the giallo category though. Bizzaro euro trash murder thriller maybe, but that barely scratches the ground covered here.
            https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Illusions Unlimited are releasing this. Its German language with English subs.

Will try and post the cover art and specs.

Comment

German version of this film is also the longest version with scenes not on the Japanese DVD.
                Hopefully the BD represents this cut of the film.
                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Has anyone seen this and if so, can you comment on the quality? I'd be down with DLAE on Blu-ray but I'm hearing this release isn't so hot.

http://www.amazon.de/Giallo-Double-F...bluraycom04-21

Click image for larger version

Name:	61uX6JoXXuL._SX425_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	348418
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've seen it and thought it looked okay, maybe not stunning but not awful either. Maybe someone else can weigh in on it...One drawback though is that the only audio option is German (on the other film too). English subs of course but not at least having Italian spoken is a minus.

I will say that after not particularly caring for this film on first view years ago I have completely changed my mind and really enjoyed it this go around. Of course it helps to have a decent presentation (my old copy was a scratchy letterboxed bootleg) but I also think I'm more receptive these days to this decidedly non-traditional giallo. Some really fantastic camera work in this and of course Ewa Aulin in HD is pretty damn mesmerizing.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I watched the Italian cut, and yes it doesn't look that hot (possibly SD), but I also switched to the German version and it looked worse. Ive not watched Yellow yet. I must admit with all the talk of this film as a top tier Giallo, I actually was pretty bored with Death Laid an egg. Will give it another go, further down the line seeing how I paid for the blu-ray.

Comment

Thanks, La. I'll pass on this then.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I really wanted to like Death Laid an Egg but just couldn't. It's weird as balls but it just doesn't do it for me.
                          "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

Originally posted by slizwiz View Post
                            It's weird as balls
                            It's way weirder than my balls... but I love it anyway. Definitely a 'Marmite' film though.

Comment

Now I understand.
                              "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

Working...
                              X