Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A CANDLE FOR THE DEVIL - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Scorpion Releasing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for the easy option, being in the UK and bought Odeon's release. Wish I hadn't bothered. Looks bad, and doesn't even look HD to me. I have several Odeon blus and most are generally quite nice looking, but this sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
      Went for the easy option, being in the UK and bought Odeon's release. Wish I hadn't bothered. Looks bad, and doesn't even look HD to me. I have several Odeon blus and most are generally quite nice looking, but this sucks.
      I bought a copy of the Odeon Blu on Monday but haven't had chance to even open it yet.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

According to Walt Olsen, Scorpion did extensive color correcting to make the film look as good as it can, which makes their version better than Odeon's.

Comment

I really loved the political subtext of this movie. Thanks to those who recommended.

Comment

Subkultur are putting this out on Blu-ray at the end of May.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12993622_1318466851502898_6002510500358997629_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	350370
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Scorpion and the Odeon both are from the same master, right? And both look like upscaled SD?

Hopefully the Subkultur looks better. They at least have an awesome track record.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                The Scorpion and the Odeon both are from the same master, right? And both look like upscaled SD?
                I thought the Scorpion disc looked quite good. The DVDdrive-in review spoke highly of it.

Comment

The Odeon Blu-ray looked awful. I never made it through the film.

Somebody asked Subkultur if they had utilised Scorpions transfer or if it was a new scan, and they replied "Same transfer"

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                    I thought the Scorpion disc looked quite good. The DVDdrive-in review spoke highly of it.
                    I don't remember it looking good, but I do know it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the film. Very good film.

Comment

Coming 10/17/22 from 88 Films.

Limited Edition Slipcase
                      Limited Edition Picture Booklet
                      HD Transfer in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
                      High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
                      2.0 English LPCM Mono
                      Optional English SDH
                      Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and Sean Hogan
                      Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
                      The Devil Makes Two - An Interview with Director Eugenio Martin
                      Theatrical Trailer
                      Stills Gallery
                      Reversible sleeve featuring new artwork by Simon Pritchard and alternative original artwork

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fa2nKliWIAIU3XW.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	399048
                      Ian Jane
                      Administrator
                      Last edited by Ian Jane; 08-23-2022, 11:03 AM.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is an extraordinary film.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Super late to the party but I just watched this for the first time tonight and I absolutely loved it!
                          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Working...
                          X