No announcement yet.

Jean Rollin on DVD & Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, either way, I'm excited for these and Lorber has done decent Blu-ray work in the past so hopefully these will continue that trend. I know Rollin isn't everyone's cup of tea and these won't sell like some of the bigger Eurocult titles will (I expect BU's Zombie will do very well) but give me those plastic bats and hokey costumes in 1080p, uncut, and in nice shape and I won't complain if there aren't a lot of supplements given the way the market for this stuff seems to be these days.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My latter day Rollin adulation dictates that these will all be "must buys" if they turn out to be region-free (or I've got a region-free BD player by the time they're released).

Comment

So Ben Gart just posted this at Latarnia. Those screen caps look pretty damn good. I guess it's safe to assume then that the transfers are already finished, at least some are.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My ears were burnin'...someone say my name? :)

Marc Morris has said the Rollins were being redone in HD before the Kino news, so maybe they're working together. I told Don May about it, too, hoping he can put GRAPES OF DEATH out on bd too.

Comment

Fascination just left my Blu-ray player and man oh man... it's still soft in spots as it should be and there's some minor print damage but this is a big improvement over the DVD. Lucas' liner notes are a great read, the Virgins And Vampires Eurotika! special is still awesome and hey, bonus trailers. Oh, and some extended and more explicit sex scenes involving the lovely and talented Ms. Lahaie are on here too.... and in it's all in full HD.

Will try and get to some screen caps later tonight.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There is no try, only do. Click to make big!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

An interview with a Kino rep regarding the Redemption deal and the Rollin films was just posted here:

http://requiemforjeanrollin.blogspot...bers-bret.html
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will post some Lips of Blood images tonight. Went through the disc last night and while it's disappointing that more of the extra from the Encore PAL release weren't carried over, the transfer is a good one.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Kino, if you're reading this, you really should be sending us this stuff to review! :)

Regardless, some caps from Lips of Blood (again, click them to see the big ones)!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks amazing, I need more Rollin in my collection.

Comment

And some caps from Shiver of the Vampires...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You got the disc early. I don't expect mine to be ship before the 24, unless our Amazon get them early (not that it happen very often).

Comment

Working...
                                X