No announcement yet.

The X-Rated Release Of Jess Franco's Demoniac / Exorcism - DVD/Blu-ray Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X-Rated Release Of Jess Franco's Demoniac / Exorcism - DVD/Blu-ray Combo

Here's another one I'm not reviewing but which I figured some might want to see caps from.

The Exorcisme Director's Cut DVD...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Demoniac 1980 version...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And from the Blu-ray.... (click to enlarge).

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've just skimmed the discs so far so I don't have specifics as to cuts/revisions/etc. but since I was screen capping a bunch of other stuff for review purposes, I figured why not.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks for posting the screencaps. Kind of look ok to me considering the Redemption Blu-ray was pretty rough looking. With a bit of luck should receive it next week.

Comment

The 100 minute Directors cut is hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
              The 100 minute Directors cut is hardcore.
              Interesting. Is it a composite that inserts the h/c footage from SEXORCISMES into the picture? (The h/c cut runs for about 70-75 minutes, as I recall; I'd have to dig out my own VHS-sourced copy to be sure.)
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                Interesting. Is it a composite that inserts the h/c footage from SEXORCISMES into the picture? (The h/c cut runs for about 70-75 minutes, as I recall; I'd have to dig out my own VHS-sourced copy to be sure.)
                I'm not entirely sure if it's a composite as I only skimmed through. It did catch me off guard as I didn't anticipate it to be hardcore at all. I'm not entirely sure If its the hardcore scenes from Sexorcisme, bearing in mind the scenes from sexorcisme are included as an extra as well (albeit in bootleg form). Will know more obviously after I have watched it.

Edit: So Its not the same as Sexorcisme at all. it features an extra scene that is hardcore with Romay...but the rest isn't hardcore as far as I can see. I really need to watch this properly.
                Lalala76
                Last edited by Lalala76; 09-05-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

This set looks great, I ordered it straight away after reading this. I hope more get the same treatment.

Comment

So This is my Summary

Exorcism 100 Minutes directors cut dvd: Contains a scene where Vogel keeps Anna Hostage in an Room that is hardcore (the scene featured in Sexorcisms but with a different actress) This time its Romay. English dub. PQ decent.

Exorcism Original version Blu-ray: Same cut as Redemptions I think. Pq is a lot more accessible, a little soft , much less scratches and print damage and overall a much better viewing experience than the Kino restoration. English dub. also features a 15 minute interview with Antonio Mayans in English.

Demoniac 1980 version dvd: Like the US version Of Demoniac but most of the scenes are clothed and the violence isn't shown in detail. Interesting to watch but unfortunately no English dub or subs. PQ decent.

Demoniac 1975 version dvd: Familiar to most but is the shorter, less explicit, more horror orientated version of Exorcism. Again decent enough PQ. The let down here is this also isn't English friendly.

Sadist of Notre Dame- Would have been nice to have the Full version. Instead its 30 minutes of the scenes that were added. VHS quality but are English dub.

Sexorcisme- Again would have been nice to have the full version but here we get 20 minutes of hardcore sequences that featured in the sexorcisme cut, all feature Romay. Nice to have being a Romay fan. PQ is pretty rough looking some scenes fair better than others.

Other extras: trailers and a few other bits n pieces

I'm really happy with this release. Overall its a great package just let down by a few things here and there, but the lack of the Demoniac cut being English friendly means that It kind of justifies keeping Redemption's release too.
                    Lalala76
                    Last edited by Lalala76; 09-06-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                      So This is my Summary

Exorcism 100 Minutes directors cut dvd: Contains a scene where Vogel keeps Anna Hostage in an Room that is hardcore (the scene featured in Sexorcisms but with a different actress) This time its Romay. English dub. PQ decent.

Exorcism Original version Blu-ray: Same cut as Redemptions I think. Pq is a lot more accessible, a little soft , much less scratches and print damage and overall a much better viewing experience than the Kino restoration. English dub. also features a 15 minute interview with Antonio Mayans in English.

Demoniac 1980 version dvd: Like the US version Of Demoniac but most of the scenes are clothed and the violence isn't shown in detail. Interesting to watch but unfortunately no English dub or subs. PQ decent.

Demoniac 1975 version dvd: Familiar to most but is the shorter, less explicit, more horror orientated version of Exorcism. Again decent enough PQ. The let down here is this also isn't English friendly.

Sadist of Notre Dame- Would have been nice to have the Full version. Instead its 30 minutes of the scenes that were added. VHS quality but are English dub.

Sexorcisme- Again would have been nice to have the full version but here we get 20 minutes of hardcore sequences that featured in the sexorcisme cut, all feature Romay. Nice to have being a Romay fan. PQ is pretty rough looking some scenes fair better than others.

Other extras: trailers and a few other bits n pieces

I'm really happy with this release. Overall its a great package just let down by a few things here and there, but the lack of the Demoniac cut being English friendly means that It kind of justifies keeping Redemption's release too.
                      Thanks for the detailed review! I was hoping that the blu ray transfer would be better than the Redemption one and am glad to read it is. I will pick it up at some point.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Trying to figure out if this is worth the plunge. I haven't seen this yet but from other reports it seems there are scenes that were changed and / or switched .
                        In the 100min directors cut the hardcors scene with Romay is taken from SEXORCISME. Then in the SEXORCISME bits and pieces, the 2 scenes where Franco performs oral sex have been replaced with another actor!
                        A bit more info at Latarnia
                        http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/to...dition?page=-1
                        This is a weird little hodgepodge, but the fact that the main feature looks better than Redemption's is enough to make me think twice.
                        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is a weird little hodgepodge, but the fact that the main feature looks better than Redemption's is enough to make me think twice
                          Yes it most definitely is, but Its not a miracle makeover. However, I am really happy that it is a big improvement.

Its a great package and I'm glad I only paid about 25 euros for the cover I got (cover A) as this is now selling for a stupid price.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10434010_367304266757345_6518476201444731501_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	346955

Click image for larger version

Name:	10389088_367326813421757_543441227981454755_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	346956

Comment

Can someone enlighten me as to the Secorcisme cut of this film, which I've never seen. Was the hardcore footage shot at the same time, using the same sets as the more familiar Exorcism footage? I'm really just trying to establish whether this variant was conceived at the time or constructed thereafter.
                              https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Working...
                              X