Fulci's The Psychic Getting A Blu-ray Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulci's The Psychic Getting A Blu-ray Release

"84-presents we deliver Lucio Fulcis "The seven black notes" from the 01.12.2014 the latest Fulci firecrackers in the Mediabook.

The Italian cult Director Lucio Fulci created an impressive goosebumps thriller, which is one of his best films with its unique image dramaturgy and the great soundtrack with the Giallo thriller "The seven black notes". This German first release starring Jennifer O'Neill (scanner) and Western cult star can be seen Gianni Garko (SARTANA).

Since the suicide of her mother, Virginia has repeatedly strange visions. One day follow suddenly gruesome pictures of a murdered woman and strange fragments of memory, which cannot match it. Now she lives in a rich husband in Italy and decides to renovate its country house standing empty for years. But right there, the first telltale similarities to the eerie images are out of her head. No one wants to believe her, just her psychologist and friend Luca Fattori helps you to put the puzzle pieces together. Piece by piece come close to the two dangerous a horrific secret from the past. (Translated by Bing) "

Click image for larger version

Name:	10394536_849198528447677_7534985155001200437_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	365370
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hmm. If the price is right, I think I may have to buy this.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Just wary about forced subs. 84's Suspiria, even though had English options. the subs weren't removable due to licensing. No word as yet as to if this is the case with the Psychic.

Comment

I wonder if Severin would revisit this for a Blu-ray - or do they no longer have the rights? Even if it doesn't have forced subs, I'm a little concerned about the price for this particular edition.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Severin lost the rights to this, and the other Fulci films.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

A FB user said this:

"Watching this now. Looks good, nice colors and sharpness/detail. The blu is region free and after you start the movie in English the German subtitles can be turned off by using the subtitle button on the remote."

Packaging looks nice too.

Name:	10882194_924773437534125_20.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	347636

Name:	10402722_924773497534119_24.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	347637
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fulci's The Psychic Getting A Blu-ray Release

I've been circling this one... I'd read somewhere that the image quality was so-so, but that sounds quite positive. I think Andrew picked it up - Andrew, have you peeped it yet (or have you been too busy grooving)?

Comment

Just proceed with caution with this release. Even though the majority say that the subs can be removed once the film is in motion, there are still some that are having problems due to the subs option becoming locked on even during playback. I guess it depends on the player. I was going to buy this but Ive had problems with some films where the subs are supposed to be removable.

Comment

The main issue with this release is the noisy transfer, which looks to be atypical of those from LVR. What is underneath all the noise looks pretty good to my eyes and does not detract too much from enjoying the film. However, it is certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                      I've been circling this one... I'd read somewhere that the image quality was so-so, but that sounds quite positive. I think Andrew picked it up - Andrew, have you peeped it yet (or have you been too busy grooving)?
                      Yes yes, much too busy grooving. I do plan to watch it this weekend. I haven't had any problems with subs so far so hopefully that will be the case here.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

It's got a very noisy transfer, contrast boosted, poor blacklevel and overly pink fleshtones.

Comment

Single disc media book reissue coming from '84 Films on 5/30/16.

Name:	13226917_10156929066655008_4442949387786594703_n.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	350516
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming from Code Red later this year.

Name:	16266073_1743847545930928_4275276018658433276_n.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	351916
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Walt Olsen mentioned that the disc for The Psychic is going through QC and will be hopefully pressed soon.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X