No announcement yet.

Death Laid An Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will announce a street date for the non-limited discs when we have shipped the crowd-funding edition. Shouldn't be long to wait now. :)

Comment

Ah... I will get the crowd-funding edition. So I'm looking for the shipping date. Can we hope for March...?

Comment

Discs were posted out last Friday.

Comment

I'm in Baltimore and mine arrived today.

Comment

Thanks mjeon. I'm anxiously waiting for these.

Comment

Received the package last week and I'm very happy with both releases. These are two beauties!

I realised that these are # 3 and 4 of Nucleus' "European Cult Cinema Collection" and placed them beside # 1 and 2, the equally great Jess Franco releases. Now I'm very interested what # 5 will be...

Comment

Man, I did not like this at all. Perhaps I wasn't in the mood for it, but I found it to be really dumb.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  Man, I did not like this at all. Perhaps I wasn't in the mood for it, but I found it to be really dumb.
                  I haven't seen this since the first Japanese DVD was released but that was my take on it when I saw it. Not sure if it's just not gelling with me or if it's the films rarity up till now that is responsible for the rep it's got.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Always been considered a polarizing title, nothing new there.

Still working through LADY F before I dig into EGG.
                    LADY F has stunningly awesome supplements. So great.
                    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I did not enjoy DEATH LAID AN EGG. It's too swinging sixties for me. This is one of those films where the heavy handed anti-capitalist message was mildly obnoxious as well. That said, I loved the commentary track. I had a blast listening to Kim Newman and Alan Jones as pointed out amusing things like the fancy chicken artwork. The context they provided with many of their observations gives me hope that I could enjoy the Giallo version if I were to give any try sometime. They spoke of DJANGO KILL, another Questi film I didn't care for, which has me ready to give that film another go. So while the film wasn't my cup-of-tea, I'm thrilled to own it and can guarantee I'll give it another spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                        DJANGO KILL, another Questi film I didn't care for
                        really? this is easily in my top 10 of spaghetti westerns, but then again I'm a big fan of sw's with surreal or psychedelic images. stuff like yankee (tinto brass), johnny hamlet (castellari), requiescant, matalo! or dove si spara di pií¹.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          Depends wether you watch the BUTCHERED US release or not. The Nucleus release includes the complete UNCUT film.

Comment

Cult Epics is rereleasing this using the Nucleus restorations
                            2K RESTORATION AND RECONSTRUCTION OF THE COMPLETE DIRECTOR'S CUT prepared by Nucleus Films (104 mins)
                            NEW 2K RESTORATION OF THE 'GIALLO' CUT prepared by Nucleus Films (91 mins)
                            NEW Audio Commentary by giallo expert Troy Howard and Nathaniel Thompson of Mondo Digital
                            Short film directed by Giulio Questi
                            Slipcase limited with fluorescent inks (first 2000 units only)
                            AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Received the package last week and I'm very happy with both releases. These are two beauties!

I realised that these are # 3 and 4 of Nucleus' "European Cult Cinema Collection" and placed them beside # 1 and 2, the equally great Jess Franco releases. Now I'm very interested what # 5 will be...
                              This one which is out next month over here in the UK.

Comment

Full press release for the Cult Epics release.

GIULIO QUESTI'S “DEATH LAID AN EGG” Special Edition premiering OCTOBER 13TH with new 2K transfers and bonus features in North America

Los Angeles, CA (August, 2020.)

3 years since the original DLAE release, Cult Epics is happy to announce it has reached a deal with Nucleus Films, UK to utilize their 2K Masters and have now produced a dual-layered Blu-ray with two new versions of the film and new bonus features as a Special edition of Death Laid an Egg, including a new audio commentary by Troy Howarth & Nathaniel Thompson, among others. Synopsis: Cult Epics is proud to present DEATH LAID AN EGG (1968), directed by auteur filmmaker Giulio Questi (DJANGO KILL!, ARCANA) and starring legendary leading man Jean-Louis Trintignant (THE CONFORMIST) as a married man and suspected serial killer, Gina Lollobrigida (BEAT THE DEVIL) as his delectable yet overly domineering careerist wife, and Swedish blonde bombshell Ewa Aulin (CANDY) as his murderous double-crossing mistress in this mystery thriller.

DEATH LAID AN EGG is an avant-garde giallo that is more pertinent today than when it was first released in terms of its quite modern depiction of the battle of the sexes and the perils of technology. This Special Edition includes the Director's cut, alongside the alternate International giallo “Plucked” version, both in fully restored 2K HD transfers, with completely new bonus features and limited edition slipcase printed with fluorescent inks to emulate the original theatrical poster.

DEATH LAID AN EGG (Special Edition) Blu-ray
                                Price: $34.95
                                Street Date: October 13, 2020
                                Production Year: 1968
                                Video run time: Approx. 105/91 Mins
                                Language: English and Italian language w/optional English subtitles
                                Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
                                Audio: LPCM 2.0 Mono
                                Label: Cult Epics
                                Distributor: CAV
                                Blu-ray Cat.no. CE-173
                                BD UPC: 88119001739
                                Rating: Not Rated
                                Region: Region Free

NEW SPECIAL FEATURES
                                . 2K HD Transfer (from original 35mm negative) of Director's cut version in English and Italian language (105 mins)
                                . Director's Cut Audio Commentary by Troy Howarth (Author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films vol. 1, 2, 3) and Nathaniel Thompson (Author of DVD Delirium and founder of Mondo Digital)
                                . 2K HD Transfer (from original 35mm negative) of alternate International giallo “Plucked” version in English and Italian language (91 mins)
                                . Review by Italian critic Antonio Bruschini HD
                                . Giulio Questi: The Outsider - the last interview HD 2010 (13 mins)
                                . Doctor Schizo and Mister Phrenic (2002) Short film by Giulio Questi (15 mins)
                                . English & Italian language Trailers HD
                                . Lossless LPCM 2.0 Mono audio
                                . Optional English subtitles for Italian language versions and trailer
                                . Dual-layered disc
                                . Slipcase with fluorescent inks & Reversible sleeve with original Italian poster limited to first 2000 copies printed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Death-Laid-an-Egg-SE-Slipcase--3D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	358730
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X