No announcement yet.

Nosferatu In Venice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he reportedly forced the firing of the third(!) director and one of the leading actresses, directly resulting in producer Caminito stepping in to direct. The whole shoot must have been a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
      Well he reportedly forced the firing of the third(!) director and one of the leading actresses, directly resulting in producer Caminito stepping in to direct. The whole shoot must have been a nightmare.
      Should make for a great documentary! I wonder if David Gregory did it; he's made some very good ones.
      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Must have been a money grab for Kinski.
        The film is kinda bad but I still want it if it looks better than what's going around.

What's funny is there's a scene where Kinski trips on the Venice cobblestone and
        not only do they keep it in the film but they used it in a trailer with a quick cutaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
          Must have been a money grab for Kinski.
          The film is kinda bad but I still want it if it looks better than what's going around.

What's funny is there's a scene where Kinski trips on the Venice cobblestone and
          not only do they keep it in the film but they used it in a trailer with a quick cutaway.
          It was always about money with him. He'd do whatever so long as it paid him whatever he wanted. He turned down Spielberg because he wanted more.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
            Should make for a great documentary! I wonder if David Gregory did it; he's made some very good ones.
            Severin mentioned who did it on their podcast, but it wasn't David Gregory, but I can't remember who it was. They did say that it has interviews with some people from the Northern California town where he lived the last few years of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              Severin mentioned who did it on their podcast, but it wasn't David Gregory, but I can't remember who it was. They did say that it has interviews with some people from the Northern California town where he lived the last few years of his life.
              Sounds very interesting. Looks like the documentary will definitely be better than the mess of a film.
              "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
                I just watched the DVD and assume you're referring to the moment at 39:06 when he turns his ankle. That looked like it hurt!

There aren't a huge number of horror movies set in that Italian city (a dozen or two?), but one that I think has never been put out on disc and I would love to see released is DAMNED IN VENICE (1978).
                VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
                X