No announcement yet.

Anolis Entertainment Hammer Films Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Anolis releases BRIDES OF DRACULA and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, I will upgrade from the terrible Final Cut releases. And while I think Final Cut's release of THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN looks decent, it's lacking in detail. If Anolis's release is sharper, I'll definitely pick that up, too.

So far, the only Hammer Horror owned by Universal not available on Blu-ray is NIGHTMARE. Any chance Anolis will release this one in Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by C.D. Workman View Post
      If Anolis releases BRIDES OF DRACULA and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, I will upgrade from the terrible Final Cut releases.
      I was always under the impression Chris that you were a supporter of the Final cut BOD release.

Comment

Actually, I do like BOD in general and wasn't thinking when I wrote that line. THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and KISS OF THE VAMPIRE are both terrible. CAPTAIN CLEGG is a seriously mixed bag. I think BRIDES OF DRACULA looks good, but I would probably still upgrade to get a corrected OAR.

Comment

What do you think? Isn't our version of the artwork (the one on the right) much more appealing than the old one?

Comment

The colors look much more natural and way less boosted on the image on the right side. Looks like some of the detail disappears on the left side.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hey, does anybody else share my opinion that it is about time we devote our attention to one of most beloved horror icon: Frankenstein's monster?

OK, we all know this is simply a rhetorical question :)

The fact alone that Peter Cushing reprises his role as Baron Frankenstein makes this movie a must-have to all horrorfilm-fans. Fans of the Hammer studios have already charged their Flux Compensator, travelled 30 days ahead and bought their copy months ago :)

I'm pretty sure everybody here knows the film in detail, so let's skip forward to the presentation:

Packaging: Mediabook & Softbox

Catalogue-No MB A: 37031
              Catalogue-No MB B: 37032
              Catalogue-No Softbox: 37033

EAN-Code MB Cover A: 404 1036 37031 2
              EAN-Code MB Cover B: 404 1036 37032 9
              EAN-Code Softbox: 404 1036 37033 6

Aspect Ratio: High Definition Widescreen (16:9 1,78:1) 1920x1080p
              Sound: German DTS HD-MA 2.0 Mono / English DTS HD-MA 2.0 Stereo
              Subtitles: German (removeable)
              Duration: 86 min. (24fps)

Bonus:

Audiocommentary by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Volker Kronz (German language, no subs) / Making Of „The Evil of Frankenstein“ / Uwe Sommerlad in conversation with Caron Gardner (38 min.) / A Moment with Caron Gardner / US Trailer / Additional Scenes from the US TV-version (13 min.) / German advertising flyer/ US advertising flyer / Filmprogram / 2 picture galleries

Inkl. 28 -page booklet written by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (german only). Exklusively included in the Mediabook.

We would especially like to thank Christine Marshall, who had her 16mm print of the tv-scenes transferred for us.

The street date is the 29th of May and during the next week the discs should available for pre-order.

Comment

The additional scenes from the US television version is a MAJOR selling point!

Comment

Originally posted by C.D. Workman View Post
                  The additional scenes from the US television version is a MAJOR selling point!
                  I am actually picking this one up, and I have the Final cut BD.

Comment

I'm less than enamored with the Final Cut BD for this title. It doesn't look nearly as bad as THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and KISS OF THE VAMPIRE; it isn't even as middling as CAPTAIN CLEGG. But it still doesn't entirely look like a Blu-ray, in part because it lacks detail. It looks as if Anolis has crafted the definitive release, especially if the film itself looks anything like their release of THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.

Comment

As promised I had our authoring studio send over some screenshots so you can get an impression on the AC and the overall quality.

I already took a glimpse at the Blu-ray and I am pretty much satisfied. Then again, I am biased :)

Have a great sunday!

Comment

That's beautiful! Thanks for those grabs!
                        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing this one in motion... as well as to watching the extras. Thus far, I have not found any studio releasing Hammer films on BD that can beat Anolis's extras. My only real complaint is that the subtitles for the German commentary aren't subtitled. I would just about kill to be able to know what was being said!

Comment

I have to take back that last statement. I'm listening to the commentary on THE PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES in English even as we speak!

Comment

Swiped this from FB...

Click image for larger version

Name:	11391332_10155610438160375_4434373563600021780_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	348384
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Haha. That's my photo MR Jane!!!!

Comment

Working...