Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sandman - Dario Argento & Iggy Pop

From Fangoria:

"Having previously lent his acting talents to the likes of John Waters and Richard Stanley, legendary rocker Iggy Pop, we just learned, is now set to collaborate with the king of Italian horror.

Fango got the word that Pop will star in the title role of THE SANDMAN, the latest frightfest from Dario Argento. As we reported earlier today, Argento will be presenting THE SANDMAN, scripted by David Tully (who also wrote Tobe Hooper's upcoming DJINN), to potential backers at the Frontií¨res International Co-Production Market at this summer's Fantasia film festival in Montreal. That's all we know about THE SANDMAN at this point, but we'll be sure to keep on top of it and bring more news as it arises! The former frontman of The Stooges previously co-starred in Water's CRY-BABY and provided the voice of Angry Bob in Stanley's HARDWARE; he also appeared in THE CROW: CITY OF ANGELS and the rock 'n' roll vampire movie SUCK."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I would have been excited about this 10-15 years ago. But now? Nope. Dario needs to retire.

Comment

Argento will be presenting THE SANDMAN, scripted by David Tully (who also wrote Tobe Hooper's upcoming DJINN), to potential backers at the Frontií¨res International Co-Production Market at this summer's Fantasia film festival in Montreal.
      Not sure he will even be able to raise the finds...He usually has trouble...and with his ever declining level of films, I find it hard to believe anyone will invest.

You never know..Dario MAY surprise us...( in a good way???)

Comment

I thought he retired considering how horrible his take on Dracula was? I hate to say it but he really should retire and stop ruining his reputation. How long has it been since he's done a film that you could call legitimately good?
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          How long has it been since he's done a film that you could call legitimately good?

13 years if you're beeing generous. 18 years if less so.

Comment

I didn't like Stendhal Syndrome. I should maybe give it a 2nd chance but I've come to the conclusion that overall Asia is a decent actress but whenever she's in one of her father's films she's absolutely terrible.

Comment

I didn't like Stendhal Syndrome. I should maybe give it a 2nd chance but I've come to the conclusion that overall Asia is a decent actress but whenever she's in one of her father's films she's absolutely terrible.
              Give it another go sometime. Asia is really good in it, its the dubbing that makes it seem awkward.
              LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Any damage that could be done to Dario's reputation has long since been done. If he wants to keep making movies I hope he's earned the right (though damned if I'd let him do it with my money). Personally I have a strange fascination with his continued output.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I thought Dracula was Dario's worst film ever, but I still have faith. And I love Iggy Pop, too, so I hope their collaboration will be a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Clark View Post
                    I thought Dracula was Dario's worst film ever, but I still have faith.
                    Me too...I have faith that his NEXT ONE will be his NEW worst ever!!

Comment

Sandman? What about Argento's Dracula 3DD or Revenge of the Phantom of the Opera?
                      "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

Phenomena 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Comment

Phenomena 2: Electric Bugaloo?
                          Fixed that for ya
                          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I see what you did there.

Comment

It seems Dario fell down a flight of stairs and did a pretty serious number on himself.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...urt-fall-home/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X