GIRL SLAVES OF MORGANA LE FEY on BD from Mondo Macabro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIRL SLAVES OF MORGANA LE FEY on BD from Mondo Macabro

We'll be doing a wide release of the BD upgrade of this dreamy French exploitation classic through CAV using the same artwork as the DVD release. But we are also doing a limited edition red case version with exclusive cover art, which will only be available through the MM website.

Nice! This should look gorgeous in high def.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The red limited edition cover for the blu ray looks really artistic and beautiful. What kind of a price difference will there be between the red limited edition blu ray and the blue standard blu ray version?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post
        The red limited edition cover for the blu ray looks really artistic and beautiful. What kind of a price difference will there be between the red limited edition blu ray and the blue standard blu ray version?
        Price still to be decided. I would think somewhere in the neighborhood of $25, for each edition. Don't quote me on that, but somewhere in that area.

Comment

Did this Limited Edition happen?

Comment

Not yet....still coming. It has...issues :)
            On Jan 14 2016, Jared ( MM rep ) posted
            We're doing COUNTESS PERVERSE and GIRL SLAVES OF MORGANA LE FEY, though the latter has a few issues to be worked out before we can publish.
            https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's such a co-incidence that this thread should come up again. I was just thinking about this one earlier and was gonna ask Jared.

Comment

This and Countess Perverse on blu sounds great.

Comment

At a stand-still with MORGANA at the moment. Hopefully we can sort it out sooner rather than later, but for now we don't have it on the current schedule.

Comment

We just did an episode on this one not too long ago. Great stuff. Hopefully that Blu will make it out eventually!

"My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

I just watched Countess Perverse on DVD a few days ago, can't wait for this one on blu ray. It's one of Jess Franco's better films. I wish you could do a release of The Obscene Mirror on blu ray. I have seen both the Spanish and French versions of those movies, and they are both fantastic, although I think the Spanish one made more sense for some reason. Definitely needs a release. something about Countess Perverse I can picture Howard Vernon taking a big bite of ass meat for dinner haha

Comment

Originally posted by Fundi View Post
                        I just watched Countess Perverse on DVD a few days ago, can't wait for this one on blu ray. It's one of Jess Franco's better films. I wish you could do a release of The Obscene Mirror on blu ray. I have seen both the Spanish and French versions of those movies, and they are both fantastic, although I think the Spanish one made more sense for some reason. Definitely needs a release. something about Countess Perverse I can picture Howard Vernon taking a big bite of ass meat for dinner haha
                        You need to see the Italian version of The Obscene Mirror. I think it's the only version of said film that I've seen (without subs). I enjoyed it. Desperately needs a BD release with all three versions.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                          You need to see the Italian version of The Obscene Mirror. I think it's the only version of said film that I've seen (without subs). I enjoyed it. Desperately needs a BD release with all three versions.
                          I had heard of the Italian version, isn't it hardcore? I think I read Jess Franco's preferred version was the Spanish version, but I could be wrong, I mean and ideal release would include the Spanish/French/and Italian versions, but if only one version of the film is going to be released on Blu ray I would hope they would choose the version Jess Franco most preferred. I know Franco would go back and shoot hardcore scenes for many of his own films so they are legitimate versions of his films, unlike some Euro cult films, where different directors would shoot the scenes and insert them in other directors films.

Comment

Originally posted by Fundi View Post
                            I had heard of the Italian version, isn't it hardcore? I think I read Jess Franco's preferred version was the Spanish version, but I could be wrong, I mean and ideal release would include the Spanish/French/and Italian versions, but if only one version of the film is going to be released on Blu ray I would hope they would choose the version Jess Franco most preferred. I know Franco would go back and shoot hardcore scenes for many of his own films so they are legitimate versions of his films, unlike some Euro cult films, where different directors would shoot the scenes and insert them in other directors films.
                            There are 3 known versions, Spanish, French and Italian.

The French and Italian are very different beasts and change the storyline to accommodate Lina Romay (who doesn't feature in the Spanish version). Both the French and Italian contain hardcore shots, with the latter being more so. All versions need to be seen, however the only true pure version is the Spanish release which is truly a masterpiece. The other two are curios only, and like myself are for Lina completists.

All 3 also have different scores.

Comment

Working...
                            X