Clear All

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And some from Rape Of The Vampire...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looking good! Mine'll be here on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Is Rape Of The Vampire any good? Black and white seems rightfor Rollin.

On another note, why do 70s chicks have such extreme tan lines? Particularly these vampire girls... wouldn't think they'd get much exposure. But really I've never seen that sort of thing on a real woman. The sun must of been really, really hot back in the late 60s/70s.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The best thing about the tan lines is that LES DEMONIAQUES is set at the turn of the century, when everyone wore bikinis.

RAPE OF THE VAMPIRE is good, IMO, although it's pretty disjointed. I prefer the films that immediately followed, but RAPE is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                Is Rape Of The Vampire any good? Black and white seems right for Rollin.
                I think it's the least successful of the three about to be released, which is probably not surprising given that it was his first feature. That said, if you haven't seen it before and can get over the horrendous packaging, it's got to be worth a purchase. It has the feel of a exotic Saturday morning serial about it, and the black and white photography is really beautiful.
                s.chivers
                Last edited by s.chivers; 05-13-2012, 06:05 AM.
                https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                  why do 70s chicks have such extreme tan lines? Particularly these vampire girls...
                  I don't know, but it's a look I absolutely love.
                  Todd Jordan
                  Smut is good.
                  Last edited by Todd Jordan; 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
                    I think it's the least successful of the three about to be released, which is probably not surprising given that it was his first feature. That said, if you haven't seen it before and can get over the horrendous packaging, it's got to be worth a purchase. It has the feel of a exotic Saturday morning serial about it, and the black and white photography is really beautiful.
                    I'd agree. It's his best film but it's definitely interesting. The history behind it is pretty cool too. Lots of great imagery and it is neat to see him working in black and white as he does great things with shadow in the movie.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just posted this in the Redemption thread but figured it wouldn't hurt to have the Rollin specific info here too:

8/28 - THE LIVING DEAD GIRL (1982, Jean Rollin, DVD & Blu-ray)

8/28 - TWO ORPHAN VAMPIRES (1997, Jean Rolin, DVD & Blu-ray)
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Anyone watch Demoniacs yet? It's cut a little differently than the last release in that it's got extended footage of Tina (Joelle Couer) playing with herself on the beach while the two leads are raped. It definitely makes an already strange scene even stranger and while it ups the sexual ante a fair bit it also adds a certain perverted darkness to the end. I think it plays better this way. The footage was included as a deleted scene on the Encore disc but it fits well put back into the movie. Given that this was 'mastered from the 35mm negative' I'm going to guess that Rollin intended this to be there all along? Anyway, RAD.

Of the three Blu-rays from this recent batch I'm going to say Rape Of The Vampire benefits the most from the HD upgrade, it looks gorgeous. The other two also benefit and are quite nice looking but I've got a new appreciation for Rape now (quote me out of context on that if you like) thanks to the high def transfer.

I wish Kino had ported over EVERYTHING from the Encore discs but that didn't happen. Still, they look great on my shelf so I don't mind holding onto them and some of the new extras on the Blu's are pretty rad.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also, someone should buy this for me. You don't tend to see a lot of Rollin magazine tie ins. Evidently it's from Euro Cinema No. 18 from 1/1/74.

Click image for larger version

Name:	collectif-euro-cinema-n-18-cannes-erotique-elles-ont-le-diable-dans-la-peau-joelle-coeur-dans-le.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	338867
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Diabolik has an import version of Countess X in stock, one of his XXX movies. Says it's restored from the negative, it's got English subs.

Anyone know how the quality is? Can't find any reviews for it online...

Click image for larger version

Name:	4deb5149469b2a866444105f43b37547.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	338910
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is it a pink flamingo release?It looks like their logo but i cant see anything on their site

Comment

Sure looks like their logo, you're right.

And it is on their site here.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X