No announcement yet.

Jean Rollin on DVD & Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Full Moon has been releasing Franco and Rollin DVDs of transfers on BD in Europe, I figured it was Charles Band planning on getting fans in the US to double dip. They buy the DVD then a couple years later he'd release them on BD to get fans a second time. When Band is involved my mind immediately goes to shady sales tactics. I wonder if that's Redemption's plan as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
      As Full Moon has been releasing Franco and Rollin DVDs of transfers on BD in Europe, I figured it was Charles Band planning on getting fans in the US to double dip. They buy the DVD then a couple years later he'd release them on BD to get fans a second time. When Band is involved my mind immediately goes to shady sales tactics. I wonder if that's Redemption's plan as well.
      The Blu Rays are already out in the UK so it is a real head scratcher.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...f6Ov6uB6pPIRPE

As Eurohorror pioneer Jean Rollin (Requiem for a Vampire, The Iron Rose) approached the sunset of his career, he distilled the dreamlike images and themes of his work into films that were deeply personal and unapologetically cryptic. Dracula's Fiancee stars Jacques Regis as a vampire hunter whose pursuit of the descendants of Count Dracula leads him to a convent (The Order of the White Virgins), where supernatural beings of a parallel world are unleashed, including a bloodthirsty ogress (Magalie Aguado), a wolf-woman (Brigitte Lahaie, Fascination), and a young woman who is being prepared as Dracula's bride (Cyrille Iste). Also included is Lost in New York, perhaps the most dreamlike of Rollin's “sister” films, a modern-day Alice in Wonderland in which two siblings explore the wastelands of Manhattan.

Audio commentary by Samm Deighan (editor of Lost Girls: The Phantasmagorical Cinema of Jean Rollin) | Jean Rollin's 1989 film Lost in New York

THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 2/19/2019
        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Yes! Looks great, I've never seen Lost in New York either.
          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Wicked Vision has a Fascination release in the works.

Technical specs:
            Audio: German, French (Blu-ray: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / DVD: Dolby Digital 2.0)
            Video: Blu-ray: 1,66:1 (1080p) / DVD: 1,66:1 (anamorphic)
            Subtitles: German, English
            Subtitles bonus features: German, English
            Runtime: Blu-ray: 82 min. (uncut) / DVD: 78 min. (uncut)
            Region: A/B/C

Bonus features:
            - 24-page booklet by Pelle Felsch ("Blood On The Scythe - Vampire Cults And Death Goddesses At Jean Rollin“) and David Renske
            - Introduction by Jean Rollin
            - Greetings from Brigitte Lahaie
            - The music of "Fascination" with Philippe d'Aram
            - In memory of Natalie Perrey - Interview with Jean Rollin
            - Eurotika #1: Virgins And Vampires
            - Deleted sex scenes
            - German trailer
            - Original trailer
            - Picture gallery

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fascination_CoverA_front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	355266

Name:	Fascination_CoverB_front.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	355267

Name:	Fascination_CoverC_front.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	355268

https://www.wicked-shop.com/de/wicke...in-collection/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• That third cover's going to sell out first!

Comment

• Cover art!

Name:	DuZxB2BX4AI_4s7.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	355270
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm wondering if there's any connection between the main feature and the bonus short film or if it was just an easy way to combine both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                    I'm wondering if there's any connection between the main feature and the bonus short film or if it was just an easy way to combine both.
                    Not as far as I can remember. Neither are exactly prime Rollin, and Lost in New York would have been a very hard sell on its own given its runtime.
                    https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LD27G...e468N_m2wdQBsY

Le masque de la Méduse was, sadly,to be Jean Rollin s last film and was, strangely, very similar to his first, Le Viol du Vampire (1968), in that both were filmed as short features and then returned to by Rollin who filmed additional material to make an extension to the original film. Masque reinvents the legend with Medusa alive in the modern world, her memory gone she wonders from place to place and ends up at The Théatre du Grand-Guignol,the source of much inspration for Rollin in real-life. Here the film, fittingly perhaps, is part theatre and part cinema, but all Rollin. Surreal, dreamy, macabre, erotic and beautiful it is a fittingly creative end for one of cinema s most original directors. Extras: Stills gallery, original trailer, Salvation trailers, interview with Jean Rollin by Dr Patricia MacCormack, Jean Rollin documentary Vampires and Virgins.
                      LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• This is a good sign. Hopefully, Redemption puts out Medusa on R1.

Comment

• Surprised this isn't a Blu-ray, but they will still get my shekels. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                            Surprised this isn't a Blu-ray, but they will still get my shekels. Thanks for posting this.
                            Redemption only release DVDs in the UK. Their Blu Rays go out via Screenbound, so I'm hoping they or Kino in the US will eventually put this out.

Comment

• Looks like Le Chat Qui Fume has some Rollin stuff in the works and a few other interesting projects.

Name:	cat.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	355703
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                Looks like Le Chat Qui Fume has some Rollin stuff in the works and a few other interesting projects.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22026[/ATTACH]
                                Might this be Phantasms?
                                https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Working...
                                X