No announcement yet.

Anolis Entertainment Hammer Films Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is quiet unnerving that two of our most anticipated titles had to be postponed over and over again. And while this is still true for NIGHT OF THE DEMON, in case of BRIDES OF DRACULA your wait is finally over by mid of November.

Here is what we offer you with the upcoming release:

Packaging: Mediabook & Standard Blu-ray Box

Catalogue No. MB A: 37038
    Catalogue No. MB B: 37039
    Catalogue No. Softbox: 37040

EAN-Code MB Cover A: 404 1036 37038 1
    EAN-Code MB Cover B: 404 1036 37039 8
    EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37040 4

Aspect ratio: High Definition Widescreen (16:9 1,78:1) 1920x1080p
    Sound: German DTS HD-MA 2.0 Mono / English DTS HD-MA 2.0 Mono
    Subtitles: German (removeable)
    Length: 85 min. (24fps)

Bonus:

Audio Commentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad / Making Of „Brides of Dracula“ / Interview with Yvonne Monlaur (conducted at the Festival of Fantastic Films - Manchester in 2004) / British, american und german theatrical trailer / German Title sequence / Comic-Adaption / German advertising flyer / Film programs / picture gallerie

Incl. 36 page (!!) Booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Uwe Huber - German text only (exclusively included in the Mediabook)

Street is now Friday the 13th. November 2015 of course.

And during the course of this week the discs should available for pre-order.

Comment

Full credit to the poster here for this info.

Looks like Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell is coming from Anolis in August.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	350688

That same thread also notes this:

"According to Anolis on their Facebook page, they just said, "We are working on the Studio Canal licenses. Keep your fingers crossed." This was in regards to future Hammer titles."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like Vampire Lovers is the one after FATMFH.

I'm not sure what titles Studio Canal own in Germany as Plague of the Zombies and The Reptile have already been released by Anolis and they're Studio Canal in the Uk.

Comment

Let's hope it means titles such as DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE, DEMONS OF THE MIND, THE LOST CONTINENT, BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB, THE SCARS OF DRACULA, HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN, TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER, and so on...

Comment

After the hammer-fans this year had to him right, it is now finally with an expected release: Hí¶llenmonster of Frankenstein.

Considered by many to be rather inferior contribution to hammers Frankenstein-Series, I think the film for a small masterpiece. The movie goes quickly in the full and Peter Cushing shows yet again, what a brilliant actor he is. There is also for a hammer-production disproportionately much gore to see.

According to the colleagues of hammer was the newly sampled master for some scenes, some of which even in our old DVD was missing. I couldn't verify this so far. Maybe someone has fun, a cut to create report.

Here is the equipment:

Packaging: Mediabook & soft box

Order-no mb: 37045
            Order-No Soft Box: 37046

Ean-code MB: 404 1036 37045 9
            EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37046 6

Fsk: 16

Image Format: High definition widescreen (16:9 1,66:1) 1920 x1080p
            Sound Format: German DTS HD-Ma 2.0 Mono / ENGLISH DTS HD-Ma 2.0 mono
            Subtitles: German (Ausblendbar)
            Length: 95 min. (24 FPS)

Bonus:

Audio Commentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen and uwe sommerlad / audio commentary with Madeline Smith, Shane Briant and Marcus Hearn / making of " taking over the asylum " / documentation " Terence Fisher-charming evil " / interviews with David Nathan And Friedrich Schoenfelder / us trailer / us press book / Picture Galleries

Incl. 28-sided booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and uwe sommerlad (exclusive only in mediabook included)

As a release date we have the 02. September 2016.

PS. As you can see, there are only a cover this time at mediabook variant. Just here unfortunately lacked the alternatives. We were able, despite the original planned mediabook-motive through the incomparably better UK-Quad motive replace. Our thanks to Marcus Hearn.

Name:	13620911_10154572042014672_9068291253568275132_n.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	351030
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like Anolis have Captain Kronos scheduled

Comment

From FB (another weird translation).

After it in the first half of a little bit quiet around our hammer-Series was made, we are now almost completely back on track at the planned release rhythm of 2 months.

Or the other way around: it is the beginning of November with another, long-awaited title continues: the vampire lovers!

For those who carmilla of j. Sheridan le fanu have not read, this time the content from the film:

In Styria of the early 19. th century, young women suffer from nightmares plagues you, and finally you will be on your chest wundmalen found dead. Only one knows the true connections: Peter Cushing in the role of a general, whose daughter belongs to the victims, I'm a merciless vampire hunter together to the undead perpetrator, carmilla, to put down.

And how the equipment from? Pretty good, I'd think:

Packaging: Mediabook & soft box

Order-no mb a: 37052
                Order-no mb b: 37053
                Order-No Soft Box: 37054

Ean-code mb cover a: 404 1036 37052 7
                Ean-code mb cover b: 404 1036 37053 4
                Ean Code Soft Box: 404 1036 37054 1

Fsk: 16

Image Format: High definition widescreen (16:9 1,85:1) 1920 x1080p
                Sound Format: German DTS HD-Ma 2.0 Mono / ENGLISH DTS HD-Ma 2.0 mono
                Subtitles: German (Ausblendbar)
                Length: 91 min. (24 FPS)

Bonus:
                Audio Commentary with Ingrid Pitt, Tudor gates and Roy Ward Baker / audio commentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen and volker kronz / documentation "short ing the vampire lovers" / interview with Madeline Smith / Ingrid Pitt reads carmilla / German and American trailer / us radio spots / Werberatschlí¤ge / Filmprogramme / Picture Gallery

Incl. 36-sided booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Huber & guis kard ober par head and uwe sommerlad (exclusive only in mediabook included)

As a release date we have the 04. November 2016.

PS. Of all the soft box-Buyer: in the booklet of the media books you will find lots of photos of Ingrid Pitt with arg transparent clothes. ' put, put, put..."

Name:	14519798_10154822485064672_2777109305199770839_n.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	351412
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

OK, guys, after I had updated the GALLERY OF TERROR thread, it is now time to get our Hammer thread up to speed.

But first I would like to thank Ian very much for doing what should have been my job: Getting the info on our latest releases out.

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                  Looks like Anolis have Captain Kronos scheduled
                  This was supposed to be the next title after VAMPIRE LOVERS, but not without having recorded a commentary of lead actor Horst Janson. Due to his busy schedule (basically 4 out 7 days per week he is still on stage) this took quite a while. But now we did it!!

The Captain was in the House!

Horst Janson recorded a cool commentary track together with Uwe Sommerlad. A big THANK YOU to the 2 Gentlemen for their great collaboration!

But still, as getting this done took very long we decided to release another Captain first …

Comment

... and that was of course CAPTAIN CLEGG aka. NIGHT CREATURES

Packaging: Mediabook and Standard Blu-ray case
                    Order-No. MB Cover A: 37058
                    Order-No. MB Cover B: 37059
                    Order-No. BD Case: 37060

EAN-Code MB Cover A : 404 1036 37058 9
                    EAN-Code MB Cover A : 404 1036 37059 6
                    EAN-Code. BD Case : 404 1036 37060 2

Aspect Ratio: High Definition Widescreen (16:9 1,79:1) 1920x1080p
                    Sound: German/Englisch DTS MA 2.0 Mono
                    Length: 82 min. (24fps)

Bonus:
                    - Audiocommentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Volker Kronz (no engl. subs)
                    - The Making of Captain Clegg
                    - The Mossman Legacy
                    - American & German theatrical trailer
                    - German, French & British advertising flyer / Filmprograms / Picturegallery

28-page Booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (exclusive to the Mediabook edition/German text only)

The title will be released on the 12. May 2017

Comment

I honestly only intended on picking up one or two of the mediabook releases, but Anolis put so much care and attention into these, and with the cool art that its almost become addictive collecting them. I think the only 3 mediabooks I missed out on are Twins of Evil and Quatermass and the Pit (both impossible to find now at a decent price) and Quatermass Xperiment. The rest I have and love. I think the only transfer that disappointed me was Countess Dracula, but I think that's because all the releases look relatively subpar due to MGM's transfer.

Comment

FINALLY!!

CAPTAIN KRONOS is getting released on Blu-ray.

This is maybe the most anticipated Hammer release for me. Very likely because I saw it over 25 years ago on the big screen during the Fantasy Filmfest in Hamburg. I had expected your typical vampire movie, but was rewarded with something extra-ordinary. A vampire, that rather steals youth then blood. An Antihero, with a bit of vampireblood in his own veins, who fights with a Katana. Director Brian Clemens was way ahead of his time. Which IMHO is the reason why this film works so well still to this day.

Our release is overeflowing with goodies. You get 4 (!!) commentary tracks. And also if "only" 3 of them are English-friendly I still think this says a lot how much we cherish the film. And yes, that means the commentary with Horst Janson and Uwe Sommerlad offers English subtitles!

Here are the full specs:

Order-No. MB Cover A: 37055
                        Order-No. MB Cover B: 37057
                        Order-No. BD Case: 37056

EAN-Code MB Cover A : 404 1036 37055 8
                        EAN-Code MB Cover A : 404 1036 37057 2
                        EAN-Code. BD Case : 404 1036 37056 5

Aspect Ratio: High Definition Widescreen (16:9 1,66:1) 1920x1080p
                        Length: 91 min. (24fps)

Bonus:
                        - Commentary by Shane Briant, John Carson, Caroline Murno, Brian Clemens, Marcus Hearn
                        - Commentary by Brian Clemens, Ian Wilson, Marcus Hearn
                        - Commentary by Horst Janson, Uwe Sommerlad (with engl. subs)
                        - Commentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Volker Kronz (no engl. subs)
                        - Interview with Horst Janson (recorded in 2003/no engl. subs)
                        - Captain Kronos Reunion
                        - British theatrical trailer
                        - Comic / British advertising flyer / US Pressbook / Filmprograms / Picturegallery

28-page Booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (exclusive to the Mediabook edition/German text only)

The title will be released on the 02. June 2017

Comment

FINALLY!!

CAPTAIN KRONOS is getting released on Blu-ray.

This is maybe the most anticipated Hammer release for me. Very likely because I saw it over 25 years ago on the big screen during the Fantasy Filmfest in Hamburg. I had expected your typical vampire movie, but was rewarded with something extra-ordinary. A vampire, that rather steals youth then blood. An Antihero, with a bit of vampireblood in his own veins, who fights with a Katana. Director Brian Clemens was way ahead of his time. Which IMHO is the reason why this film works so well still to this day.

Our release is overeflowing with goodies. You get 4 (!!) commentary tracks. And also if "only" 3 of them are English-friendly I still think this says a lot how much we cherish the film. And yes, that means the commentary with Horst Janson and Uwe Sommerlad offers English subtitles!

Here are the full specs:

Order-No. MB Cover A: 37055
                          Order-No. MB Cover B: 37057
                          Order-No. BD Case: 37056

EAN-Code MB Cover A : 404 1036 37055 8
                          EAN-Code MB Cover A : 404 1036 37057 2
                          EAN-Code. BD Case : 404 1036 37056 5

Length: 91 min. (24fps)

Bonus:
                          - Commentary by Shane Briant, John Carson, Caroline Murno, Brian Clemens, Marcus Hearn
                          - Commentary by Brian Clemens, Ian Wilson, Marcus Hearn
                          - Commentary by Horst Janson, Uwe Sommerlad (with engl. subs)
                          - Commentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Volker Kronz (no engl. subs)
                          - Interview with Horst Janson (recorded in 2003/no engl. subs)
                          - Captain Kronos Reunion
                          - Comic / British advertising flyer / US Pressbook / Filmprograms / Picturegallery

The title will be released on the 02. June 2017

Comment

Source.

1) As you might know in Germany customers are very fond of dubbings. Especially ones from the 50s - 70s as they had an amazing quality to them. Mostly because of the use of experienced (stage) actors instead of simple narrators. The dubbing for PHANTOM OF THE OPERA was considered lost. This is why the previous DVD release only had the original soundtrack on board. Last year Koch Media, with whom we cooperate on this release, was able to find the German negative. But unfortunately a reel was missing. It was only until spring this year another print was found and we finally could take the full dubbing from it.

2) The master that was used for previous releases is not really up to todays quality standard. Luckily Koch Media didn't rest until they got a different master from Universal. And MAN, is this an improvement. I will provide screenshots soon.

Without further ado, here are the details of the upcoming PHANTOM OF THE OPERA release:

Order-No. MB Cover A: 37064
                            Order-No. MB Cover B: 37065
                            Order-No. BD Case: 37066

EAN-Code MB Cover A: 404 1036 37064 0
                            EAN-Code MB Cover B: 404 1036 37065 7
                            EAN-Code. BD Case: 404 1036 37066 4

Aspect Ratio: High Definition Widescreen (16:9 1,79:1) 1920x1080p
                            Length: 84 min. (24fps)

Bonus:
                            - Commentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (no engl. subs)
                            - Making Of „Phantom Of The Opera“
                            - German title sequence
                            - US Radiospot / advertising flyer / Filmprograms / Picturegallery

Inkl. 36-seitigem Booklet geschrieben von Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Uwe Huber (exclusive to the Mediabook edition/German text only)

The title will be released on the 29. September 2017

Name:	2017_09_10_phantom_packshots_sm.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	353030
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will definitely need to see comparison caps for this. I'm falling behind with these Anolis releases and will likely never catch up.

Comment

Source.

And here are the details for this release (Specifications subject to change):

Packaging: Mediabook, KeepCase, Woodbox incl. Mediabook (Cover C)

Order-No. MB A: 37067
                                Order-No. MB B: 37068
                                Order-No. MB C: 37070
                                Order-No. KeepCase: 37069

EAN-Code MB Cover A: 404 1036 37067 1
                                EAN-Code MB Cover B: 404 1036 37068 8
                                EAN-Code MB Cover C: 404 1036 37070 1
                                EAN-Code KeepCase: 404 1036 37069 5

Label: Anolis Entertainment (in Cooperation with der Studio Hamburg Enterprises GmbH)

Sound: Deutsch DTS HD-MA 2.0 Mono / Englisch DTS HD-MA 2.0 Mono
                                Subtitles: Deutsch (ausblendbar)
                                Length: 82 min. (24fps)

Content/Bonus:

Feature film DRACULA restored by the BFI (2007) / Feature DRACULA restored by Hammer Films (2012) / Featurette DRACULA REBORN with Jimmy Sangster, Janina Faye, Mark Gatiss, Jonathan Rigby and Kim Newmann / Featurette RESURRECTING DRACULA - detailing the restoration process of the film / Featurette CENSORING DRACULA / Featurette THE DEMONLOVER - the british historian Christopher Frayling tals about Dracula / Live-Recording: Janina Faye reads texts by Bram Stoker on the Vault Festival / Commentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Sommerlad and Volker Kronz / Commentary by Marcus Hearn and Jonathan Rigby / Picture galleries and trailer

Incl. Booklet (number of pages not yet set) written by Dr. Rolf Giesen, Uwe Huber and Uwe Sommerlad (exclusive to the Mediabook edition/German text only).

This info goes out to all dealers today, so all products should get listed during this week. We have currently planned to release all editions on the 08th December 2017 - but due to the special packaging and the workload on the extras this date can change.

Name:	dracula.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	353067
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X