Camera Obscura releasing THE KILLER RESERVED NINE SEATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine yesterday too.

Anal retentive collector nerd problem - do I put it on the Blu-ray shelf where the packaging won't fit right or do I put it on the DVD shelf in the Camera Obscura section where the packaging fits (more or less)?

These are the things that keep me up at night, haha.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Anal retentive collector nerd problem - do I put it on the Blu-ray shelf where the packaging won't fit right or do I put it on the DVD shelf in the Camera Obscura section where the packaging fits (more or less)?
      Personally, I'm glad they're keeping the case size uniform with their DVDs. I'll be keeping this blu-ray on the shelf with the other CO discs, they look too cool all lined up to orphan the BDs and keep them somewhere else. If I had the space, I'd display all my CO discs face front, all the covers are gorgeous.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Ha, that's what Alison said 'show the cover!'
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10635[/ATTACH]
          That guy looks like the ventriliquist dummy from that Twilight Zone episode...
          Attached Files
          Alison Jane
          Girl Boss Jane
          Last edited by Alison Jane; 07-08-2014, 05:41 PM.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TZ-dummy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	346594
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I really want to see this film but I fucking H-A-T-E! digipak packaging. They're always dented or scratched when I get them. ALWAYS.
              https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                I really want to see this film but I fucking H-A-T-E! digipak packaging. They're always dented or scratched when I get them. ALWAYS.
                I'm totally with you on that. Mine turned today with two small dents in the sleeve.
                https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                  YUP. I don't know why anyone does digipaks. They have to be more expensive than regular cases, and don't hold up as well. Don't get it.
                  But has anyone checked out the disc yet? I took a quick look the other night - wow. This has got to be one of the better transfers of an Italian film on the market. Looks like film, with none of the overly-bright waxiness of so many Italian HD masters. Great stuff, looking forward to watching the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                    Personally, I'm glad they're keeping the case size uniform with their DVDs. I'll be keeping this blu-ray on the shelf with the other CO discs, they look too cool all lined up to orphan the BDs and keep them somewhere else. If I had the space, I'd display all my CO discs face front, all the covers are gorgeous.
                    Thats what I do, they are my favorite covers from all my dvd/blu's to date, love their digipackaging and am also glad they did not mess around with a different size for their blu's. Using original artwork for european films from that era are the best choice, and would encourage all companies to do the same, nothing compares really.

Comment

Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
                      I'm totally with you on that. Mine turned today with two small dents in the sleeve.
                      Don't like digipaks either and now that I got mine (yesterday), it is of course damaged. Yay. Seems like something had hit the spine and crushed it a bit so that it damaged the front of the cover as well. I am so happy right now.

Considering how it was packaged and the damage it seems it was that way even before it was sent to me.

Comment

I watched this last night. Stunning presentation. Considering its not really top tier giallo its very much and enjoyable film. The ending though really puzzled me. I didn't really know what the hell was going on there. Maybe it becomes clearer on a second viewing.

Comment

I hadn't seen this in a dozen years and I remembered a much better film. The Ten Little Indians setup is pretty badly handled as all 9 of our Indians are introduced at once which makes them hard to get a handle on and makes the first few murders seem inconsequential. Then you get the whole introduction of supernatural elements into this which really does confuse everything a great deal. Supernatural film or murder by numbers? They really should picked one and gone with it. What's here is confused and damned if I had much idea what was going on at the end. The exploitation elements of the film here seem really out of place as well. It all feels very placid and old fashioned and then all of a sudden the killer cuts a womans clothes off and starts shoving a knife up places where no knife should ever go. It's very jarring.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Well look what turned up. High five!

Comment

Oh wow. Who put that out?
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh wow. Who put that out?
                                Quartet, a great soundtrack label out of Spain. Dusty Groove is sold out but I'm sure they'll have some more in a week or so. I ordered mine last night, should get it next week. It's a cd btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X