No announcement yet.

The Sandman - Dario Argento & Iggy Pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn't like we've seen Asia naked before in her father's films...
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      It isn't like we've seen Asia naked before in her father's films...
      Wasn't talking about her though.......

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10506686_691882970893256_1801350255532993337_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	346689
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like the Poster, has a kind of old school Tenebrae/Inferno feeling to it.

Comment

Very cool poster. I wonder if he found any backers yet?
            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

HAHA..

Good poster does not necessarily mean good movie

Just cut ALL expectations right now...and STILL be prepared to be disappointed when you see the finished product!

Comment

Dario's director statement from the official Fuckface... er... Facebook page:

"I am a child of Poe. When I was a boy, reading his dark dreams had a profound impact on me, playing no small part in shaping my own, as I grew into a filmmaker. The lineage to which he belongs - his Dark Romanticism - is my own as well… and as Poe's vision had such an influence on my own, so the beautifully warped and surreal nightmares of E.T.A. Hoffmann played no small part in creating the world of E. A. Poe.
                This is why directing THE SANDMAN is, in so many ways, like coming home. Though David Tully's screenplay is a sleek and very contemporary thriller that belongs to the twenty-first century, its primal roots lie in the dark forests of Germany that spawned the Gothic, through the tale of Hoffmann that is its basis.
                This is the vein I am tapping, in shaping my darkest vision yet: a state-of-the-art funhouse of fear and mystery that also reintroduces us to the very dawn of horror, through the Gothic tale that shaped Poe, refashioned as a giallo for a new generation.
                My SANDMAN will cast a complex spell, and bring my vision full circle."
                Dario Argento
                Apparently this is going to take the crowdfunding route.

Comment

It would be nice after the last 20 years of crap he finally made one last good film.

Comment

He tried to do POE before many years ago...didn't turn out too well IMHO (though WAS better than Romro's half!)

Comment

Indiegogo campaign up and running:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/d...ng-iggy-pop--2

Comment

So, Argento is making another film that's a tribute to himself? Like Non Ho Sonno? Yeah, I'll pass. Argento has made the same film too many times now.

Comment

I'm not gonna put a downer on Argento, So what if his films aren't what they were, neither were Romero's or Carpenter's. I'm a Jess Franco fan and hell, even whilst he was making some great films, he was also reeling out some shite, and even more so in the last 20 years before he passed on, so I don't blame Argento for trying. Personally I am always going to give Argento's films a chance. If they suck, then so what, its not tarnished the films he made in the 70's and 80's. The only thing that I don't entirely agree with is the crowdfunding, but If that's the only way he can get it financed then so be it. Biggest issue with that, is of course if his "fans" are paying for it, then of course its destined to fail because they will feel like its their film and It wont be Suspiria or Tenebrae and they will feel cheated. Give the man some slack though, you don't have to watch it, or buy the damn thing, and this isn't aimed at anybody, just my personal view on the subject.

Comment

For a moment, I was under the impression this was an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics. The idea of Iggy playing Morpheus would be intriguing.

Comment

The indegogo campaign is only looking to raise $250,000. A fair whack of change for sure but not in movie terms. Is the rest of the money in place? Is this seed money to go after financiers? Or is Argento going super guerilla? I don't think a man of his years should be making a flick for $250k.
                              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                                The indegogo campaign is only looking to raise $250,000. A fair whack of change for sure but not in movie terms. Is the rest of the money in place? Is this seed money to go after financiers? Or is Argento going super guerilla? I don't think a man of his years should be making a flick for $250k.
                                Possibly. The big difference between Indiegogo and Kickstarter is that if you don't meet the goal on Indiegogo, you keep something like 85% of the money that was donated. Whereas if you don't meet the goal on Kickstarter you get nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X